Ironhead A place to talk about Ironheads.

Need a qualified ironhead engine rebuilder

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 12:28 AM
60panman
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a qualified ironhead engine rebuilder

hey,,,I have a retail shop for 27 years,I got ran over on my motorcycle from behind by a drunk and hit hard at 50 mph ,,dragged 100 feet down the pavement,,,,f*%#d me up...had to close the shop,moved to maine,,,,am lookin for a retail spot as we speak,,, ,but for now just sellin on internet,,and shipping ups daily,,I STOPPED WORKIN ON IRONHEADS ALTOGETHER BOUT 7 YEARS AGO,BECUZ THEY KEEP BREAKIN DOWN,,OLD TECHNOLOGY,,AND CUSTOMERS CANT AFFORD PUTTIN MORE MONEY INTO THE BIKE THEN U CAN SELL IT FOR,,BUTA CUPLE YEARS AGO,A GOOD FRIEND BOUGHT A 77 with a bad engine,,,,I couldnt find an IRONHEAD engine rebuilder,,,so i had an account with vtwin 27 years never tried thier MOTORSHOP,, ,,,cald them they told me around 1500$,,turned out to be $2300,,,anyway,,,the customer had medical problems and then went to jail or sumpin ,,so i had engine sitting on my bench for 1 year and half,,he finally ,,,got his **** 2 gether and had me finsh bike for him ,,i rewired complete bike set up brakes ,,tires etc,,i did all the work got this thing in great shape,,,so i finally put in a dyna 2000i single fireignition cuz the one he had was crap,,,and i got it running GREAT,,,good oil pressure,,,charged great,,,(i put a solid state cycle electric generator on),,,long story short,,,i rode it for 2 test rides aprrox 15 miles each ,,RAN GREAT NO PROBLEMS,,,, customer picked it up,,,and on the way home oil lite came on and it started to make high pitched noise,,i went out with the trailer and picked it up,,,started it and the lite stayed on and it seemed like the engine was tight ,,shut it down QUICK,,,SO THIS BIKE HAD LESS THEN AN HOUR RIDE TIME,,,AND ITS DOWN,,,I AM SO PISSED,,I KNEW THEY SUCKED,,SECOND OF COURSE THEY WONT WARRANTY IT CUZ ITS BEEN SITTING MORE THEN A YEAR WAITIN FOR THE CUSTOMER,,i asked them if they would just look at it and find problem,,i didnt want any thing for free,,they say they dont work on ironheads anymore,,,MY QUESTION.... DOES ANYBODY KNOW A GREAT IRONHEAD ENGINE BUILDER???,,,,OR DO U KNOW ANYBODY UP BY PENNSYLVANIA OR IN MAINE THAT IS GOOD ENUFF TO REPAIR ENGINE,,,I HAVENT EVEN LOOKED AT IT YET I AM SO DISGUSTED,,,I WANA JUMP OFF A FREEKIN CLIFF,,,,,,CAN U HELP ?????????