Sponsored by:

Cobra Neighbor Haters

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 02:44 AM
Will13
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary1
I can't give my new FP3 enough praise. Man that Milwaukee 8 runs great with just a Stage 1.

been hearing this a lot..just got my s&s a/c and the fp3..just gotta wait for the rain to stop and nice weather...what setup did you use for your mapping, then assuming auto tuned it.

Old 02-14-2019, 05:46 AM
Gary1
Road Master
Received 160 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Will13

been hearing this a lot..just got my s&s a/c and the fp3..just gotta wait for the rain to stop and nice weather...what setup did you use for your mapping, then assuming auto tuned it.
I followed V&H recommendation and ran their canned map selecting V&H Eliminator 400's slip-ons with standard baffle as my exhaust set-up. This exhaust is similar to NH's. Run a tank of fuel through it and it will continue making small changes to the map during this time. I did not do the auto tune function and they did not recommend doing that. You can also adjust your throttle progressivity on the FP3 and I have mine set to Moderate. Throttle progressivity is what makes that engine build power quicker with just a little twist of the throttle. You can go all the way to Race setting, but it's going to make it difficult to drive on the street.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:31 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 6,627 Likes on 3,211 Posts

Wonder why V&H recommended not auto-tuning - not much benefit to doing it with only a stage 1?

Old 02-17-2019, 08:40 PM
BoneGlide
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I was not particularly happy with the sound of the haters, but before I elected to change the head pipes or Decat them I decided to do a DIY two into one and I actually like these quite a bit now. The sound is much different than the 2 into 2 with the haters. There is also a lot more airflow... more than you would expect than with that choking roll of toilet paper catalytic converter in the way.

My buddy liked the results so much that he decided to do 2 until 1 mod on his 2009 as well. He has an open head pipe and reinhardt's. Of course the twin cam sounds a bit better now than my M8 but I'm catted and he is not.

Last edited by BoneGlide; 02-17-2019 at 08:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
2017M8 (07-29-2020)
Old 02-17-2019, 08:51 PM
Gary1
Road Master
Received 160 Likes on 131 Posts

I bought a bike from Republic...

Old 02-17-2019, 11:24 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by BoneGlide

I was not particularly happy with the sound of the haters, but before I elected to change the head pipes or Decat them I decided to do a DIY two into one and I actually like these quite a bit now. The sound is much different than the 2 into 2 with the haters. There is also a lot more airflow... more than you would expect than with that choking roll of toilet paper catalytic converter in the way.

My buddy liked the results so much that he decided to do 2 until 1 mod on his 2009 as well. He has an open head pipe and reinhardt's. Of course the twin cam sounds a bit better now than my M8 but I'm catted and he is not.
More info on this 2-1 please. How did you do it? More pics?

Old 02-18-2019, 07:05 PM
Grof
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rockabillygrl
I installed these slipons a couple of weeks ago and recently took a video - a really crappy one, but still gives an idea of the sound. If anyone has been looking at these, I couldn't find very many sound clips on the internet so I made my own.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKi...PquR8zNf-cOKXg
did you hear for D&D or Thunderheader exhausts .... '' neighbor haters'' is a funny statement

Old 02-27-2019, 08:31 PM
BoneGlide
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I used something readily available from Home Depot. A chain link fence post cap 1 5/8 inch.

Just cut the loop off the top and then cut yourself 4 evenly spaced slots for clamping it and you're good to go. I've had this setup for about 5000 miles on my 2018. Just reuse your OEM clamp where you took the crossover off. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of cutting the slots but if you look closely where it's clamped down you can see two of them

Note; The 1 5/8 inch ID is just a hair too small for the headpipe branch so don't pound it on with vengeance or it will crack, ease it on there and not all the way before you clamp it down. Buy two caps while there and you'll have one to practice with in case you crack it tapping it on. It is a soft metal cap.

Now Crank It Up and enjoy your new exhaust note and increased airflow.

Last edited by BoneGlide; 02-27-2019 at 08:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BrandonSmith (12-29-2023)
Old 02-28-2019, 03:32 PM
Nismogsxr
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Star
More info on this 2-1 please. How did you do it? More pics?
Any sounds clips??

Old 03-01-2019, 08:55 AM
JLOMBARDI
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you put a tuner on or just slip ons?

Quick Reply: Cobra Neighbor Haters