Long Ride Shields Long Ride Shields maintains the goal of offering high quality custom windshields for owners of Harley Davidson motorcycles.

We have a new owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 09:45 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts
Default We have a new owner

We are excited to announce that we have new ownership at Long Ride Shields. Welcome, Mack Gardner to the team, a biker to his core, and dedicated to bringing our customers a high-quality product. Stay tuned for a letter from Mack soon, detailing how we are going to improve our overall customer experience and provide a better product for your purchase.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 02-21-2019, 08:55 AM
Kenbow
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Well hopefully it works out for you guys, personally I'm done with your company, a poorly fitting reaper windshield on Street Glide only lasted a week before it started cracking from all three bolt hole. Several unanswered claims to customer service is enough for me to take my business elsewhere.

The following users liked this post:
cruzrtwdgt (03-29-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 11:00 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

When did you order? The reason I ask is we replaced our entire customer service and marketing teams because that was an issue in the past. We would love to help you and actually expect to hear our customer feedback. If you don't mind, what could we do to help improve your ride and bring you back to our company?

Again, I am sorry our team failed you in the past, and we have replaced that old material with the highest optical quality on the market this month. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Old 02-22-2019, 01:22 PM
Flynblind
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That's an interesting reply. While I don't believe that my situation is the same. I too was turned away by customer service, YESTERDAY.

I placed an order in October that was an incorrect shield (my mistake and an honest one) and was told that because I ordered in October and because the protective plastic was "removed", that I could not get an exchange.

To be clear, this was my mistake. However, the reply back was not a "1 on 1 superior customer service" as advertised on the website.

To paraphrase: "You ordered this shield in October (during the off season with no reason to try it on your bike) and you took off the protective plastic (before realizing it isn't the right shield). This means we won't provide you with an exchange. Maybe you can sell it on Craigslist. We know you won't like this but your order is too old".

As stated in my replies to LRS Customer Service: Buyer Beware!

Old 03-01-2019, 12:18 PM
Dan28
Road Master
Received 209 Likes on 153 Posts

Well I've had an Ultra Elite 8" in Dark Tint on my SGS probably about a month after I got the bike. I bought it on Amazon through the Long Ride Shields Amazon store. I may have to replace as had a bit of a wreck and it has some minor scuffs and a slight crack at one of the bolt holes. Its over twice as much now though buying direct vs when I bought it on Amazon and I guess it is no longer offered on Amazon. I really do like the shield, both looks and function.

Old 03-01-2019, 04:21 PM
LXT
Road Master
Received 553 Likes on 341 Posts

Bought mine just a couple weeks ago, customer service was good, shipping & delivery was as stated, fit was spot on. Now I haven't really had a chance to go on a long run with it - but trips are in the works. Ill report back good or bad with a product update.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:44 PM
dports70
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks like you have eliminated the 5 hole shield for us older bike riders from you production line ?

Old 03-15-2019, 04:10 PM
LXT
Road Master
Received 553 Likes on 341 Posts

Well..... did a short 100 mile ride the other day, weather broke & it was 70 degrees here in pa, The LRS did what I wanted it to do - I have the HD wind deflectors (fork mounted) & together they work great, hit the highway & 70 - 80 mph - buffeting was basically gone, it was a windy day so im not sure if some of what I was getting was due to that or if the wind helped negate the buffeting? so..... when a clam day happens Ill give it another go just to confirm.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:45 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 3,012 Posts

It unfortunate that you don't make a sheild for older bikes.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:34 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,340 Likes on 2,199 Posts

Originally Posted by Flynblind
That's an interesting reply. While I don't believe that my situation is the same. I too was turned away by customer service, YESTERDAY.

I placed an order in October that was an incorrect shield (my mistake and an honest one) and was told that because I ordered in October and because the protective plastic was "removed", that I could not get an exchange.

To be clear, this was my mistake. However, the reply back was not a "1 on 1 superior customer service" as advertised on the website.

To paraphrase: "You ordered this shield in October (during the off season with no reason to try it on your bike) and you took off the protective plastic (before realizing it isn't the right shield). This means we won't provide you with an exchange. Maybe you can sell it on Craigslist. We know you won't like this but your order is too old".

As stated in my replies to LRS Customer Service: Buyer Beware!

So lets understand this... You buy something 6 months ago, remove the protection and you want a refund. Really? BTW, I found these guys to be good vendors and good luck with your endeavors.

The following users liked this post:
PFWiz (04-02-2019)

Quick Reply: We have a new owner