J&M Motorcycle Audio Providing the industry's best motorcycle audio products for 32 years. If you have any questions for J&M, reach out directly to John here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Radio FLASH Made Easy Video

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 02:00 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Harley Radio FLASH Made Easy Video

In this short video we are going to show you some of the Harley radio flash options available, how to properly flash one of the new 2014-2016 Harley Infotainment radios to utilize a non-Harley brand booster amplifier & how these flash options affect the various features of your Harley Infotainment system.

This video also shows how to flash the Harley radio using the Diag4bike digital technician with the J&M AUDIO Custom FLASH option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_MsC1naLYY

Old 12-30-2015, 12:51 AM
mavantix
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Great video! I'm shopping speaker upgrades, and this clears it up somewhat. I have a few questions after watching: Does factory AVC work with either option? Assuming I self installed one of your amp/speaker kits, are there local "dealer locations" that can do the Diag4Bike flash locally? What happens if Harley flashes my bike for something else later on, say to make my passing lamps stay on with high beam, will it erase/overwrite the changes made by the J&M AUDIO Custom FLASH? Thanks John.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:05 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

Mavantrix,,,

Yes ,, AVC control works with either FLASH option ,,,,,

I am not sure about how many locations around the USA at this point are able to provide the diag4bike J&M Audio Custom flash option, but I would contact your dealer, have them watch the video and they may order the Diag4bike stuff for all of their customers ,,,,,

the only way that Harley can override the Diag4bike flash, is to purposely go in and change the speaker configuration again OR perform a manual reset ,,,, both of which are easily reversed with the diag4bike flash again ,,,,

nothing Harley would do with lighting or fuel/air ect would impact the audio/speaker configurations ,,,,,,

Old 12-30-2015, 02:04 PM
mavantix
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the follow up, now to decide if I want 4 or 6 speaker and performance or XX extreme. It is possible to add the speaker lids to an Ultra Limited for 6 speaker, right? You think it's worth it?

Old 12-30-2015, 07:14 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

mavantix ,,,,,

absolutely ,,, that is exactly what I had on my 2014 Ultra LTD and what we just installed on my new 2016 Roadglide Ultra ,,,,,,

6 speaker 500w RMS ROKKER XX Extreme system ,,,, 2 in the fairing, 2 in the rear trunk pods and 2 5X7" ROKKERs in the Harley saddlebag lids with J&M grills all the way around ,,,,,,

Custom kit includes a special 4 speaker Ultra REAR Harness to connect to both the trunk pods and saddlebag lid speakers, also includes a by-pass plug to keep your saddlebag speakers working, even when/if you remove the tail trunk ,,,,,

all plug-n-play ,,,,, it would be a custom order, so give our guys in the sales department a call at the toll free # 1-800-358-0881 and they can put it all together for you ,,,,