Sponsored by:

2017 bike out of service 114" stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 06:20 PM
roadrash3
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
Default 2017 bike out of service 114" stage 3

This doesn't belong in the M8 pump thread or failure thread. Picked up my bike a week ago, already put the first 1k on it, mechanic did top notch job, the bike runs awesome but damn lifters are bad, same crappy lifters that are having some failures in the 110" motors. I joke brand new M8 motor redesigned top to bottom except same crap lifters from the twin cam. Regardless i am not even upset in the slightest, nothing i could do. Got the 7 year warranty so replacing them with the same stuff and keep the bike under warranty.

As far as the 114" stage 3, i could not be happier. This is the best engine i have ever had. I have done a lot of motors over the years, S&S, fuel moto 107" harley motors etc. This bike is just so smooth and so much power. I could not be happier. I needed to slow my riding down as i can't keep up this 1k a week riding, so now i sit here with nothing to do but hang in the forums, as i traded two bikes in to make this deal happen.

FYI, Motor still ran solid not a single issue, but for the first 10 minutes starting it up, made tons of racket that got quieter but never quite went away. Still rode awesome and i would recommend it to anyone on the fence. Cant say its a M8 issue either, all you first year engine haters as its the same crap lifters in the twin cam (Screaming Eagle ones)

The following users liked this post:
ocezam (10-19-2016)
Old 10-15-2016, 07:01 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,720 Likes on 1,546 Posts

I hear ya. I either have a weak lifter or a screwed up rocker. Just started after 1K. Same old C-Lifters. Crap. I'll let HD change them out for stock this time and if they fail again, S&S standards are going in.

Old 10-15-2016, 07:53 PM
roadrash3
Road Master

i debated just paying for S&S and having him drop them in, but i don't want something to happen with the motor and they try to blame it on the lifters and not cover me. I bought the 7 year warranty

Old 10-18-2016, 08:41 PM
roadrash3
Road Master

Got the bike back today, it was the lifters. They were replaced and bike runs solid put another few hundred miles on it and runs like a champ. Best Harley I have ever owned

The following users liked this post:
ocezam (10-19-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 06:48 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

3k on mine no probs

Old 10-20-2016, 09:12 AM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by roadrash3
This doesn't belong in the M8 pump thread or failure thread. Picked up my bike a week ago, already put the first 1k on it, mechanic did top notch job, the bike runs awesome but damn lifters are bad, same crappy lifters that are having some failures in the 110" motors. I joke brand new M8 motor redesigned top to bottom except same crap lifters from the twin cam. Regardless i am not even upset in the slightest, nothing i could do. Got the 7 year warranty so replacing them with the same stuff and keep the bike under warranty.

As far as the 114" stage 3, i could not be happier. This is the best engine i have ever had. I have done a lot of motors over the years, S&S, fuel moto 107" harley motors etc. This bike is just so smooth and so much power. I could not be happier. I needed to slow my riding down as i can't keep up this 1k a week riding, so now i sit here with nothing to do but hang in the forums, as i traded two bikes in to make this deal happen.

FYI, Motor still ran solid not a single issue, but for the first 10 minutes starting it up, made tons of racket that got quieter but never quite went away. Still rode awesome and i would recommend it to anyone on the fence. Cant say its a M8 issue either, all you first year engine haters as its the same crap lifters in the twin cam (Screaming Eagle ones)
Mind if I ask... how much $$$?

Old 10-20-2016, 04:07 PM
roadrash3
Road Master

The kit was like $1600 and 10 hours labor, cost was somewhere around $2700 total. I normally would not have done it but was told if I did it right away when I bought the bike it carried the full 7 year extended warranty. Glad I did it, I could not be happier. 5 years from now I would have been itching to do it

Old 10-20-2016, 09:58 PM
LA VIC
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

The kit was like $1600 and 10 hours labor, cost was somewhere around $2700 total. I normally would not have done it but was told if I did it right away when I bought the bike it carried the full 7 year extended warranty. Glad I did it, I could not be happier. 5 years from now I would have been itching to do it
Did you do the Street Cannons and the air filter kit as well?

Old 10-21-2016, 06:48 AM
roadrash3
Road Master

Originally Posted by LA VIC
Did you do the Street Cannons and the air filter kit as well?
Yes I think I had to for the kit. I have never ever ever liked screaming eagle slip one and always did full pipe. But I am satisfied enough with these that I will keep them. Better then stock but not too loud I can hear the radio

Old 10-21-2016, 08:03 AM
LA VIC
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Yes I think I had to for the kit. I have never ever ever liked screaming eagle slip one and always did full pipe. But I am satisfied enough with these that I will keep them. Better then stock but not too loud I can hear the radio
I thought you probably would have, at $2700 bucks you got a really good deal.

Quick Reply: 2017 bike out of service 114" stage 3