Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobra Neighbor Haters

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 01:47 PM
Crabchuck
Road Master
Received 622 Likes on 317 Posts

I've see varying things. If you have just slip-ons, do you really need to re-tune? I understand that it's optimal, but is it needed? I would think the EFI system could compensate, but I don't know that for a fact.

Old 02-08-2019, 01:53 PM
JakeC7R
Road Master
Received 323 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Crabchuck
I've see varying things. If you have just slip-ons, do you really need to re-tune? I understand that it's optimal, but is it needed? I would think the EFI system could compensate, but I don't know that for a fact.
I think you will get lot's of opinions both for and against. I put the TAB BAM mufflers with zombie baffles on and they sound great and bike runs great, no tune. I asked my service guy at my HD dealer about adding the mufflers, with all the debate on warranty coverage for the M8, He said not an issue with mufflers only, lot's of customers do that and should not need any tune with no change in air cleaner. So I went with them and I like em!

Old 02-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Gary1
Road Master
Received 160 Likes on 131 Posts

I have NH on my 2018 SGS and no problems and also had them on a 2018 RK. They are only 325(chrome) or 370(black) on Amazon and Revzilla will price match them. I have a stage 1 with a FP3 and used their canned map set up for V&H Eliminators 400 with a standard baffle and it provides a good map for NH's.

Last edited by Gary1; 02-08-2019 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Add
Old 02-09-2019, 02:02 PM
Crabchuck
Road Master
Received 622 Likes on 317 Posts

My problem is that I don't have a programmer, and don't want to buy one either. If I do decide to get some cans, I might throw up a help thread on the regional forum here to see if someone nearby has a tuner and would be willing to lend a hand.

Old 02-09-2019, 02:38 PM
Gary1
Road Master

Originally Posted by Crabchuck
My problem is that I don't have a programmer, and don't want to buy one either. If I do decide to get some cans, I might throw up a help thread on the regional forum here to see if someone nearby has a tuner and would be willing to lend a hand.
You don't need a tuner if all your going to do is just slip-ons. I wanted the tuner to gain a little performance and richen up the fuel mixture. I don't know if it's possible to move tuners to other bikes if it's already been installed on one.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:48 PM
jlip06
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Neighbor Haters on my 18 SGS. Don't have a tune, and I haven't changed the intake either. She runs really good with just the slip ons and haven't noticed any loss of power. As far as sound is concerned, I think they are quiet at idle. Under throttle they sound pretty good though. I would love to hear a set of Tabs with Zombies in person and make that comparison.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:16 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Just discovered a small issue with my NHs in this ever changing winter weather. My bike was in the shop for 3 weeks getting a radio replaced under warranty and when I got home from the dealership I found rusty water had sprayed out of the right side muffler all over the bell of the muffler and the back of my bike. I don't know if its the baffle or the muffler or the exhaust rusting but this is a first for me. I really would have expected it to do it out of the left muffler.

Last edited by tnriverluver; 02-09-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:37 PM
Gary1
Road Master

I saw heavy condensation coming out of mine a couple of days ago, but we had high humidity that day. I have seen a little rusty stain on the inner bell, but I don't think there is a corrosion problem inside of the muffler. Probably parts that are bare steel inside of the muffler.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:46 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by jlip06
I have the Neighbor Haters on my 18 SGS. Don't have a tune, and I haven't changed the intake either. She runs really good with just the slip ons and haven't noticed any loss of power. As far as sound is concerned, I think they are quiet at idle. Under throttle they sound pretty good though. I would love to hear a set of Tabs with Zombies in person and make that comparison.
Very little comparison. My son has the Zombies on his 17 SGS and they are MUCH louder and deeper tone. They sound awesome but are almost too loud now for my old ringing ears which is why I chose NHs. Having heard my bike going up and down the road with someone else trying It out I'm quite pleased with the overall sound of the NHs.

Last edited by tnriverluver; 02-09-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:56 PM
JakeC7R
Road Master
Received 323 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Very little comparison. My son has the Zombies on his 17 SGS and they are MUCH louder and deeper tone. They sound awesome but are almost too loud now for my old ringing ears which is why I chose NHs. Having heard my bike going up and down the road with someone else trying It out I'm quite pleased with the overall sound of the NHs.
He is correct about the sound, they are louder and deeper for sure. Not for everyone without a doubt as the zombie baffles are meant to wake the dead. But they do have other baffle options for the same mufflers that are progressively more tame. I went with the TAB's because I wanted to be able to swap baffles if they are too loud over time...and I decide I want quieter without buying another set of mufflers. I think the baffles run around $80 for a set.

Quick Reply: Cobra Neighbor Haters