LiveWire Harley-Davidson's emerging models: HD's first electric motorcycle the LiveWire.

LiveWire LiveWire Handlebars?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 08:06 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts
Default LiveWire Handlebars?

Do you think the LiveWire will continue the HD tradition of handlebar change? The riding position is way too sportbike for me to consider, however if they are changeable like past dinosaur powered bikes, I may consider one when there eventually is a used market.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:41 PM
XRX
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Do you think the LiveWire will continue the HD tradition of handlebar change? The riding position is way too sportbike for me to consider, however if they are changeable like past dinosaur powered bikes, I may consider one when there eventually is a used market.
What do you mean by "the riding position is way too sportbike for me to consider"?

Proper motorcycle ergonomics have been designed to offer the human body the best control over the motorcycle. Typical "cruiser" ergonomics, with the legs splayed forward and the handlebars raised, with the motorcyclist taking every single road impact straight up the pooper, offer all the control of a gynecologist's exam table.

Old 07-23-2019, 05:10 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by XRX
What do you mean by "the riding position is way too sportbike for me to consider"?

Proper motorcycle ergonomics have been designed to offer the human body the best control over the motorcycle. Typical "cruiser" ergonomics, with the legs splayed forward and the handlebars raised, with the motorcyclist taking every single road impact straight up the pooper, offer all the control of a gynecologist's exam table.
Thanks for your analysis. That wasn’t my question. In case you haven’t noticed, no two human bodies are the same. And handlebars are one of the most commonly changed things about a Harley. Maybe it’s possible adjustment of riding position makes it more comfortable for someone? And I don’t think I mentioned wanting forward controls. But thanks.

No need for you to reply, clearly you know better then I do.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mchad:
IronAss (07-28-2019), RANGER73 (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 05:28 AM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,907 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Plus some of us can't ride in the fetal position due to age and self respect.

The following 2 users liked this post by RANGER73:
IronAss (07-28-2019), Mchad (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 05:40 AM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,907 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Mchad, this guy's a troll. All his posts are negative and derogatory

Old 07-23-2019, 06:27 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by RANGER73
Plus some of us can't ride in the fetal position due to age and self respect.
That’s hysterical. :-)

Thanks. It’s a shame that’s what gives some people satisfaction.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:33 AM
Mchad
Club Member

You know, it’s a shame I’m not quicker at witty responses... Reading it again I missed the perfect opportunity to respond to his statement: “offer all the control of a gynecologist's exam table” with this: “I guess that’s a position you’re familiar with being in?”

Oh well, I had my chance.

The following users liked this post:
HuntWhenever (09-19-2020)
Old 07-23-2019, 11:24 AM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,121 Likes on 1,621 Posts

Kind of tough to tell from the pictures, but it looks like a pretty conventional handlebar set up, and probably the Japanese standard 7/8" bar. I think it will look silly with Ape Hangars, but I think you should be able to put some taller risers or new bars on it to straighten you up a bit.

Last edited by VAFish; 07-23-2019 at 11:26 AM.
Mchad (07-23-2019)
Old 07-28-2019, 02:34 AM
cgaulzetti
Intermediate
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by XRX

dood:

horses for courses man.... i ride an Aprilia RSV4 and a Harley Street Bob. They're both feature perfect, zero compromise ergonomics for what i do with them. the aprilia has clip-ons and rear sets and it's an amazing track bike and wonderful in the canyons and the twisties. i'm pretty tall at 6'3 and am all leg and arms and even though i've got good core strength- my legs get sore on long high way slogs on the Aprilia.

My Street Bob has Lucky Dave's 10" San Diego bars, a Whiplash saddle, and because that seat pushes me back several inches- my foot controls are kinda forward mid. Now the narrow and high handlebars and upright position coupled with the mid controls makes my bike super nimble in town- and perfect to lane split on the highway. it's also comfortable enough to get on for hours and hours and in the city especially now that I raised the rear end up a couple of inches with an RWD shock- this thing can get up on curbs- bang sharp u turns, get out of dodge in a hurry- and i never have to wait behind a row of cars at lights.

you can insult the chopper or club style position all you want- but guess what? it wasn't smart **** internet keyboard warriors who came up with it- nor is it impractical. it came about so hells angels could get scoot around San Franciso, ride at speed, lane split, and get up and down curbs and medians and basically get out of trouble. in todays day and age- i might not be out running johnny law- but i do need to get the hell away from soccer mom on her phoen drinking her latte merging into me on the 805 across two lanes of traffic at 90mph.....and my Street Bob with its narrow and high bars- feet just under me enough that i can still stand up and turn the bike with my hips, and a comfortable seat that works even with a lot of my weight on my ***...works perfectly...... were i to set up a live wire i'd set the bike up the same way as my Street Bob NOT my Aprilia.

Guys- this person doesn't know what the hell he is talking about- yeah i used to be that wise *** that made fun of dudes with ape hangers and told them they liked that position because it reminded them of their favorite activity before they go put on the sex offenders list- standing behind a backstop and holding a fence while watching little girls play little league- but then again i had a better sicker sense of humor than this troll- and my fellow biker buds would laugh while they gave it right back to me....

anyway- to the OP i hope we can put T-bar on the livewire! if i could afford one- i'd get one and do it. thing looks pretty sick.

Mchad (07-28-2019)
Old 03-09-2020, 07:34 PM
emorrisette
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rode the Livewire today. Yeah bars need to be upgradable. for me the bars need to be up and back ~ 1 to 2 inches for my comfort. Riding around town I'm leaning on the bars and my hands got sore. On the highway the wind holds my body up so less pressure on my hands. Pegs are not very wide. Fun to ride.

Quick Reply: LiveWire LiveWire Handlebars?