Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Sweet ride. Be safe and enjoy.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:55 PM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by guitarhawg
I went ahead and traded my 14 limited in about a year earlier than I usually do...my dealership gave me good value on trade, and made the offer too good to pass up. Only have 65 miles on it so far, but will rectify that soon! Seat of the pants evaluation tells me that the increased HP and torque are everything they said it would be. The suspension is also an instantly noticeable improvement from the 14. I'm looking forward to wringing this one out a bit...

I took a few pics before the weather turned sour the other day...nothing remarkable, just a beautiful stock bike. Enjoy.
Pulled the trigger today. Traded my 2015 Breakout for a 2017 Denim Paint Ultra Limited. Got it for the MSRP (no setup or freight) price listed on HD website. Going to black out the motor and pipes in the next few weeks. Have to say the finest motor vehicle I have ever owned.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:01 PM
guitarhawg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that I've put around 400 miles on the bike, I have come away impressed. I am really happy with the HP and torque of this new motor. This thing pulls HARD. The other day, I was riding with a buddy who has a Fat Boy with a 110 motor. He used to leave me steppin' and fetchin' with my '14 Limited. Not anymore. I think the M8 surprised us both.

As for the suspension, I'm extremely happy with it. Right out the box, the bike feels like my '10 Limited did after I went Progressive Suspension front and rear. The bike is nice and compliant over rough pavement...much more so than before, and feels really planted at low speeds as well. My wife likes the less buzzy feel of the new motor as well...she says it's more comfortable over time than the '14.

Overall, I'd say the MoCo has knocked it out of the park with this one. Barring any 1st year issues, I'm completely happy with the new bike!

Old 09-26-2016, 12:28 PM
riknbeth
Road Master

Now that I've put around 400 miles on the bike, I have come away impressed. I am really happy with the HP and torque of this new motor. This thing pulls HARD. The other day, I was riding with a buddy who has a Fat Boy with a 110 motor. He used to leave me steppin' and fetchin' with my '14 Limited. Not anymore. I think the M8 surprised us both.

As for the suspension, I'm extremely happy with it. Right out the box, the bike feels like my '10 Limited did after I went Progressive Suspension front and rear. The bike is nice and compliant over rough pavement...much more so than before, and feels really planted at low speeds as well. My wife likes the less buzzy feel of the new motor as well...she says it's more comfortable over time than the '14.

Overall, I'd say the MoCo has knocked it out of the park with this one. Barring any 1st year issues, I'm completely happy with the new bike!
I have to agree. I got a 2017 Ultra Limited over the weekend. So still getting used to it. But thus far, it is the finest piece of machinery I have ever owned.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:54 AM
2013_FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 1,043 Likes on 258 Posts

I thought the 17 FLHTK front suspension is a lot better than my monotubes. Congrats and enjoy.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:09 PM
flashracer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 2014 black limited(9000 miles). I test drove the M8 Limited and really loved it. I haven't talked OTD price for the new black Limited. What would be considered good?

Old 09-30-2016, 07:35 PM
riknbeth
Road Master

Originally Posted by flashracer
I have a 2014 black limited(9000 miles). I test drove the M8 Limited and really loved it. I haven't talked OTD price for the new black Limited. What would be considered good?
Well I bought a 2017 Ultra Limited about a week ago. This is my third bike in 2 years. One of them was for my wife the other was mine that I traded in. Same dealer, same salesman which treat me fair. I got a 15% discount on the upgrades and a good trade number. But they absolutely refused to take one dime off of retail listed on Harley website. Although they did drop the setup and freight charges. I told them those are BS anyway and they took them off. Stage one next week. Maybe other folks did better than me, who knows. I will tell you I am very happy. The bike pulls like a train bone stock. Good luck.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:41 AM
Custardglide
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013_FLHTK
I thought the 17 FLHTK front suspension is a lot better than my monotubes. Congrats and enjoy.
I rode a 2017 Limited today (they have only just come to the UK and the Roadglides have'nt even turned up yet at my dealer) and man that front end is planted, straight out the box. The rear is the same as my 2015 CVO limited (I have the HD Premiums on) It pulls nearly as good as my 110" I'd say it's the easiest glide to ride................... fast!! If I had the 103 I'd have traded on the spot.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:44 AM
hikervt
Banned
Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

I went ahead and traded my 14 limited in about a year earlier than I usually do...my dealership gave me good value on trade, and made the offer too good to pass up. Only have 65 miles on it so far, but will rectify that soon! Seat of the pants evaluation tells me that the increased HP and torque are everything they said it would be. The suspension is also an instantly noticeable improvement from the 14. I'm looking forward to wringing this one out a bit...

I took a few pics before the weather turned sour the other day...nothing remarkable, just a beautiful stock bike. Enjoy.
Congrats! Enjoy your new ride!

Old 04-23-2018, 06:37 PM
Glideiron
Intermediate
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Got my limited two weeks ago. Couldn’t be happier with it. Quartz black.

Quick Reply: New Milwaukee 8 Limited