Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many Miles on Your M8

Old 08-16-2018, 03:57 AM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesEagle
5500 miles on 2018 FLTRU, picked up in late May. Sadly into dealer 2 days ago with tranny oil low issue (3.5oz) + excessive oil consumption (1 qt per 1600 miles). Awaiting factory response as my dealer admitted not the first and they will photo and report to factory. My saga beings.....

Quite disenchanted that Harley not put out a factory statement to dealerships or some position paper on the M8 oil consumption &/or tranny oil migration. At least that I have seen or been advised of.
How do you join the forum in 2010 yet you only have three post? And amazing it's with a M8 issue post a picture of your service ticket.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:07 AM
DavesEagle
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

As to my lack of posts, all my previous Harleys been CVO's (new Glides in 2000 & 2009) and found the CVOHARLEY site met my forum needs best. I don't spend very much time on social media/internet forums, this '18 is my first non-CVO and first inexplicable service issue had in my Harley history. That's my interest currently and what brought me here, Google searches on M8 issues, so I proceeded to update/retrieve my password to read others plight; "amazing"... I think not.

I'll post copy of service ticket when I pick bike up - that's a good idea - not noticed any other examples of that so I'll start looking for service ticket postings on this issue.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:04 AM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member

As to my lack of posts, all my previous Harleys been CVO's (new Glides in 2000 & 2009) and found the CVOHARLEY site met my forum needs best. I don't spend very much time on social media/internet forums, this '18 is my first non-CVO and first inexplicable service issue had in my Harley history. That's my interest currently and what brought me here, Google searches on M8 issues, so I proceeded to update/retrieve my password to read others plight; "amazing"... I think not.

I'll post copy of service ticket when I pick bike up - that's a good idea - not noticed any other examples of that so I'll start looking for service ticket postings on this issue.
We had a CVO forum in 2010 and yet nothing.not one post. And yet all those years later you drop back in. Just to state you have a problem..Go figure..

The following users liked this post:
Bumpandrun (08-20-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 01:25 PM
depthsounder
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

4170mi on my 2018 Fat Bob. Took it in Tuesday for excessive oil consumption. Have to check in with the dealer in 500mi intervals for monitoring.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:33 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,492 Likes on 4,409 Posts

Originally Posted by depthsounder
4170mi on my 2018 Fat Bob. Took it in Tuesday for excessive oil consumption. Have to check in with the dealer in 500mi intervals for monitoring.
107 or 114?

Old 08-16-2018, 01:36 PM
17VelRed
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Working on it...

16,200 miles. Need to figure out the attachment hardware I'll need to add some extra carrying capacity for a rear fender "trunk". I ride alone and have no need for a large passenger backrest or seat. I don't want the largest or the smallest size but one about in the middle. I've got other things I must attend to, first, so that should give me time to figure this out, other than going to the HD dealership and spending more than I need.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:43 PM
depthsounder
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
107 or 114?
114. Only mods to the bike are a set of S&S Grand National slip-ons.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:33 PM
Decker72
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Getting close to 10k miles on mine. 90% of those miles has been at Stage 1. No issues other than a rattling gas cap which was replaced under warranty.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:47 PM
DavesEagle
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Man, so sorry about your hurt feelings dude! Little time in MY life is spent on forums, except for needs like researching issues like this. You are quite intolerant of those different than you, that is clear. Sorry this site content and layout just not preferable over other CVO site for me. Still finding it quite high amount of oddball posts like yours totally off subject of "M8 miles". Oh well, worth the price of entry is all I gotta say now. Oh, here's the ticket copy.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:34 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member

Man, so sorry about your hurt feelings dude! Little time in MY life is spent on forums, except for needs like researching issues like this. You are quite intolerant of those different than you, that is clear. Sorry this site content and layout just not preferable over other CVO site for me. Still finding it quite high amount of oddball posts like yours totally off subject of "M8 miles". Oh well, worth the price of entry is all I gotta say now. Oh, here's the ticket copy.
No thank you and please accept my Apology, So many come on here with one or two post and they are gone. I hate to see guys have problem but it happens. The 14 16 models transfer but for some reason it's labeled a M8 problem.You have a TSB for both.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How many Miles on Your M8