Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Adding Upgrades fuel pak, power duals ect Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 04:22 PM
hdoilcan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Upgrades fuel pak, power duals ect Please Help

I have a 2014 Road King.What I'm looking for is some good sound (louder, but not crazy loud) and with that any extra performance ect I can get. I purchased a set of Vance & Hines fishtail slip ons (haven't arrived yet) and I plan to get on purchasing a set of V&H power duals, V&H vo2 air intake and the V&H fuel pack (led or lcd?)
My question is..... is this all I need? Do I need to take it into a dealer and need any more tuning or anything else done or will the fuel pack take care of everything for me? I can install all this myself but I have no clue when it comes to tuning ect but would like to avoid taking it to the dealer so that's why I'm trying to stay all with V&H as the fuel pack is advertised as saying no mechanic needed. I guess you put in all your V&H numbers??? Also can I install a V&H throttle pak after installing all this? Will it help?

Old 04-27-2014, 09:06 AM
jmr1971
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is pretty close to what I've been considering for my '11 FLHTK. After doing way more mods on my '04 Heritage, I'm just looking for a bike I can tour on that I know will be reliable but also performs a bit better than stock.

One of the things that's attractive about products like V&H FP is that it uncuffs us from the dealers, especially if you can put the pipes & intake on yourself. Go check out the V&H website and the videos they have posted there; once you find the right product for your year/model, you should be good to go without having to take it anywhere if all you're doing is pipes & cleaner.