Sponsored by:

Cobra Neighbor Haters

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 11:04 AM
tabperformance
Former Sponsor
Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by chgofirefighter
They sound ok in my ears but I don't consider these to be "neighbor haters" per se, but they do sound good. On eBay or better said fleebay, the DNA mufflers sound very nice indeed plus they are $195 I think. IMO the DNA sound better than the Cobras... But that's just me, however sound is subjective but if you are happy, I'm happy~
Thank you for the compliments, we believe that the Zombie baffles really wake the bikes up. The bike featured in that video has a PV-2 tuner by Dynojet, and our pipes with Zombie baffles. It doesn't even have a high flow air filter or aftermarket header and sounds pretty mean in our semi-biased opinion The difference in price many times comes from construction. One thing to note is our pipes similar to many others comes with your choice of tip. The tips are constructed of aluminum making them a nice thick cap to really put a nice finish to the pipe. Steel tips are often used to reduce cost on slip-ons, which is nice, but the thin wall steel tip doesn't look quite as clean on the back end and can be subject to corrosion on the visible portion of the muffler where you want a nice clean look. Just some things to note. $499.95 for a slip-on with aluminum tips is a very nice price compared to others as the gentleman above mentioned.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:26 PM
Buvince
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobra NH

March 2017 I had HAD install NH on my M83 Street Glide can special. Loved the sound.. nice and loud untill my 1000 mile service. Now it sounds quieter than stock pipes... Any suggestions?

Old 05-31-2017, 10:46 PM
Buvince
Stage II

Sorry for that auto correct and no proof reading. I had Harley install my Cobra neighbor hater slipons to include the stage one. After my 1000 mile service the pipes are now quieter than stock. Has anyone heard or delt with this problem?

Old 06-01-2017, 04:00 PM
tabperformance
Former Sponsor
Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Buvince
Sorry for that auto correct and no proof reading. I had Harley install my Cobra neighbor hater slipons to include the stage one. After my 1000 mile service the pipes are now quieter than stock. Has anyone heard or delt with this problem?

I have not heard of this happening to any customer we have worked with and I don't know of anything with that service that would change that in any way. Stupid question, but did you shine a flashlight in the end of the baffles on the muffler to make sure it is still open and flowing? Sounds to me almost like something could have potentially clogged the open baffle. I have heard very few but crazy things happening even with silicon plugs getting dropped into head pipes causing blockage. Very unlikely, but might be worth checking out as it sounds like something has to be causing a serious change in muffling.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:10 PM
Maxpwr
Stage III
Default I dont hate the nieghbors this much!

I just put the neighbor haters on yesterday and they,re a little loud for my taste!
I loved the old boom cans that I had on the hog but the Right One cracked on me right around the clamp. I decided 45000 plus miles it was time for a change.
I watched a neighbor haters you tube video and read some reviews.And the price!
I'm sure most of you know that watching a YouTube video to select pipes is not a good idea!
I was in a hurry didn't want my scoot to be down in the summer very long.
I called Cobra this morning and asked him if they had a quiet baffle they said no not for the neighbor hater hence the word neighbor hater. And they didn't recommend glass packing it. Maybe they tell everybody that one.
Oh well.I,m eating this one and giving everybody around me a good laugh!
Im gonna give these pipes some miles ,before i make final decision, i guess.Ive just gone around the block so far.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:12 PM
fightingmajor
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

You must have supersonic hearing as I don’t find them loud at all. Can easily hear the radio over them.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:02 PM
Maxpwr
Stage III

Oh my wife sez i definitely dont have supersonic hearing!!!

Old 08-01-2018, 02:24 PM
Maxpwr
Stage III
Default I dont hate the nieghbors this much!

After a few days more with my cobra nh,s,I think theyre stayin on the bike! I,m definitely safer in traffic with them and they do look awesome!
To hell with nieghbors!!!!

Old 08-01-2018, 08:05 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Waiting on S&S MK45 slipons, should be here next week; $600 from Fuelmoto.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:26 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Anyone hear or try the Cobra Powerflo Slipons?

Quick Reply: Cobra Neighbor Haters