Long Ride Shields Long Ride Shields maintains the goal of offering high quality custom windshields for owners of Harley Davidson motorcycles.

For The Love Of God!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 07:14 PM
Advocatus Diaboli
Elite HDF Member

Received 2,771 Likes on 1,113 Posts
Default For The Love Of God!

How does anyone get in touch with LRS? I’ve called; I’ve emailed; I want to return/exchange a windshield, nobody at LRS will respond.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:42 PM
whittaker727
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup. I have the same issue. Might ask the guy who posted rave reviews yesterday.

Old 07-28-2018, 05:16 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Here's the fastest way to keep from being frustrated. Throw the one you have on the classifieds and buy one here:

https://www.clearviewshields.com/

I don't work a "job" to do business with anybody.

The following users liked this post:
Lighteye (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 09:16 AM
Lighteye
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
Here's the fastest way to keep from being frustrated. Throw the one you have on the classifieds and buy one here:

https://www.clearviewshields.com/

I don't work a "job" to do business with anybody.
Nailed it.

This was my first experience ordering with LRS, and they have pretty much ensured it will be my last. Positively awful communication skills, as in none, and a sad business model of over-promise and under-deliver. I feel like I just fell for some huckster's crap at the fair, and am severely disappointed with not just LRS, but also myself for being so stupid as to fall for it. Back to Clearview I go.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:34 AM
RK12
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

There are guys that suck his ***** here no matter what. I don't believe they actually ordered from LRS. Had the same shitty experience and lied to. Called to cancel my order after 4 attempts to find out if it shipped, only answered me AFTER I emailed to cancel my order and said it already shipped. Well another two weeks went by and and no shield. Clearly they are so hand to mouth, they take money, have an automatic email generated saying a ticket has been created for shipping and use our money to finance their business.

I asked what the deal was and he said there were phone isses and ten went on to agree the customer service was lacking. Well evidently it hasn't changed three months later. BTW, put the shield on and damn near blew my glasses off the whole ride. Buffeting worse, ride worse and this was quite a bit taler than stock. How can something engineered in a wind tunnel be worse than a smaller stock shield???? I guess if you order a 24" tall one it may be better LMAO
I call BS on LRS all day long. There are always the *** lickers here that claim there is no better place to spend your money.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:00 AM
Lighteye
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Well....mine finally showed up, but I promise I won't buy another from them for multiple reasons for every reason mentioned prior in this thread.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:32 AM
oldsoldier181
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 12,651 Likes on 4,354 Posts

I ordered from them a few years ago, and never had issues. Sad to see its come to this. I really like their product.

The following users liked this post:
leadman (10-07-2020)
Old 08-17-2018, 07:51 AM
Solospec
Cruiser
Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

I had a great experience with Freedom Shields. Great customer service and product. I called him on a Friday around quitting time and left a message. The owner called me back within around 15 minutes and answered all of my questions. I will definitely be a repeat customer.

Phil

Old 09-07-2018, 11:19 AM
Kingface
Road Master
Received 178 Likes on 131 Posts

Sorry to see these bad reviews. I have nothing but positives. The one on my Road King I bought off a forum member here. The quality and how well it works is top notch. I liked it so much I just ordered a new one for my FatBoy through their Labor Day deal a week and half ago. I got an email stating the pre-shipping info and tracking number the same day I ordered it and I just saw that it's waiting for me on the doorstep when I get home today.
I will say that I didn't have to contact them about anything on this transaction but I did call them a year ago when I had a few questions on fitment. I left a message and they called me back the same day.

And NO.....I do not work for them.....and I certainly don't 'lick their ***' as someone so eloquently stated earlier. Just a happy customer. Hopefully the kinks have been worked out.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:03 AM
tututaka
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I also had a great experience with them. No I don't work for them either. I ordered and received a shield with the curve at the top, all correspondence was done email, never talked to anyone via phone. Installed it the day I got it. Three days later I went for a ride and discovered that the shield had cracked where the horizontal hard ware sandwiched the glass at the right side. I took pictures, sent them to the company along with what I knew about what happened, which was a short note cause I knew squat about how this happened. I waited two days, I had not heard from them so I too a couple more pictures at different angles and sent them also. After two more days I was getting a little agitated and thought this was going to be like pulling your own teeth. After the 6th day I get an email from them stating, without any communication other than my pictures I sent them, that my order had begun production and they would let me know when it ships. It came I switched the hardware and it looks great, and I am a satisfied customer

Quick Reply: For The Love Of God!