In Memory Of... Post a thread in memorial of a loved one. Pictures and thoughts are welcome.

In Memory of Ray Crane

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 05:30 AM
roknroll
Road Master

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts
Default In Memory of Ray Crane

I lost my best friend (and identical twin) 34 months ago, and it has taken a long time to deal with it. I'm grateful he went very quickly (circulation issue) and didn't suffer or linger.

We grew up on a farm, and for many years we were the only friends each other had. Mom used to say that "what one didn't think of the other one did". We were both 'motorheads' but I'll admit he came by it a lot more naturally than I did. He was the (imo) world's best welder. He just had a 6th sense for mechanical stuff that I could never duplicate.

He also was very musically inclined. For the last 20 years of his life he and I were in a classic rock cover band. He was such a big part of it (he played keys) that after his passing the band dissolved.

He became interested in motorcycles before he had a drivers license. His 1st bike was a c200 Honda 90, that ultimately wound up with a extended front end (it was the 60's). Ultimately, at one time he owned 3 HD's, a new XR 1100, a flathead 45, and a AMF Sportster.

He and I rode out to L.A. 4 times to a friends house, where we would crash and recuperate for the trip back to Illinois. The 1st trip he rode a Yamaha SR500 one cylinder, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th he rode a HD 45 flathead. He was always up for a ride and I looked up to him enormously.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop here. I'll post a pic of him standing next to his HD 45 somewhere in New Mexico. He was always supposed to be there. But life isn't that way.

I raise my beer to you.

The following 3 users liked this post by roknroll:
CrBear (01-30-2021), Harfar (01-30-2021), kantdo55 (01-30-2021)
Old 01-30-2021, 05:36 AM
roknroll
Road Master

The following users liked this post:
CrBear (01-30-2021)
Old 01-30-2021, 05:48 AM
roknroll
Road Master

I didn't intend to post a pic of my Heritage in this thread ... it just kinda snuck in there.

Another pic of Ray on his HD 45 - somewhere out west. Those were the days.

The following users liked this post:
CrBear (01-30-2021)