Long Ride Shields Long Ride Shields maintains the goal of offering high quality custom windshields for owners of Harley Davidson motorcycles.

We have a new owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 03:34 PM
Het
Banned
Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

I only have a couple hundred miles on my LRS, but I love it. Had it up to 80 mph with no head buffeting whatsoever.

The following users liked this post:
LXT (04-01-2019)
Old 03-30-2019, 09:23 AM
Kingface
Road Master
Received 178 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Flynblind
Nobody said two wrongs make a right, least of all I. But it seems multiple folks miss the mark on what I was saying. I asked a question of LRS, "What is the return/exchange policy?". I received (after a few emails trying to find my order) a response that the order is too old, try to sell it on craig's list.

Repeating this is getting old. And no amount of deflection or misconstruing my comments is going to change this fact.

Never did I receive this (at time of order, upon sending my inquiry, never):

"All Long Ride Shields products are packaged with a clear film that adheres and conforms to the windshield surface. This protects from damage and ensures the purchaser receives a quality product. Upon receiving a windshield, inspect it for satisfactory performance and quality. If the film has not been removed and the rider is unhappy with the windshield for any reason, return it for a full exchange or refund, minus any shipping and handling charges.

In the event that the windshield is sent back with any damage or if the clear film has been removed, a restocking fee of 25% of the purchased price will be applied to the return or exchange. All shipping costs for returns and/or exchanges are the responsibility of the original purchaser of the product.

With your order number on hand, please contact us through phone or email and we will get your return processed.

All returns must be made within 30 days of the original product ship date."

I eventually found this on my own doing a web search.

Again, this isn't a question of me wanting a refund/exchange with no regards to the rules. If they communicated with me in the future, I would not exchange my shield as I will no longer do business directly with them.

The issue I take exception with is the poor customer service response received in return.

I anticipated that I would eat the cost even without knowing the policy. I clearly stated this in an email to LRS. I only wanted to see the return policy which I have found by myself. In hindsight, I should have never communicated directly with them and just used the web to find my answer.
Let.It.Go.

crazytown (04-01-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 04:20 PM
LXT
Road Master
Received 553 Likes on 341 Posts

Really.... they literally said - No we wont take it back & you should try to sell it on craigslist? Cmon man!
secondly - you never read or had the paper with your package stating what their return "rules" are?, Now it seems you have beat the horse dead on your side of the argument but im lost in the fact you bought a product & didn't eyeball the fit within a reasonable time? you removed the shrink wrap cover correct? I don't know what to say really. when I buy something for my bike its like Xmas when it arrives, I almost put that item on same day or atleast within a week....!

Ill tell ya - I like their product, works very well, customer service was really good, delivery was quick - what more could anyone ask for? why not list it for sale as clearly you ordered a shield & it didn't fit your bike, hell most guys would buy it just to have a spare. Good Luck - all I know is this shield is worth it & Id buy again unless something goes really wrong.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:45 PM
JakeC7R
Road Master
Received 323 Likes on 188 Posts

I was going to buy another but their prices have doubled. The sales they used to have were awesome.

BrandonSmith (04-02-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 05:15 PM
maugusta1
Cruiser
Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

I purchased a Ultra wide flat top in October of last year from LRS directly. 75 bucks with 10 bucks shipping. Love the 11” ultra wide flat top. Does the job as stated. Business must be demanding to increase price from 75 bucks to 120 bucks. My customer service was good and receiving of windshield in timely manner.

Old 04-02-2019, 03:33 PM
in2harleys
Advanced
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Flynblind
Nobody said two wrongs make a right, least of all I. But it seems multiple folks miss the mark on what I was saying. I asked a question of LRS, "What is the return/exchange policy?". I received (after a few emails trying to find my order) a response that the order is too old, try to sell it on craig's list.

Repeating this is getting old. And no amount of deflection or misconstruing my comments is going to change this fact.

Never did I receive this (at time of order, upon sending my inquiry, never):

"All Long Ride Shields products are packaged with a clear film that adheres and conforms to the windshield surface. This protects from damage and ensures the purchaser receives a quality product. Upon receiving a windshield, inspect it for satisfactory performance and quality. If the film has not been removed and the rider is unhappy with the windshield for any reason, return it for a full exchange or refund, minus any shipping and handling charges.

In the event that the windshield is sent back with any damage or if the clear film has been removed, a restocking fee of 25% of the purchased price will be applied to the return or exchange. All shipping costs for returns and/or exchanges are the responsibility of the original purchaser of the product.

With your order number on hand, please contact us through phone or email and we will get your return processed.

All returns must be made within 30 days of the original product ship date."

I eventually found this on my own doing a web search.

Again, this isn't a question of me wanting a refund/exchange with no regards to the rules. If they communicated with me in the future, I would not exchange my shield as I will no longer do business directly with them.

The issue I take exception with is the poor customer service response received in return.

I anticipated that I would eat the cost even without knowing the policy. I clearly stated this in an email to LRS. I only wanted to see the return policy which I have found by myself. In hindsight, I should have never communicated directly with them and just used the web to find my answer.
Wow........You admit it is your fault, then why keep harping on about an issue that is your fault? You really need to get over this.......Maybe try to sell your shield on Craigslist or ebay....
Let it go, life will get better.

Old 04-12-2019, 11:27 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,145 Likes on 21,332 Posts

Will continue to support.

Have probably 4 of your product.

All 9's

Same as the size of my handguns

3 of em

Old 04-13-2019, 03:24 PM
Kenbow
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by longrideshields-1
When did you order? The reason I ask is we replaced our entire customer service and marketing teams because that was an issue in the past. We would love to help you and actually expect to hear our customer feedback. If you don't mind, what could we do to help improve your ride and bring you back to our company?

Again, I am sorry our team failed you in the past, and we have replaced that old material with the highest optical quality on the market this month. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Got in contact with Dakota at Long Ride Shields and he took care of the issue by sending me a new shield, it arrived today and looks great, thanks LRS for taking care of it! Happy Riding!

Old 04-25-2019, 05:50 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

I'm looking to change shields. Last year I looked at these shields but it was during the winter so I couldn't try it out so decided to wait til riding season, and now the prices have gone way up, about a third, so I'm still looking. Thats a substantial increase imho.

Old 05-04-2019, 05:36 AM
Thumpher72
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sure hope that this turns your customer service around. I ordered a windshield 14 months after I got it, it started craze cracking around all three mounting holes. The customer service rep was quick about responding to my initial requests. Asked for pictures then went silent. I will not spend any more money with your company nor will I recommend it. But to those that are potential future customers, I wish them and you all the best of luck.

Quick Reply: We have a new owner