Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobra Neighbor Haters

Old 05-17-2019, 09:18 PM
jlb2782
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 113 Posts

So I have the NHs on my RKS and what some other people have said about the drone is true. They do have a drone. Especially when downshifting. Anyone put thunder monster baffles on, or know if you can??

Old 05-24-2019, 10:42 AM
nferr
Road Master
Received 220 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan130
I was considering NHs on my 18" Slim, but I am in the military and currently live on-base in Germany and I am concerened my neighbors will lose their **** when I leave for work in the a.m. I see a few people saying they aren't as loud as they expected, so I don't know if I am concerned for no reason.
I have them on my 18 Low Rider. They're pretty loud. Don't forget the cats are in the back pipes so no cats with the NHS. You'll need a tuner and air cleaner. I have the FP3 and the SE Ventilator. The bike hauls ***, much more snappy, but quiet it ain't.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:04 PM
Nipdawg
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After putting on the Cobra Neighbor Hater slip-ons on the 2017 FLHXS, this has taken my gas mileage down dramatically. Wow! I can barely get 160 miles on a tank of gas. Before these slip-ons, I could get around 245-255 miles on a tank or just a little more. Time to take off these slip-ons.

The following users liked this post:
jlip06 (05-26-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 10:12 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,503 Likes on 4,414 Posts

Originally Posted by Nipdawg
After putting on the Cobra Neighbor Hater slip-ons on the 2017 FLHXS, this has taken my gas mileage down dramatically. Wow! I can barely get 160 miles on a tank of gas. Before these slip-ons, I could get around 245-255 miles on a tank or just a little more. Time to take off these slip-ons.
ok, so how much of this recent discovery may be related to you riding it more WFO because you enjoy the sound? have a hard time believing adding any slip-ons would reduce the range of a tank full of gas by almost 100 miles

Old 05-24-2019, 10:23 PM
BoneGlide
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

1. About the claimed drone. Initially I had the stock 2 muffler NH set up, then I went to a 2 into 1 NH set up. I didn't have any drone with the two muff set up and I don't have any drone with the single muffler setup. I can easily talk with my wife or listen to earbuds with no interference from noise.

2. On the fuel mileage issue, I ride a stock Road King with nothing done to the intake and nothing done to the tuning with only a slip on Muffler and I still get 230 to 250 out of a tank

Old 05-24-2019, 11:12 PM
Nipdawg
Advanced

Originally Posted by mjwebb
ok, so how much of this recent discovery may be related to you riding it more WFO because you enjoy the sound? have a hard time believing adding any slip-ons would reduce the range of a tank full of gas by almost 100 miles
I haven't been riding hard like I used to long time ago. Even Harley looked at it and everything is normal. The sound was okay, a little to loud at times. I may need to get a tuner and air flow changed to make these slip-ons better. That'll be a later project.

Old 05-25-2019, 12:09 AM
rubberheels
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

You got something else wrong!I have them on my last 2 Bikes a 18 FLHR and a 19FLHXS and get over 43mpg with a Stage 1 air cleaner and SEPST.

The following users liked this post:
BrandonSmith (12-29-2023)
Old 05-25-2019, 12:24 AM
nferr
Road Master
Received 220 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by rubberheels
You got something else wrong!I have them on my last 2 Bikes a 18 FLHR and a 19FLHXS and get over 43mpg with a Stage 1 air cleaner and SEPST.
Yup. I get 50 mpg with the Neighbor Haters on my Low Rider. That's with the FP3 Tuner and SE Ventilator. Of course the Low Rider is a lot lighter than the touring bikes but I ride it pretty hard.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:56 AM
Nipdawg
Advanced

Originally Posted by rubberheels
I put the stock mufflers back on. Rode around for about 150 miles, used not as much gas. We noticed that the bike was running rougher and hotter than normal with the Cobra mufflers on after we switched back to the stock mufflers.

I am going to find out what tuner, etc. I need to buy for the bike and eventually change over to the Cobra Neighbor Hater mufflers.

Old 05-26-2019, 04:21 PM
jlip06
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I noticed the same after having them on my street glide. As they were breaking in, I thought they getting quieter and I just didn't really like them anymore. I also felt like I was just flying through tanks of gas. I switched to the Tab Zombies, and it seems like I'm not using as much gas. I'm sure with the neighbor haters, all you need is a tune and that will sort it out. But I'm much happier with the sound of the tabs. Throttle response is still in question after the swap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cobra Neighbor Haters