Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owners stuck in winter weather

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 10:00 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

I haven't been able to get a ride in since just before Christmas.

33 degrees now, then rain and drizzle all day tomorrow but Saturdays it's supposed to get up to 54 and clear. The wife is working on Saturday so the ole Deuce may just get a walkabout in.

Sunday a big rain storm is predicted, and to last for several days. Yuck!

Old 01-19-2017, 10:27 PM
goose222
Road Master
Received 139 Likes on 79 Posts

Here in Idaho it has been very cold with a lot of snow. Currently the highs are in the teens. Lows in the zeros and just last night got 6 inches on top of 2 1/2' so it will be a long time before I get out on mine but then again I need to get it first. Suppose to be here today now there saying next week. I have never ridden a M8 so I am kind of excited to see how great everyone says they are.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:30 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

I was going to ride mine into work this morning. But had to blow it off. Heavy fog, mist, drizzle and light rain with the temps in the low 40's. And it did not get into the low 60's like the over paid weather morons said it would.

If there is no fog and muck on the roads in the morning I'm going to ride in. The temps should be in the mid 40's.

Wife is looking forward to a ride saturday before the rain hits again.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:19 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by bradn
How are the temp's over on that side of the pond?
It's been averaging -5 C for the past week. On the plus side I've managed to get quite a few mods done, nearly there just the seat to sort.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:00 AM
Michaelpost
Advanced
Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Had to add to this- got 2700 miles on my new RK before winter set in and she went under the cover. Yesterday I just needed to look at her again so I pulled the cover off for a day just to admire as I came and went through the garage. What a beautiful bike!

Old 01-20-2017, 11:26 AM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,075 Likes on 3,318 Posts

Originally Posted by jgrohio
Had a lot of rain in Ohio so it washed the roads so Monday took bike out it was 35 degrees, I smiled the whole time. Sat its going to be 50 so wife and I will be out.
Yeah, hoping for the same thing here. Hope you get some great riding in with your wife !

Old 01-20-2017, 11:33 AM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Deucedog
I haven't been able to get a ride in since just before Christmas.

33 degrees now, then rain and drizzle all day tomorrow but Saturdays it's supposed to get up to 54 and clear. The wife is working on Saturday so the ole Deuce may just get a walkabout in.

Sunday a big rain storm is predicted, and to last for several days. Yuck!
I was able to head up to Perkins Lookout/ Bear Mountain between xmas and new Years. I take off that week every year and just lucked out when one day it was 55 or so.. Other than that, zip... nadda..Best of luck this weekend man...hope to do the same up here !

The following users liked this post:
Berardi3 (01-20-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 01:16 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
Been riding for the past week in jeans and a t-shirt in the south. Nice now but if its any indication as to how the summer is gonna go it will be brutal!
I was thinking about the same thing today. We've had some, and continue to have, really mild winter weather. This means bugs will be bad, Spring weather will likely be 2 weeks long and then it'll be hot as hell until October.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:54 PM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Michaelpost
Had to add to this- got 2700 miles on my new RK before winter set in and she went under the cover. Yesterday I just needed to look at her again so I pulled the cover off for a day just to admire as I came and went through the garage. What a beautiful bike!
Feel the same way here. I have the same Sapphire blue/billet silver RK. I was back and forth between this and the solid billet Silver.. Glad I got what I did.. Really great color.Mine and my other bike (1990 ZX7 )are stuck in my freezing detached garage on battery tenders... sucks...I feel like a neglectful parent,LOL.. Raise a Guinness to the coming spring !

Old 01-20-2017, 06:42 PM
Royalt
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought mine dec 9 th . in a snow storm . I trailered it home 3 hrs away and put it in the garage . Im dying to ride it . We are taking it too bike week in march to break it in

The following users liked this post:
Berardi3 (01-20-2017)

Quick Reply: New owners stuck in winter weather