Sponsored by:

18 model

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 07:17 AM
ChrisHo
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4,308 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by riknbeth
I can say I am one of the lucky guinea pigs with a 2017 ultra limited.
-snip-
Besides the 2017 bike is pretty awesome. Why change?
well as posted elsewhere I decided to not to wait for the 18s. While they may change the frame I doubt it will ever not be rubber mounted and I expect if anything the other models move to the touring frame with just different sub frames as needed.

When HD decides to fix their frames and go on a real weight savings plan then I will look for my next one. Drop fifty from the RK and I will be interested, drop a hundred and I won't think twice. The full dress bikes really need to be under 800 tops

The following users liked this post:
ocezam (10-07-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 12:34 PM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHo
well as posted elsewhere I decided to not to wait for the 18s. While they may change the frame I doubt it will ever not be rubber mounted and I expect if anything the other models move to the touring frame with just different sub frames as needed.

When HD decides to fix their frames and go on a real weight savings plan then I will look for my next one. Drop fifty from the RK and I will be interested, drop a hundred and I won't think twice. The full dress bikes really need to be under 800 tops
I agree with all this. I won't be holding my breath for the weight savings though. I don't even think it's on HD's radar.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:58 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by scottt
Two reasons I think a frame is coming.

1. Harley wants an Automatic transmission option for the touring line. Would open new markets, especially in big cities. Would be real popular with police departments.

2. I'm betting on a modular frame with a interchangeable engine cradle. The engine cradle would also be used with the new Dyna frame, or whatever they end up calling it.

It's my bet that Harley makes the new frame lighter and designed with new features in mind. Examples would include: active suspension, changeable based on weight carried and road conditions.

Remember, you read it here first!
you dream all you want, just stay away from My Harley-Davidson.