Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

NE FLA - The Rooster is open again!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 05:58 PM
JaxHarleyRdr
Club Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1of2
Maybe in a couple weeks. What do you think Eddie? Want to meet there for a couple cold ones one of these weekends? I might even be able to talk Paul and Walt into riding out there with me.

Sure I am always lookin for an excuse to have to ride lol

Old 08-16-2008, 10:21 AM
mrghos
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony P
Yea, yea... You ditched this Hellion this past weekend... lmao
Come on Houdini. I had to hang with parental unit. They get the ******* if their baby boy is this close to them and they dont get to see me. LOL!

Old 08-16-2008, 10:24 AM
mrghos
Road Master

Originally Posted by Scooter Wench
Don't let the lack of a bike stop you! It doesn't stop anyone else! LOL Make sure you say hi if you spot me. If you need a photo to refer to you can go to my profile, I have a couple on there so you can put a face with a name. Looking forward to meeting you!
Karen, I will make sure I find you when I come to the rooster at some point. I have a sig pic so you can spot me but I cant get the dang thing to show up at the bottom of my posts anymore.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:42 PM
JaxHarleyRdr
Club Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I was at the rooster last night had my first beer in 5 months man was it good

Old 08-17-2008, 07:53 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am sooooo happy that Rooster is back in the swing of things. It has been a while since I have checked the beer temperatures there.

I keep an eye on my emails from FirstCoast Riders (thanks Karen), and folks from Meet-up have mentioned a run before too.

Dale, Walt, and I have a blast when we can get our paths to cross. I have been slammed at work, and I am spending a lot of local time with Patti (wife) with her NEW riding experiences on her scoot. Throw in those nasty summer storms, and I haven't ventured too far on the very few solo rides I've had.

Very MUCH looking forward to catching up with you guys just to the north of me! I HOPE you guys will consider attending our get together in Ocala in November!!!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JaxFatBoy
I was at the rooster last night had my first beer in 5 months man was it good

What? And you didn't introduce yourself??????

Were you there for the wet tee shirt contest?

Wait, nevermind, I see when you wrote this now. You were there Friday night. I wasn't there that night. Decided to take a break before the big party yesterday.

Old 08-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mrghos
Karen, I will make sure I find you when I come to the rooster at some point. I have a sig pic so you can spot me but I cant get the dang thing to show up at the bottom of my posts anymore.
Okay you are going to have to find me since I can't tell what you look like under that helmet and sunglasses! LOL

Old 08-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
I am sooooo happy that Rooster is back in the swing of things. It has been a while since I have checked the beer temperatures there.

I keep an eye on my emails from FirstCoast Riders (thanks Karen), and folks from Meet-up have mentioned a run before too.
You're welcome darlin! Hope the site is informational for you. I spoke with the rep from Dixie Biker last night and he and I are going to keep each other posted on local happenings so we can keep our respective media up to date.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:30 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

I left yesterday with a friend of mine yesterday to go check it out. We left at about 12:30 and figured if the weather held out we could blast up I95 and make it there for the band at 2:00. No such luck. We got just past Daytona and it started downpouring. It was raining so hard we had to pull off under an overpass. There were about 6 other bikes there waiting also. once the rain slowed a little we figured if we could make it another couple miles to Destination Daytona we could wait out the rain with a hot dog and a cold beer. while eating my Hot dog I called Eddie and Paul to see if they wanted to go too. I had to leave a message for Eddie but it turned out the Paul was at DD too eating lunch at the restaurant. He came over and had a beer with us and decided to ride up to the Rooster too. We hit I95 again and sure enough it started to pour again. We had to stop briefly at another overpass but kept riding through the rain and eventually made it there at about 4:30. The Rooster was a cool place and the band was great but there wasn't as many people there as I expected. I guess it was because of the rain but I figured if I rode 100 miles in the rain to get there they should have been able to make it too.
The worst part was that Karen and Eddie were not there. Maybe next time we can plan it better. On the ride home we took US1 most of the way then blasted down 11 with only light rain. It was a great day and an awesome ride. I'm glad I went with the guys I did and not someone who would have wanted to turn back after it started to rain. Thanks for pointing this place out to me. It is a cool place and I'm sure I will be back there again.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:53 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was there Saturday. Had a good time. Saw some old faces and met a few new. I'm glad it's back in business.

Quick Reply: NE FLA - The Rooster is open again!!!!