Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

NE FLA - The Rooster is open again!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NE FLA - The Rooster is open again!!!!

I am happy.........no, I am thrilled to announce that as of last Friday, The Rooster opened it's doors again. It is now called The Bayard Rooster and the new owners have done a wonderful job getting the place back in shape and have some great plans to make it even better. They will be bringing back steak night on Friday night and making that a bike night as well. They are going to put a burn out pit and horseshoes out back. They plan on installing a pole and having pole dancing lessons for those ladies interested in learning how to torment their husbands/boyfriends/lovers or just men in general. I'm sure it will get quite the workout on weekends as well! They are also going to put misting machines around the band/patio area to help keep that area cool and comfortable during our miserably hot summers.

Not sure when they are doing their formal grand opening party but when I hear the details I will post them here. So far they have just been letting it be known they are open by word of mouth and the news has been spreading like wildfire. I rode up there on Sunday after getting back in town and it was just like old times. The front and back was loaded with bikes and bikers, the tunes were loud and the beer was flowing. It is so good to have it back again.

Hope to see you all up there!

Old 08-08-2008, 09:52 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be there. I hope to meet you one of these weekends.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:43 AM
mduggan
Cruiser

I rode by there Wednesday on the way to the Avenues and was surprised to see bikes all around the joint. Hope to be there this weekend. I wasn't really impressed with the Redneck Yacht Club up in Yulee. Everything else is just a restaurant with a "bike night."

Old 08-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

That place sounds great! Almost worth a 400 mile trip to see it!

Old 08-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

It's really a great place. The official grand opening is this coming Saturday, the 16th. All the classic biker games, bands, etc. I can guarantee a VERY good time will be had by all!!!!!

Old 08-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

I was there this past weekend. Met the new owners Ken and Jennifer - nice people. They still have some work to do, but it's coming along. Sunday evening we were the only thing between them and the door. Needless to say, I'm glad I wasn't on the bike...

Old 08-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

Sunday afternoon is probably their busiest time. Once it gets into the evening, everyone is heading home to recuperate from the weekend and get ready for the work week. At least those of us who have jobs!!! :-/

Ken and Jennifer are great people. They and Shea have really been busting their asses to get the place back in shape and make it even better than it was before.

Hope to see you up there sometime!

Old 08-12-2008, 01:22 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Karen, do you have some directions to this place? I might be about ready for a little mini road trip one Sunday afternoon.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:12 PM
JaxHarleyRdr
Club Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Dale it is on US 1 in Bayard Just south of Jax

Old 08-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter Wench
Sunday afternoon is probably their busiest time. Once it gets into the evening, everyone is heading home to recuperate from the weekend and get ready for the work week. At least those of us who have jobs!!! :-/

Ken and Jennifer are great people. They and Shea have really been busting their asses to get the place back in shape and make it even better than it was before.

Hope to see you up there sometime!
Since I live in the Atlanta area, I had Monday off - meaning I was sleeping-in before heading back. I'm too old to party like that and go to work the next morning... lol

Sorry I missed you! Maybe next time...

Quick Reply: NE FLA - The Rooster is open again!!!!