Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M8 problems

Old 10-23-2017, 06:06 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

If its any consolation to you woes. Though there are some brands that are 100% more reliable than HD, the ore 2017 ar allwin ers in my book (;

The following users liked this post:
Oldpanrider (12-09-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 06:29 PM
Timberwolf2017
Road Captain
Received 251 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by splattttttt
If its any consolation to you woes. Though there are some brands that are 100% more reliable than HD, the ore 2017 ar allwin ers in my book (;

I loved my 2017 Limited, until all the issues with no fixes or any idea how many bikes had/would have issues. When a company cannot tell you what is wrong or how to fix it, I want nothing to do with that, and this after a year to figure it out. Instead, they are throwing parts at the issues hoping something will work, instead of figuring out what is wrong. HD has no clue what is causing these issues and they don't seem interested in figuring it out either.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:28 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Timberwolf2017
I loved my 2017 Limited, until all the issues with no fixes or any idea how many bikes had/would have issues. When a company cannot tell you what is wrong or how to fix it, I want nothing to do with that, and this after a year to figure it out. Instead, they are throwing parts at the issues hoping something will work, instead of figuring out what is wrong. HD has no clue what is causing these issues and they don't seem interested in figuring it out either.
The thing is, the MoCo's "engineers" have been designing defects into their products for as long as I can remember (and I'm nearly 70 now). Their engineers are the problem, you can hardly expect them to be the "solution" too.

Sooner or later they'll most likely be blaming the customers or the vendors for all the M8 issues and defects. Just SOP at ye olde MoCo.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:32 AM
yankees1996
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jpooch00
The thing is, the MoCo's "engineers" have been designing defects into their products for as long as I can remember (and I'm nearly 70 now). Their engineers are the problem, you can hardly expect them to be the "solution" too.

Sooner or later they'll most likely be blaming the customers or the vendors for all the M8 issues and defects. Just SOP at ye olde MoCo.
Your analysis mirrors the same problem we have here in Illinois with the politicians !!

Old 10-24-2017, 07:41 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by yankees1996
Your analysis mirrors the same problem we have here in Illinois with the politicians !!
Roger that, Bro. Sadly, some things never change!

Old 10-24-2017, 11:09 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by jpooch00

Oh I’m sure the moco knows how to fix the problem, And I bet they have came across this issue numerous times before they put the engine into production,
They also know what it’s going to cost to fix it, AND ITS HUGE. !!!!!!!!.
Make no mistake these ******** are going to fix you engine at the cheapest possible cost to them or wait till you get pissed enough to get rid of it ya self.
I had my first experience with the repairs department on my sporty at the moco and wasn’t impressed with their fix. I’m done with them as a customer.

Id be doing what my mate did in Australia , made a big lemon out of cardboard and yellow paint. Is wife made him lunch and drinks for the day and he sat outside the dealership. After he had a small crowd talking to him, The dealership replaced his defective bike.

Wiz

Old 10-24-2017, 12:03 PM
sumncguy
Road Warrior

Received 213 Likes on 128 Posts

Not sure where it's going to go but got 2 trades on the hook.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:59 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

One thing to consider is that when sales are don. Big Co’s need to establish losses to ballance revenue for share holders

Old 10-24-2017, 01:03 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,218 Likes on 3,603 Posts

Originally Posted by Wizardofaus
Oh I’m sure the moco knows how to fix the problem, And I bet they have came across this issue numerous times before they put the engine into production,
They also know what it’s going to cost to fix it, AND ITS HUGE. !!!!!!!!.
Make no mistake these ******** are going to fix you engine at the cheapest possible cost to them or wait till you get pissed enough to get rid of it ya self.
I had my first experience with the repairs department on my sporty at the moco and wasn’t impressed with their fix. I’m done with them as a customer.

Id be doing what my mate did in Australia , made a big lemon out of cardboard and yellow paint. Is wife made him lunch and drinks for the day and he sat outside the dealership. After he had a small crowd talking to him, The dealership replaced his defective bike.

Wiz
Did he wear the lemon?

Old 10-24-2017, 06:02 PM
Breakout110
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I love my bike but my Twin Cam was no better. Did the Stage 4/5 or whatever level they call it now. The Crank went bad so I had to pony up for a real motor. They should have just used the V-Rod motor instead of the M8.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: M8 problems