Long Ride Shields Long Ride Shields maintains the goal of offering high quality custom windshields for owners of Harley Davidson motorcycles.

Does anyone answer the phones at LRS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 08:20 PM
gooberhd1
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Not same company

I have been buying windshields for many years and the customer used to be excellent but it has gone to s**t. Can never get anyone on phone. They must have changed owners or something. Getting real close to buying from someone else.

Old 05-11-2018, 04:16 PM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm close to calling my Credit card company and filing a fraud case. They been telling me for a few days now that order has been shipped but no tracking update on USPS. I even called USPS and they don't have it. Ordered it on 29th of April. Email confirmation from purchase said 3-5 day for production. Been lots longer than that. Very Disappointed in their turn around and customer service.

Old 05-11-2018, 06:39 PM
MadManMitch
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered two shields from them and love them, great quality, but don't try to get ahold of them. I emailed and asked to cancel my order and as you can imagine they didn't respond until it had shipped. It hadn't shipped when I asked to cancel the order but three days later they reply saying it had shipped and couldn't cancel it.

Oh well they have great shields for cheap prices. You can even spin their wheel and get free shipping or money off. I went with a 15" light tint and a 8" dark tint Flat Top Recurve and got them both for under $100. Great shields for low prices and they look better than any on the market.

Old 05-12-2018, 06:31 AM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Never again... Never again. 2 weeks to heat some plastic in a mold and another week to ship it? Hand made? Yeah. That just means they put in the mold without automation. I was a big supporter of this product telling all about the great service and great product. But never again will I buy from this vendor. Never again will I put up with the delays lies and run around from LRS. Made in Nevada? Bull... Why shipped from California? Ordered a month before a trip and wont have product till I get back. Screwed me so Screw them....

Last edited by DamifIknow; 05-12-2018 at 06:32 AM.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:40 AM
rtbuck89
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 138 Posts

My order status has been ready to ship and the usps tracking says a shipping label was created for the past week and a half I think.

The following users liked this post:
DamifIknow (05-12-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 08:21 AM
RK12
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I went through the same ****. Then finally got a hold of the guy and he said it shipped out after I wanted to cancel my order. Well... it didn't ship until a week later and I emailed him his response was sorry our communication as a company is lacking. What total BS. Finally got the thing and I don't like it.

Selling it as I don't even want to bother returning it.

Old 05-23-2018, 03:50 PM
ptl203
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan42
Nope i tried to call and they didn't answer either. you would assume since they are a sponsor on this forum they would read this and pay attention to it. I ordered a freedom shield as well
You would think that to be true... Probably not helping their sales any

Old 07-15-2018, 03:27 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

You guys are impatient, and/or don’t read the information provided. I;got the following message the same day I placed an order on 7/7/18.

‘Thank you for your purchase!

Hi Jeff, we want you to know that we are in the process of preparing your order. The shipping and tracking information associated with your purchase will be provided soon. Although you will shortly receive shipping and tracking information for your purchase, it may not be shipped yet. We do not carry any shields as stock items and make every shield to order. Your order will be made in the order it was received. Once your windshield does ship out of our facility the tracking information will become active and you will be able to see where you order is in transit within 24 hours.”

You can’t plane a small company for not stocking all the possible inventory. If they did....they would cost much more.

Ckicking on the USPS link, I got the following:
” July 9, 2018, 9:53 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
SPARKS, NV 89431
A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 9:53 am on July 9, 2018 in SPARKS, NV 89431. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. “

Its not unusual for a company to preprint all the shipping docs.

But, I’ll update when I receive it.

EDIT: I was curious how a company could survive making aftermarket motorcycle shields, so I did some research. They are a side business of family owned Quality Plastics that does a host of plastic manufacturing including vacuum forming, and injection molding, LRS was cr aged by the son who was a motorcyclist, and wanted a better shield. LRS works out of the same building as Quality Plastics in Sparks Nevada.

http://mythslegendsandtales.blogspot...blog-page.html

Last edited by TriGeezer; 07-15-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:36 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

Received my LRS shield today. So, it was 2 wekscfrom order to delivery. It arrived in perfect condition. Couldn’t ask for better quality.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:52 AM
RK12
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Why order a new one? Go to the for sale section and can find at least half a dozen for sale at half price. Guys put em on and yank them off.

Quick Reply: Does anyone answer the phones at LRS?