Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 12:30 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,474 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Took mine in for the 12.500 mile service sat. The guy checking me in said: "Oh there's a recall on your bike, want us to take care of that for you today while you're here?"

I said you mean the clutch recall? Then I explained to him that I'd been on a waiting list since Oct. Not once did you guys call me saying hey, we have some parts in and want to get you in to get this done.

I hate my dealership. To top it off, the work took about 2 hours. No big deal.....but then they wash the bikes before they're "done" and that was another 2 hours! There were 3 bikes ahead of me....when mine finally got pulled into the wash bay, the guy soaped it up, rinsed it off, and then blew the water off. He then proceeded to talk to some girls, and disappear for several times Each time he came back, he did nothing to my bike.

I went in and asked about it, and the guy said oh we'll get yours done shortly. I said its been sitting in the wash bay for 45 min. I walked out.....watched the guy washing my bike disappear again, waited another 20 min, then went back in and told the guy to pull my bike out, I was done waiting.

While I was in there earlier, I asked about my tire wear since I'll be needing tires on the next month or so. They have 20% off tires and half off installation to the end of march. He said I could lock in that deal with a small deposit and then get it done whenever. SO as I was leaving after finally getting my bike out, he said I'll call you this afternoon (Saturday) with a quote for the dunlops and michelins. I'll also comp you a free detailing for the wait today.

I haven't heard from him. Sorry for the rant....had to vent somewhere. Haven I mentioned how much I hate my selling dealership?

Last edited by teedoff65; 03-25-2019 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:40 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,518 Likes on 4,422 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Took mine in for the 12.500 mile service sat. The guy checking me in said: "Oh there's a recall on your bike, want us to take care of that for you today while you're here?"

I said you mean the clutch recall? Then I explained to him that I'd been on a waiting list since Oct. Not once did you guys call me saying hey, we have some parts in and want to get you in to get this done.

I hate my dealership. To top it off, the work took about 2 hours. No big deal.....but then they wash the bikes before they're "done" and that was another 2 hours! There were 3 bikes ahead of me....when mine finally got pulled into the wash bay, the guy soaped it up, rinsed it off, and then blew the water off. He then proceeded to talk to some girls, and disappear for several times Each time he came back, he did nothing to my bike.

I went in and asked about it, and the guy said oh we'll get yours done shortly. I said its been sitting in the wash bay for 45 min. I walked out.....watched the guy washing my bike disappear again, waited another 20 min, then went back in and told the guy to pull my bike out, I was done waiting.

While I was in there earlier, I asked about my tire wear since I'll be needing tires on the next month or so. They have 20% off tires and half off installation to the end of march. He said I could lock in that deal with a small deposit and then get it done whenever. SO as I was leaving after finally getting my bike out, he said I'll call you this afternoon (Saturday) with a quote for the dunlops and michelins. I'll also comp you a free detailing for the wait today.

I haven't heard from him. Sorry for the rant....had to vent somewhere. Haven I mentioned how much I hate my selling dealership?
our Service Writers have a check box on the paperwork for checking in bikes, Wash Yes or No and always ask which... I only say Yes if it's filthy, disgusting and gross from a recent road trip and I ain't in a hurry to pick it up

Old 03-25-2019, 12:49 PM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,474 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
our Service Writers have a check box on the paperwork for checking in bikes, Wash Yes or No and always ask which... I only say Yes if it's filthy, disgusting and gross from a recent road trip and I ain't in a hurry to pick it up
Yeah this one doesn't do that. And its a pain sometimes to spend 4 to 5 hours at a dealership just for a service. I mean they had a woman stunt bike rider there performing, but once I watched that, the second show was boring.

And there's only so much looking around I can do in clothing and parts. Especially since I refuse to spend a dime in that place. lol

Old 03-25-2019, 12:54 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,518 Likes on 4,422 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Yeah this one doesn't do that. And its a pain sometimes to spend 4 to 5 hours at a dealership just for a service. I mean they had a woman stunt bike rider there performing, but once I watched that, the second show was boring.

And there's only so much looking around I can do in clothing and parts. Especially since I refuse to spend a dime in that place. lol
yup, unless they are offering a bikini bike wash in the parking lot with some serious 'talent' I'll do it myself

Old 03-25-2019, 01:12 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Not today but this weekend. Rode it 250 miles in some great 70 degree weather and purchased this with some Christmas gift cards from my kids. That reflector has to go!!!

Old 03-25-2019, 02:44 PM
JayD6951
Intermediate
Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Just finished bars, grips, and mirrors!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by JayD6951:
BgDadddy (06-09-2019), madmat (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 02:48 PM
JayD6951
Intermediate
Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tslockbower
I put in a 117 Stage IV kit, SE8-447 Torque Cam (selling the Power Cam that came with the kit if anyone is interested in buying it), Hi-Flow intake, Screamin' Eagle exhaust, and upgraded clutch pack to the high capacity clutch pack, oil pump and oil pump back cover. I know what not V&H or Reinhardt? My hearing is bad enough thanks to a Twisted Sister show 37 years ago.

It was definitely a learning experience. Not much room between the rear cylinder head and frame. I ended up using a pass through socket with an open end wrench to get the top cover off. HD changed the oil pump and oil pump back cover in the fall of '17 (early '18 model year) so I added those to items to the list of parts.

160 miles into the break in period. I will have it dyna tuned in a few weeks. I will say this much, there is a HUGE boost in torque. I can't wait till the break in period is over so I can really let it rip.
Nice work 👍🏼

Old 03-29-2019, 12:22 AM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Received 281 Likes on 140 Posts

Got the Cobra Neighbor Haters installed. 2019 RGU. They have an awesome potato sound at idle and really make some noise when you get on it. Idling through the neighborhood is just a low rumble. Hopefully it’s not rattling windows lol

Old 03-29-2019, 12:39 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

Traded it...for a new one. The ‘17 Road King is out and the ‘19 FLHTP is in!

The following 2 users liked this post by stro1965:
BgDadddy (06-09-2019), madmat (03-29-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 09:39 PM
Mrevilix
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Got my new plate.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?