In Memory Of... Post a thread in memorial of a loved one. Pictures and thoughts are welcome.

RIP - Mac

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 11:46 PM
cubbear42
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RIP - Mac

My husband, Raymond L McHatton, passed away early Saturday morning, March 13, 2010 in our hometown of Aransas Pass, Texas...

Mac (my nickname for him) or 'Chief Mac' as he was known by so many others was buried Friday, March 19, 2010 in Thomson, Georgia...

Retired 'Chief Mac' (served 25 years as the Fire Chief) - last 'ride' was with one of the Thomson Fire Department Trucks carrying his casket from the Fire Station to the Cemetery where the military (Ft. Gordon, Georgia) took over giving him a military funeral (he served 20 years in the US Army and served a tour of duty in Viet Nam)...

For the past 10 plus years Mac had been riding his '98 Harley 1200C Sportster; '07 Heritage Softail or '09 Harley TriGlide; over 220,000 miles thoughout the USA (including Alaska twice); all of Canada (including Newfoundland); into Mexico all with me (his wife) as his passenger...

Sometimes we were on the road for 4, 5 or 6 months at a time... Such fantastic memories, such a beautiful country...

During the eulogy for Mac these songs were played:

1) I did it My Way - Elvis Presley

2) I've been Everywhere - Hank Snow

3) On the Road Again - Willie Nelson

Such a fantastic person - he'll always be missed by me... RIP...

Old 04-02-2010, 12:31 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

May he R.I.P. and may the LORD be with you and your family in this time of great need!