Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 09:10 PM
RiggerWings
Cruiser

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Threw some 12” KST Kustoms Renegade bars on my RGS today. Wires were a PITA. Mainly the throttle-by-wire part. One 90° angle and one that’s probably 110° Or so made for a long day for the install.

They feel great though. Look great. Only 2-3” taller than stock but the wrist angle is better and it keeps my back more upright. If it’s warm tomorrow I’ll go for a spin and see how I like em!

Last edited by RiggerWings; 01-05-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:06 AM
dcfatboy
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Added SE Stage I and Harley LED Layback Tail light. Also had a free dyno tune run performed.

4th Gear Pulls

Last edited by dcfatboy; 01-06-2019 at 12:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dark lo (04-24-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 04:46 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Got an update and Harley is replacing my fogged up radio. Only issue is now I have to leave the bike there so they can pull the fairing and get the serial number off the current radio before they can order the new one. Nice weather and a ride planned tomorrow but the forecast lucks pretty sucky for the rest of the week so no biggie.

This is from Christmas day and it was already clearing up after thirty miles or so. The whole screen actually fogs up. If you look closely in the center fog part you can see what is some kind of crack behind the screen.

Last edited by tnriverluver; 01-07-2019 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:10 PM
Cazador
Received 3,323 Likes on 1,853 Posts

I had my air cleaner cover wrapped in carbon fiber along with my dash and fairing skirt. I have to schedule a time to get the cow bells done. I also changed out the chrome mufflers to black. I am waiting for delivery of the black heat shields.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:13 PM
Cazador

I also completed the mods to the air cleaner. Opened up the bottom for more air flow.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:11 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,505 Likes on 4,415 Posts

Originally Posted by Cazador

I also completed the mods to the air cleaner. Opened up the bottom for more air flow.
just thinking out loud here and wondering if that really improves or compromises air flow from OEM design, in that the forced air swirls into, up and around the entire air filter by design, and modifying it in the way you did renders that function irrelevant...that being said maybe it's a wash, or maybe it's better...like I mentioned, just a thought

Old 01-09-2019, 05:29 AM
jlombard
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

I thing of putting a heat shield behind the air cleaner box, get some of the heat off motor wil being cooler. open up the bottom will help get rid of some heat. don't know about if it will give more air but it couldn't hurt. my 2 cents.

Old 01-10-2019, 04:57 AM
Cazador

Originally Posted by mjwebb
just thinking out loud here and wondering if that really improves or compromises air flow from OEM design, in that the forced air swirls into, up and around the entire air filter by design, and modifying it in the way you did renders that function irrelevant...that being said maybe it's a wash, or maybe it's better...like I mentioned, just a thought
If you look at the Screaming eagle cover it's open on the front and bottom. I am talking about the one that is similar looking to the one in my picture. There's also several filters that are open all the way around.
I wondered about the effects of removing the plastic from the inside. I wondered if the MOCO actually did some air flow design. After looking at the scoop on the inside bottom. It looked like it was to direct air to the bottom and back of the filter. The bad part was that the bottom of my filter was clogged with oil. No air going into it anyway. Now I have run the vent tube out of the bottom to under the frame

Old 01-10-2019, 07:40 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,505 Likes on 4,415 Posts

Originally Posted by Cazador
If you look at the Screaming eagle cover it's open on the front and bottom. I am talking about the one that is similar looking to the one in my picture. There's also several filters that are open all the way around.
I wondered about the effects of removing the plastic from the inside. I wondered if the MOCO actually did some air flow design. After looking at the scoop on the inside bottom. It looked like it was to direct air to the bottom and back of the filter. The bad part was that the bottom of my filter was clogged with oil. No air going into it anyway. Now I have run the vent tube out of the bottom to under the frame
yeah, those are what we have on our bikes, they have twice the surface area and more porous so plenty of forced air directly feeding the TB. I was just thinking that with the modified cutaway on the bottom of the OEM AC the direct forced air would exit the AC there instead of being contained with velocity that allows it to swirl around..but it's just a perception on my part I guess, right or wrong

Old 01-10-2019, 06:18 PM
Cazador

Originally Posted by mjwebb
yeah, those are what we have on our bikes, they have twice the surface area and more porous so plenty of forced air directly feeding the TB. I was just thinking that with the modified cutaway on the bottom of the OEM AC the direct forced air would exit the AC there instead of being contained with velocity that allows it to swirl around..but it's just a perception on my part I guess, right or wrong
Interesting topic.
On the Limited the vents in the lowers looks to feed air directly to the intake. I am not sure about swirling air in the ac or if that matters. It's not swirling after it goes through the filter. I figure vacuum is pulling air in. It would be interesting to see the results on a dyno sheet.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?