Ironhead aftermarket parts? - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums

Ironhead A place to talk about Ironheads.

Ironhead aftermarket parts?

P

Old 02-22-2017, 12:53 PM
Elite HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83XLX View Post
The H-D parts book is your friend. Look up the part(s) you want and visit your friendly neighborhood Harley dealer. Some of the old stuff is still available.
Yes. However; when you go to the parts department don't tell them what the parts are for. Just give them the HD part number and ask them to chunk it in their system and see if they have it. If that dealership doesn't have the part, they can do a search and find another dealership who does.

Anytime I've mentioned at the dealership what the part I needed was for, they have all told me that they don't carry parts for bikes that old. What some of those morons don't know is that some parts will work through multiple years. And I suspect they are told to say that to make you buy a new bike anyway.

Several years ago I got a carb part for my ironhead (original Bendix carb)that was not available anywhere else but the dealer. They found it for me at another dealer and had it shipped over. The part must have been in inventory for 30 years.

Cost me $1.75.

carl
The Following User Says Thank You to carlgrover For This Useful Post:
83XLX (02-22-2017)

P