Revolution Max The new Revolution Max forum

Thoughts on The Street Fighter 975

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 09:57 AM
CyGlide
Road Captain
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by K9F
Anyone had a look at the Indian FTR1200s?
Saw one a couple weeks ago at AIMExpo in Vegas. It's pretty sweet. I would consider adding one if I was in the market for that type of bike. I've already decided my next bike is going to be an Adventure bike though.

Old 11-20-2018, 11:41 AM
K9F
Road Master
Received 393 Likes on 252 Posts

The Steetfighter puts me in mind of the Buells of yesteryear. As a daily commute I knock about on a single cylinder KTM390 and love it for it's handling and albeit limited capability. The FTR1200S caught my eye and I too think it is a sweet looking bike with potentially bags of capability. A test ride will determine if I knock the KTM on and replace with the Indian or wait for the Streetfighter perhaps? Indian are onto something with the flat-tracker derivative I think?

Last edited by K9F; 11-20-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:44 PM
Norley
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,397 Likes on 818 Posts

Monster with a different name

Old 11-20-2018, 10:16 PM
ozzie21
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sidthafish
I love the look of this bike and look forward to actually seeing some specs on it. I think the biggest obstacle is going to be pricing. If HD doesn't offer features and tech that are in line with other sport bikes in the price range, it's going to be doomed from the start. And honestly if the FXDR is a sign of things to come, it's not looking good. Based upon what I have read so far it's looking like these might be around the $15k(ish) range. To be competitive, it's going to need ABS, DTC, an OEM chain conversion option (I would like to see this, I know for some it's not a deal breaker), LED lighting (the fact HD is STILL putting incandescent lights on their bikes in freaking 2018 is ridiculous), and whatever gizmos that go on an up-to-date sport bike. If not, for the same price I can get all of that on a Ducati Monster and call it a day.

I'll hope that HD can do this right but right my magic 8-ball doesn't have a favorable outcome based on previous and current experience.
H-D can't just put the H-D badge on these new models an expect the target rider buy them. Models like the Streetfighter need to prove themselves to the younger demographic. They need to race them and win some trophies. Look at what Indian is doing with the different models of the Scout. They are bashing H-D in every face-off and comparison review. H-D discontinued the most reliable and fastest model they ever made (the V-Rod) which was totally stupid. The V-Rod was marketed all wrong and I don't expect much different for these new models.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:28 PM
Stingray702
Road Master
Received 486 Likes on 240 Posts

I'm almost 100% confident this bike will underperform any of it's competition.

That Indian looks awesome.

Old 11-22-2018, 02:20 PM
Warrant
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 288 Posts

This thing still puts a smile on my face every time I go for a ride. Back in 2001 this was a $13K motorcycle, only 82 were made that year. The competition was fierce then and even more so now.
Once again the market will decide what it will accept, I wish HD more luck this time around.

The following 2 users liked this post by Warrant:
2wheelwanderer (03-19-2020), tundra (05-14-2019)
Old 11-22-2018, 03:33 PM
rhino1250
Road Warrior
Received 1,344 Likes on 615 Posts

I think it will do ok

Old 11-28-2018, 08:25 AM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,125 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Originally Posted by ozzie21
......... H-D discontinued the most reliable and fastest model they ever made (the V-Rod) which was totally stupid. The V-Rod was marketed all wrong and I don't expect much different for these new models.
Not only was the V-Rod marketed wrong, HD didn't take advantage of the engine and use it in other platforms. Also add in that dealers (or salesman) I visited when the V-Rod first came out were openly hostile to it. Pretty much the same thing with the Buell. What type of idiot trashes their own product when he has a guy standing there wanting to buy one?

I really hope HD can market the new bikes properly and the dealers will embrace selling them.

Old 11-28-2018, 01:26 PM
cacomly
Road Master
Received 585 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by VAFish
Not only was the V-Rod marketed wrong, HD didn't take advantage of the engine and use it in other platforms. Also add in that dealers (or salesman) I visited when the V-Rod first came out were openly hostile to it. Pretty much the same thing with the Buell. What type of idiot trashes their own product when he has a guy standing there wanting to buy one?

I really hope HD can market the new bikes properly and the dealers will embrace selling them.
That is the key, educating the sales force to accept the new bikes and not try to convince someone to buy something else. Sure, make them aware of the other bikes if the potential customer seems undecided but don't trash one product for the sake of another.

The following users liked this post:
VAFish (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 01:43 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by sidthafish
I love the look of this bike and look forward to actually seeing some specs on it. I think the biggest obstacle is going to be pricing. If HD doesn't offer features and tech that are in line with other sport bikes in the price range....
And if they do offer features similar to other sport bikes will they be accused of copying?

Quick Reply: Thoughts on The Street Fighter 975