Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Members Meeting Members (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/members-meeting-members-68/)
-   -   Arizona rider looking for other AZ riders to ride with... (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/members-meeting-members/1185230-arizona-rider-looking-for-other-az-riders-to-ride-with.html)

BMOTOXSTAR 07-01-2017 12:13 AM

Arizona rider looking for other AZ riders to ride with...

Hi,
I am a transplant from Cleveland living in Surprise AZ. Been here 3 years and have not yet met a group of riders to ride with here in AZ. I have tried meetup.com, hanging at the local bars, I have a 98' Ultra so the local HOG Chapter is out of the question,dealer will not even service my bike. I am not military nor do I have any relatives that are so the VFW or any such clubs like that will not welcome me. I am not LE so cop groups....the same.Maybe BACA is my only option?
So, any members that live in the Phoenix area please message me if you know of any riding groups or would like to invite a fellow rider out for a ride please message me or post.
It is nice to take a ride by yourself. However, no man is an island and I have been riding so much out here in the desert solo that it is starting to really suck....
Thanks & I hope there is some AZ riders here that will provide some info or invite me along for a ride....:icon_santawaving:

captbob 07-01-2017 04:59 AM

BMOTOXSTAR, Why is the HOG Chapter out of the question? You own a Harley and it is a HOG Chapter. I can't imagine that the local chapter would exclude you from their events even though your from the Midwest:icon_snowman: Just kidding. I am a Western transplant living in the South and have yet to fully adapt to the culture after living here more than half of my life. I still miss the West and ride/fly out there when I need a Western fix. BTW, who cares if the stealership which caters to RUBS and apparently will only work on garage queens? You can do most of your own work and what you can't do can be done by a competent Indy who understands motorcycles unlike some of the pimply-faced recent high-school graduates that would be learning on your bike.

nobodyknowsme 07-01-2017 07:35 AM

If you are determined to ride with a group for whatever reason (too many reasons not to) I would suggest getting involved with the PGR. A very worthwhile cause and can meet some very nice people. And there is zero commitment so you ride/participate when you want to.

BMOTOXSTAR 07-01-2017 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme (Post 16391372)
If you are determined to ride with a group for whatever reason (too many reasons not to) I would suggest getting involved with the PGR. A very worthwhile cause and can meet some very nice people. And there is zero commitment so you ride/participate when you want to.

Who is PGR & where do I find them?

BMOTOXSTAR 07-01-2017 10:20 AM

I was thinking that the HOG Chapter had bike age restrictions like the service dept at the dealership. They seem to be centered around what the dealership does. I have a 98' ...so I figured my bike was to old for HOG membership.

BMOTOXSTAR 07-01-2017 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme (Post 16391372)

Found PGR, I don't know if riding to funerals is my thing. Yeah....thanks though.

azthunt 07-01-2017 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by BMOTOXSTAR (Post 16390877)
Hi,
I am a transplant from Cleveland living in Surprise AZ. Been here 3 years and have not yet met a group of riders to ride with here in AZ. I have tried meetup.com, hanging at the local bars, I have a 98' Ultra so the local HOG Chapter is out of the question,dealer will not even service my bike. I am not military nor do I have any relatives that are so the VFW or any such clubs like that will not welcome me. I am not LE so cop groups....the same.Maybe BACA is my only option?
So, any members that live in the Phoenix area please message me if you know of any riding groups or would like to invite a fellow rider out for a ride please message me or post.
It is nice to take a ride by yourself. However, no man is an island and I have been riding so much out here in the desert solo that it is starting to really suck....
Thanks & I hope there is some AZ riders here that will provide some info or invite me along for a ride....:icon_santawaving:

I live in Phoenix and am also a transplant from the Cleveland area, although it's been 20 years. I still go back there several times a year.I would be down with getting together to do some riding in a few weeks. Unfortunately, I dumped my bike and broke my ankle about a month ago and won't be healed up enough to ride till then. PM me if you are interested.

Uncle Peepers 07-01-2017 12:02 PM

I'm from Columbus, and I live in Gold Canyon (east of Phoenix) about 7 months out of the year. I'll send you a PM when I'm there. I haven't been to Surprise in quite awhile, and this would be a good reason to go.

ScottinAZ 07-01-2017 06:01 PM

Im a member of the East Valley Chapter of HOG out of Desert Wind HD in Mesa. I ride a 95 Sportster, and have had NO ISSUES with the bike being too old for anything. Its a bit of a ride, but we would gladly welcome you out in this neck of the woods.

NORTY FLATZ 07-01-2017 06:16 PM

You all got some fires still going, out that way?