Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M8 Dying? The whir grrr whir clatter clatter

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 08:07 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

The said OP doesn't want nor does he care for our approvals of his reterrick and I understand, however I think he may have gotten a bit further with HD if a different attitude was used during his problems and said conversations of such, and he's right to praise the dealership for stepping up to fix the issue's that the motor company wouldn't but after a brutal verbal attack I guess HD stuck to there guns.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:30 AM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
The said OP doesn't want nor does he care for our approvals of his reterrick and I understand, however I think he may have gotten a bit further with HD if a different attitude was used during his problems and said conversations of such, and he's right to praise the dealership for stepping up to fix the issue's that the motor company wouldn't but after a brutal verbal attack I guess HD stuck to there guns.
Well, the MOCO has spelled it all out on the 2017 bikes. The owner was aware of it. The dealer was aware of it. They said DO NOT do certain things or we will deny the warranty if the bike breaks. Both, the owner and the dealer did not heed the warnings because in the past the MOCO has not enforced the rules. This time it is different. Maybe now some of the dealers who in the past have turned a blind eye to some of these "off road" modifications will alter their behavior. The long and short of it is that if you want the MOCO to fix the bike on their nickle during the first 24 months of ownership, then don't install anything on the bike that they told you not to install when you first bought the bike. And for those money hungry steelers out there who tell customers "if we install it then your warranty is still good", then you will have the opportunity to fix some bikes on your nickle when things go south.

If nothing else this entire ugly scenario should be a wake up call for anyone who has purchased a new 2017 HD M8 and doubted that the MOCO would do what they said they were going to do. This includes dealer too!

Old 05-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

It ain't right I tell you, some threads should never die.. especially the last few pages.. haha.. bahaha ha

Old 05-10-2017, 08:25 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,543 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra61
It ain't right I tell you, some threads should never die.. especially the last few pages.. haha.. bahaha ha
It's Alive!

Attached Thumbnails M8 Dying? The whir grrr whir clatter clatter-673ef166ccaf74e5bff4ab05621202c3.jpg  
Old 05-31-2017, 10:50 AM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by psyshack
I will be inspecting the jugs, pistons, lifters, heads, low end and such myself in the morning. let me type this out 6 thousands and 7 thousands. IE piston slap. The funny thing is with all the problems the M8 mill is showing, it's not burning oil. The compression is to spec. While I bag on the want to be tractor motor in a semi refined state of design. A motor as sick as mine was still pulling hard, does not burn oil. On one hand,,, screw Harley,,, on the other not bad for crap. So I see whats up. I go in guns blazings of which I can do at hellish levels, or we talk about it and get it fixed to my spec. My spec is where the dealer wants to go. So chill out. It's my $18.3k, not yours on the line. And to be honest,,, I wrote that $18.3k off when I bought the bike. And I'm not bike poor.

Relax
PShack,

You are one kool dude man. Your attitude and viewpoint are RIGHT ON! You obviously learned a very valuable lesson in your younger years - " you get more flies with sugar.... then with a stick!" Good on you and good luck on whichever way this goes. I personally would like to thank you for contributing this thread and sharing your knowledge by way of commentary on what is happening with your bike. We will all learn from it. Thank you sir and safe riding once you're back in the saddle.

Roadking Lobo
(soon to be an M8 owner)

p.s. obviously this entry was made at an earlier point in the thread. I agree that Psyshack did have a valid argument but at some point the wheels just came off the wagon. Glad you're riding.......Harley, Yamaha; makes no difference.

Last edited by roadkinglobo; 06-01-2017 at 11:03 AM.