Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Ride from Laidlaws to El Cajon Harley

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Matt8643
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride from Laidlaws to El Cajon Harley

Well, Primo put a ride together for those of us who live in the LA/IE area of Southern California that started at Laidlaws in Baldwin Park and went down to El Cajon HD near San Diego. To summarize it was a great ride!

Primo (Jim), myself (Matt), CarmellRKC (Rob), Bubba (Steve) and UJ034 (Jay) met up at a large sale event complete with vendors at Laidlaws HD about 9:00am Saturday morning. We did some shopping and then some photographer who was taking photos for a national catalog (HD catalog?-Jim can elaborate more) spotted Jim's SG and asked if it could be photographed for the catalog. While Rob and I were watching the photos being taken, Rob ran into Jay, who just happened to be there for the sale. We asked Jay to join us on the ride, but he had to work that day so he was unable to make it. After the catalog people were done with Jim's ride we took a group photo and headed down to El Cajon.

It was beautiful day for a ride. I figure it was about 75 degrees or so and sunny the whole day. We rode down through the Lake Elsinore/Temecula Valley area south towards the San Diego on the 15 fwy. The ride was longer than I thought (about 145 miles) and I swear I thought we were going to end up in Mexico we headed so far south! Anyways we eventually got onto the 8 fwy east and got off in El Cajon.

The dealership was right off the fwy and they had about 5 rows of bikes parked in the street right in front of the dealership. We arrived for about the last hour of the event and there were maybe 75 bikes there. They had live music and free food and soda. The BBQ beef sandwiches and potato salad were excellent, or we were just really hungry after the long ride, either way we all agreed the food was good. We met Ultrascoot (Bruce) there. He had ridden down with his MC-The Black Sheep. We all shopped, hung out, BS'd and smoked cigars. It was a good day to meet, ride and enjoy each others company.

We decided to head back about 3:00pm. The ride back was just as nice with a little traffic congestion here and there. We stopped and took a break in Temecula and said our goodbyes as Rob had to split off from the group a few miles ahead. These were a good group of guys that I would ride with again in a minute and will definitely ride with again in the future. Anybody interested riding with Primo and the gang can look at Primo's Joshua Tree ride post in the Pacific Region ride section.

The people in the picture are from Left to right: Steve, Jim, Rob (on his RK), Jay and me.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2563/62E9FC4DAA4D4027BAFB3C74B6F1595D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-09-2006, 10:23 PM
Carmell RKC
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Ride from Laidiaws to El Cajon Harley

It was indeed a fine day Matt, Im glad you were able to join us for the ride. I will look forward to our next run, hopefully it will be sooner than later, Rob.

Old 04-09-2006, 11:19 PM
uj034
Tourer

Nice to met you guys. Will ride soon. Hopefully to Joshua Tree.(without Speedin' tickets)

Take care,
Jay.

Old 04-09-2006, 11:51 PM
BUBBA
Tourer

Had a great time as always
Lets plan a trip to the Grand Canyon

Old 04-10-2006, 12:07 AM
Matt8643
Road Captain

Man, a trip to the Grand Canyon would be awesome!

Old 04-10-2006, 01:00 AM
Carmell RKC
Road Captain

Im in for that one, never been, lets plan it.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:08 AM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Matt8643

Man, a trip to the Grand Canyon would be awesome!
Yeah, but can we be back by dark?

I'm in. Got tons of vacation time waiting to be burned.

Thanks for a great day yesterday guys. I'm sure Rob beat me by a bunch but I logged 288 miles total yesterday.

Primo

Old 04-10-2006, 04:27 AM
Matt8643
Road Captain

Hey Primo-
When I pulled into my garage, my tripometer read EXACTLY 288 miles-how weird is that! And if you or Bubba or anyone else is really interested in trying to put together a trip to the Grand Canyon, I would definitetly be up for it. I have a ton of vacatation time I could use.

See what you started Steve!

Old 04-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Carmell RKC
Road Captain

So how do we get this going ?? Im excited now. We are a little harder because of reserving the grandparents to watch the kids but it is doable with an advance plan. Im sure it is HOT in the summer which is June so do we go for in the next couple months or in the fall. My idea is that we have grandma & grandpa already reserved for June 1-4 with time off already scheduled for a trip to Napa, but would definately be interested in diverting the course if it fits everyones schedule. LMK its just a thought, Rob.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:43 PM
UltraScoot
Road Captain

Hey guys it was nice to see all again, our group headed on up to Julian for a little apple pie and site seeing and even saw snow[8D]. Got back in about 8:30pm; road just over 400 miles and loved every bit of it.

As for the Grand Canyon; that would be fun…[sm=goodidea.gif]

Quick Reply: Ride from Laidlaws to El Cajon Harley