Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! How to install auxiliary electrical harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 05:40 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

I just installed the new for 17 accessory harness onto my 17 TK for my heated hammock seat. All I did was plug into the 325 connector under the right side cover and then plugged it into the seat harness. Seems to work fine.
I didn't use the separate 12 volt lead that attaches to the positive battery post. Guess that's for some other accessories.
And as stated, the prior 14-16 accessory harness did plug in under the left side cover.

The following users liked this post:
lyork (10-15-2016)
Old 10-15-2016, 09:16 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by YPD485
I just installed the new for 17 accessory harness onto my 17 TK for my heated hammock seat. All I did was plug into the 325 connector under the right side cover and then plugged it into the seat harness. Seems to work fine.
I didn't use the separate 12 volt lead that attaches to the positive battery post. Guess that's for some other accessories.
And as stated, the prior 14-16 accessory harness did plug in under the left side cover.
Really? That's good to know, that saves a bit of time. On my 2014 SGS, the garage door opener was wired into the loose leads.

Old 02-19-2017, 03:35 PM
SgtNitro
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for this thread. I have been trying to get the white dummy plug out by pulling it with needle nose pliers, only for it to keep breaking off and getting smaller. I will have to check for the center lock when I get home.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:25 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtNitro
Thanks for this thread. I have been trying to get the white dummy plug out by pulling it with needle nose pliers, only for it to keep breaking off and getting smaller. I will have to check for the center lock when I get home.
Pull the center lock straight out the end of the plug. The dummy plug will then be loose, as well as the rest of the wires. Snap a picture of the wires first, just in case you get crossed up on how it goes back together

Old 04-29-2017, 04:37 PM
chief123
Stage I
Default Garage Door opener

Originally Posted by us1fountain
I bought this same accessory wire harness to install my garage door opener. Decided it was easier to just use an empty acc. plug within the fairing vs using this harness, so it got stuck in junk drawer.

As KY above said, but this harness has 3 wires. (None are 12V) The one end has a connector for only 3 spots, the other end connector has spots for 4 wires. The one end of that harness with the rubber watertight plug has a white dummy plug instead of a wire. You remove the dummy plug and push the end from the second wire harness (with the fuse) into that spot. Connect other end of that single wire harness to battery pos side.
So us1fountain what accessory harness did you connect to, I have a 2017 Classic and tried splicing into an accessory point with a black wire and a black and purple wire I'm unable to get power? what am I doing wrong/ where did you connect to under the fairing, the update kit doesn't make sense to me.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:03 PM
thereal142
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

For Harley heated seats, all you have to do is plug the extesion harness into the accy plug under the right side cover, route it up in front of the battery, and plug the seat in. Done. All that other stuff is for if you want the three dangly stub wires hot . The seat plug only has a hot and a ground.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:12 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by thereal142
For Harley heated seats, all you have to do is plug the extesion harness into the accy plug under the right side cover, route it up in front of the battery, and plug the seat in. Done. All that other stuff is for if you want the three dangly stub wires hot . The seat plug only has a hot and a ground.
Maybe the RG's are different (doubt it), but I needed the accessory harness on my (17 TK) for the added length. No way the heated seat harness wire would reach the side cover connection point.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:00 PM
thereal142
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by YPD485
Maybe the RG's are different (doubt it), but I needed the accessory harness on my (17 TK) for the added length. No way the heated seat harness wire would reach the side cover connection point.
You do need the extension harness, but like I said you don't have to use the B+ tap or get the female molex pin into the oem connector, etc. just plug, plug, heat. I'm not making it up. My CVO Heated Hammock is nice and toasty.....

Old 05-22-2017, 10:36 AM
cosarguy
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thereal142 is correct. Just installed a heated Mustang seat on my 2017 Ultra Limited, Mustang uses the "old style" stock Harley plug, and all I
had to do was route the wires and plug into the right side ACC plug with the new style end on the Harley 69201599 wiring update kit and the old style into the seat...done. Unless you're wanting to run additional items off the same system, there is no need to do anything else.

Last edited by cosarguy; 05-26-2017 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:43 PM
mtstringer
Intermediate

Question once you get the accessory power to the seat is it powered all the time or does it get killed when you turn the key off?

Quick Reply: Help! How to install auxiliary electrical harness