LiveWire Harley-Davidson's emerging models: HD's first electric motorcycle the LiveWire.

LiveWire Wanna ride Livewire.......it's comin to Clevelend.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 04:20 PM
CRocks
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Wanna ride Livewire.......it's comin to Clevelend.

Project Livewire comin to Cleveland Aug 21, 22, + 23rd. Here's a link to request your testride. http://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-proj...on-17983224308

Old 08-01-2015, 08:34 PM
ZenGlide
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a unique experience. I haven't ridden the HD, but borrowed a Zero Electric for a weekend. I wasn't expecting to be that impressed, but I'm now seriously thinking about buying one. Riding a motorcycle has long been described as feeling similar to flying. Riding an electric bike makes that even more true. I would highly recommend trying an electric if you get the chance. It's a different sensation, but still very cool.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:09 AM
CRocks
Road Master

Mike Davis, owner of Adventure, Rubber City, Mad River + RocknRoll HD told me about this demo 2 weeks ago but registration just became available. He rode the Livewire in Milwaukee + said it's absolutely incredible. On acceleration, the torque is instantanious. Same is true for deceleration. When you roll the throttle on or off, you better do it slowly. He says most of the "incidents" occur right in the parking lot the moment riders mount. There will be a fleet of I believe 10 Livewire's for demo rides. There will also be several static mounts that folks can jump on and ride like a dyno (bikes on rollers). Should be interesting. I'm goin up Fri morning, since I'm retired, I don't wanna take a weekend slot away from the workin folks. IF nothin else, the guitar collections inside are worth the trip up. (Bob Dylan, Stones, Sammy Hagar, Led Zeppelin etc, etc)

Old 08-21-2015, 05:35 PM
CRocks
Road Master

Rode today + it was INCREDIBLE! Did the static test first, then watched a vid, then did a 20 min test ride. Handles like a DREAM! Acceleration instantaneous as is the deceleration. Don't really need to use the brakes, but flashed the back lites so the bikes behind me knew I was stoppin. So kewl not havin to clutch/shift/brake. Even like the the turbine like sound. The forward seating position not friendly to this old body, but probably necessary or the damned thing would flip right over on acceleration. Only other complaint, rear view mirrors were worthless, showed my hands, nothin on either side of me. Overall, ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT, don't miss it if you get the chance to ride one.

The following users liked this post:
hattitude (09-02-2018)
Old 08-21-2015, 06:31 PM
KyleGT
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm scheduled to test ride one at the Milwaukee rally in a couple weeks. Pretty excited.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:56 PM
CRocks
Road Master

When you turn it on, by hitting the run/stop switch, you have 2 mode settings. Choose the power mode for better performance, the other is for increased range. We took 10 bikes out at a time. Remember to tap one of the brakes when you decelerate so your brake lite comes on. Otherwise the bikes behind you won't know you're stopping. Just rollin off the throttle is like throwin out an anchor. You'll love it!

Old 08-23-2018, 10:01 AM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,906 Likes on 3,285 Posts

The obvious question is why wouldn't HD make the brake light come on when heavy deceleration begins? Just another problem to fix before it even gets off the ground.

The following 2 users liked this post by Oldskewl:
shorelasHD (01-07-2019), tar_snake (10-24-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 12:25 PM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ZenGlide
It's a unique experience. I haven't ridden the HD, but borrowed a Zero Electric for a weekend. I wasn't expecting to be that impressed, but I'm now seriously thinking about buying one. Riding a motorcycle has long been described as feeling similar to flying. Riding an electric bike makes that even more true. I would highly recommend trying an electric if you get the chance. It's a different sensation, but still very cool.
Best idea I have heard in a long time.
Doesn't have to be a HD, but one of those readily available and eventually make a comparison on what to possible support in the future.
I think Yamaha makes two bikes with different ranges as an option.
Keep an open mind folks cause HD is playing catch up in this field of batteries in motorcycles.
Rob

Old 08-26-2018, 09:20 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
The obvious question is why wouldn't HD make the brake light come on when heavy deceleration begins? Just another problem to fix before it even gets off the ground.
Why don't they do it to the current ones as well, right?

Old 08-28-2018, 12:39 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,906 Likes on 3,285 Posts

Originally Posted by load97
Why don't they do it to the current ones as well, right?
The current what? Are you talking about all bikes in general? After reading the article you almost don't need a brake because when you let off the gas it immediatly brakes, in other words it doesn't free wheel like a normal bike would. Bet you couldn't push this bike without having power either. It's probably locked up with the battery. Anyway, that was my point. I didn't quite understand yours but maybe we're on the same page.

The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (10-24-2018)

Quick Reply: LiveWire Wanna ride Livewire.......it's comin to Clevelend.