Sponsored by:

M8 problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 07:10 PM
Steve Helton
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Glyder54
They give you any grief for using non HD slipons?
No never said a thing about the TAB slipons.

Old 10-04-2016, 04:20 PM
StevieRay59
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts

Bikes been in shop since Sept 19th. Waiting on new engine install. Bad oil pump was problem. Still waiting so yea, Huston we have a big problem
Just want to ride tired of waiting.

Attached Thumbnails M8  problems-img_0141-09.jpg  

Last edited by StevieRay59; 10-04-2016 at 04:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bigiron (10-12-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 01:50 PM
ChrisHo
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4,308 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Not a problem but an observation, my 17 Road King's left exhaust exit point is definitely darker than the right side which looks nearly clean. With my boxer and even my older BMW K I used to have I could excuse it to cylinder arrangement and being on kick stand.

With the RK all I have is the kick stand, the cylinders are vertical so I wonder whats up

ocezam (10-08-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Just Nick
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
I have a a collection of contemporary H-D's which include all the families of models with engines from the EVO and TC-s from 88's to 120's and 883's,1200's and the 1250/750 Revolution engines. I don't look at these bikes I ride them. did 42K+ last year and am at 34K so far this year.

I just finished 1,200 miles on my 17 Road Glide S with stage 1 mods. My butt sensor has over 60 years of motorcycle riding in it and more than 70 bikes from a Norton, most metrics, Ural, Buell and 27 H-Ds with 22 still my my garage.

The M8 is the most analysed and researched bike H'D ever did. They used over 1000 owners world wide in a focus group, online survey's along with 1.5 million miles of testing since 2005.

The Stage 1 M8 out pulls my 12 and 16 RG CVO's without question. The 12 RG CVO was the most potent stock 110 H-D ever produced with 10.12 compression and 122 ft lbs of torque at the crank. Other touring 110's were/are 115 ft. lbs. of torque.

The 17 out rides,out tracks, out brakes and out pulls everything except the V Rod, 110 Dyna S and my Street Bob with a 120R.

Of course it is only my opinion and butt sensor that claims this. I will stake my cred that the the 17 touring is the best H-D ever and is a world class touring machine. I had a 6 cylinder 118 hp Honda Rune which was touted as Honda's example of their styling and engineering prowess. I dumped that sucker in 1 year. I have had many miles of seat time on a RT1200T touring BMW. No thanks.

Just read the story in this issue of Baggers about the M8.

You are joking right the m8 has only been in existence for 15 months before it was released to the public and no ware near 1.5m miles of testing. I don't know where you come up with this crap but that is all it is crap. 15 months the least amount of time any engine Harley has produced being tested, HD used to test for 4 years but not on this engine 15 months. I can pick apart your entire post but don't have the time to you are way off in everything you spew

Last edited by Just Nick; 10-07-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Greezey Rider (12-25-2018)
Old 10-07-2016, 03:21 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 6,656 Likes on 3,223 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Nick
You are joking right the m8 has only been in existence for 15 months before it was released to the public and no ware near 1.5m miles of testing. I don't know where you come up with this crap but that is all it is crap. 15 months the least amount of time any engine Harley has produced being tested, HD used to test for 4 years but not on this engine 15 months. I can pick apart your entire post but don't have the time to you are way off in everything you spew
No joke at all, he actually believes all the bullshit he posts and expects others to believe it as well. FIGJAM is what his tags should read.

Old 10-07-2016, 03:30 PM
MysticPurple
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHo
Not a problem but an observation, my 17 Road King's left exhaust exit point is definitely darker than the right side which looks nearly clean. With my boxer and even my older BMW K I used to have I could excuse it to cylinder arrangement and being on kick stand.

With the RK all I have is the kick stand, the cylinders are vertical so I wonder whats up
I don't think it's a problem, most of the exhaust flow goes out the right side, so I think it would be normal to have a little more soot on the left side as it's not as high flowing on that side. I noticed the difference when starting it on 40 deg mornings when heading off to work. You can see much more exhaust on the right side and I held my hand in Front of each pipe and could also feel quite a difference. Less flow on the left. Slightly more soot build up.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:28 PM
JONNIEROCK
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 73 Posts

All I know is that Harley has decided to reduce the amount of R & D time to save money. I feel exactly the same way ! In development for 11 yrs. since 2005 ! really ! I don't thinks so.
Jonnierock

Last edited by JONNIEROCK; 10-07-2016 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:53 PM
ChrisHo
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4,308 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by MysticPurple
I don't think it's a problem, most of the exhaust flow goes out the right side, so I think it would be normal to have a little more soot on the left side as it's not as high flowing on that side. I noticed the difference when starting it on 40 deg mornings when heading off to work. You can see much more exhaust on the right side and I held my hand in Front of each pipe and could also feel quite a difference. Less flow on the left. Slightly more soot build up.
Yeah after looking at the crossover underneath I was of the opinion that anything out that pipe would always occur on the right side as well. So if the right is clean the bike is fine

Old 10-08-2016, 07:09 PM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHo
Not a problem but an observation, my 17 Road King's left exhaust exit point is definitely darker than the right side which looks nearly clean. With my boxer and even my older BMW K I used to have I could excuse it to cylinder arrangement and being on kick stand. With the RK all I have is the kick stand, the cylinders are vertical so I wonder whats up
My street glide is the same. Dark left side muffler. Right side looks almost new.

Old 10-10-2016, 01:51 PM
cruisinmann
Road Warrior
Received 1,807 Likes on 627 Posts

No actually he's right in motorcycle.com its right in the article
“The cure was worse than the disease, putting the adjustment in caused you to have more adjustments.” said Bozmoski, “It was the thing that wore the most.” So, once the valve lash is set at the factory, no adjustment will be required for the life of the engine. Bozmoski stresses, ”After one and a half million miles and over 7,000 hours of accelerated dyno durability, you don’t see any of them needing an adjustment. They wear together.”

I seen the same thing

The following 3 users liked this post by cruisinmann:
RBWIDE (04-16-2017), SS Twin (04-23-2017), TenMidgets (04-08-2018)

Quick Reply: M8 problems