Knuckle Head A place to talk about Knuckle Head motors.

Pro Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 10:58 PM
muddmann
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Pro Clutch

Thinking about installing a Rivera Pro Clutch on my Knuckle. Anyone have any experience good or bad with one?

Old 03-24-2017, 05:59 AM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,201 Likes on 5,397 Posts

One of the best upgrades ever. Easy to adjust, reduced lever pull...have run one for 15 years...will never go back to a 10 spring clutch.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:17 AM
johnjzjz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,536 Likes on 2,872 Posts

as what tom said is exactly true - BUT the inner and outer primarys dont align like a later shovel, and IF i said IF the thickness of the clutch unit you are installing, is not the same across as a hat like the original clutch - you wont be able to install the outer primary

i even tried the york diaphram set up and it was too thick

ended up with springs but modded the tedds 2 piece alloy unit 3 nut to a 5 nut and used a 5 post hub, and it keeps it flat and straight for your foot operated clutch

i have a few knuckels in the shop could picture up one with out and one with if you really need to see but you have one -

having said that the green police clutch pack with a ram jet fixes almost everything in a foot clutch

have also used the koleen coated alto one sided clutch pack with great results

whats the issue you never said

Old 04-04-2017, 12:33 AM
muddmann
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by johnjzjz
as what tom said is exactly true - BUT the inner and outer primarys dont align like a later shovel, and IF i said IF the thickness of the clutch unit you are installing, is not the same across as a hat like the original clutch - you wont be able to install the outer primary

i even tried the york diaphram set up and it was too thick

ended up with springs but modded the tedds 2 piece alloy unit 3 nut to a 5 nut and used a 5 post hub, and it keeps it flat and straight for your foot operated clutch

i have a few knuckels in the shop could picture up one with out and one with if you really need to see but you have one -

having said that the green police clutch pack with a ram jet fixes almost everything in a foot clutch

have also used the koleen coated alto one sided clutch pack with great results

whats the issue you never said

Thanks for the input. No issue at all just that a friend has one on his 46 and was saying how much he loves it. So I am thinking about trying one. I have heard that the York set up is the same but less money. I want to run a closed primary, and am changing over to a belt drive.