Sponsored by:

Which One RK/SG

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 06:54 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts
Default Which One RK/SG

RK Blue Silver, Just don't like The Dallas Cowboy colors.

http://www.bartlesvilleharley-davids...=xAllInventory

SG Black, Don't like the fact that the Glides drag there ***'s around and there seats suck for the wife and I two up.

The dealer I'm buying from is giving me a great deal on what ever I choose out of stock. Blue and Silver is ok, sort of and they wont be getting a Black RK for some time.

I like the SG's. But it ****'s me off a tad that the seat is going to need replacing right off the bat and at min. it will have to have RK rear shocks put on it. I've already drug the bags on a buddys SG,,, of course after he drug them riding it to my place after he bought it. Put my 265 lb *** on a SG even with preload cranked up i can still compress the rear pretty hard in a corner.

I just wish the wife had bought one or the other for me for Christmas and I didn't have to decide.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:00 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,903 Likes on 17,471 Posts

I think the RK has more personality but I'm biased , buying one in week or 2. SG's and RG's are a dime a dozen around here, can't throw a dead cat and not hit somebody on a black one.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:34 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,517 Likes on 4,422 Posts

I do a lot of Touring and no longer care to have a fairing/stereo. Road King is a better ride for Touring. Fork Rake isn't as tucked in, bigger tires and wheels, more rear suspension travel, not to mention at least $5000 less. I'm surprised they even categorize the SG and RG's as Touring bikes to be honest. now a RG Ultra is a different story

Old 12-27-2016, 07:55 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
I do a lot of Touring and no longer care to have a fairing/stereo. Road King is a better ride for Touring. Fork Rake isn't as tucked in, bigger tires and wheels, more rear suspension travel, not to mention at least $5000 less. I'm surprised they even categorize the SG and RG's as Touring bikes to be honest. now a RG Ultra is a different story
The RK & SG have the same rake 26°
RK 6.7" trail SG 6.8"
RK ground clearance 5.3" SG 4.8"

Old 12-27-2016, 08:00 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by 103 sedona orange
RK 6.7" trail SG 6.8"

That is crazy they dropped the ground clearance that much from 2016 to 2017 for the SG. 2016 SG was 5.3

Old 12-27-2016, 08:02 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by psyshack
RK Blue Silver, Just don't like The Dallas Cowboy colors.

SG Black, Don't like the fact that the Glides drag there ***'s around and there seats suck for the wife and I two up.

The dealer I'm buying from is giving me a great deal on what ever I choose out of stock. Blue and Silver is ok, sort of and they wont be getting a Black RK for some time.

I like the SG's. But it ****'s me off a tad that the seat is going to need replacing right off the bat and at min. it will have to have RK rear shocks put on it. I've already drug the bags on a buddys SG,,, of course after he drug them riding it to my place after he bought it. Put my 265 lb *** on a SG even with preload cranked up i can still compress the rear pretty hard in a corner.

I just wish the wife had bought one or the other for me for Christmas and I didn't have to decide.
If the dealership would swap out the longer shocks at no charge, that would be great. But I would really look into aftermarket shocks. There are quite a few good manufactures. I have the Works Steel Trackers with DRS/ARS. Check out there website. Good luck.

Old 12-27-2016, 08:04 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

Actually he is looking at SG standard so its 2k but yeah the RK rides better especially 2 up

The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (12-27-2016)
Old 12-27-2016, 08:15 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,517 Likes on 4,422 Posts

Originally Posted by 103 sedona orange
RK 6.7" trail SG 6.8"

well I'll be dipped in dog doo, that was the excuse I used when my buddy out rode me thru the twisties so figured it had to be the bike! joking aside, those low profile tires and 2" rear suspension just ain't going to cut it for long range comfort, for me anyway

Last edited by mjwebb; 12-27-2016 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:57 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member

well I'll be dipped in dog doo, that was the excuse I used when my buddy out rode me thru the twisties so figured it had to be the bike! joking aside, those low profile tires and 2" rear suspension just ain't going to cut it for long range comfort, for me anyway
I have a 2011 RG Custom. Mine had the 12" air shocks which I hated because it didn't handle that good. That's why I went with Works 13" DRS & ARS. But if you're an aggressive like myself I still drag the RH F/B & mount along with the header pipe. The RH F/B & kickstand take a beating also. Of course the touring bikes weren't designed for that kind of riding but I still enjoy it. I'd still keep it a secret from your buddy.LOL

Old 12-27-2016, 10:08 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I think the RK has more personality but I'm biased , buying one in week or 2. SG's and RG's are a dime a dozen around here, can't throw a dead cat and not hit somebody on a black one.
As a bike the RK is my fav. And there is something to a tad of color in ones life. And yes when it's nice and warm the Glides are everywhere here also.

Quick Reply: Which One RK/SG