So how long before you sell the bike?

Old 04-29-2017, 10:19 AM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
So how long before you sell the bike?
Prot I have no plans to sell the bike.

I'm looking forward to riding it to New Iberia and riding with some Cajun buddy's of mine this summer. Hang out south of I-10. Maybe you could join us?

Old 04-29-2017, 11:53 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior

I picked the bike up today and road it 90 miles home in the rain, wind, thunderstorms, 55F. Those OEM tires are deadly in the rain. I gladly paid them $664.00 today for what the dealer did for me after the MoCo swung the Thors hammer with a limp wrist and voided the powertrain warranty over the failed oil pump and my use of a FP3. It is completely rebuilt from the cam chest up and they installed my TQ cam kit for me free of charge.

The $664.00 was to cover my request when I dropped the bike off 6 weeks ago today for them to go ahead and do the 1k miles service which they did in spades. They adjusted the head stock bearings. They were a tad loose and went over the bike with a very fine tooth comb. They also detailed it to the point it was surgically clean. Was a shame to pick up the bike as clean as it was the day I bought it and ride it in monsoon rain and storms. I also had them install the HD neutered tuner. So that was the $664.00. I also gave the techs a box of Budweiser each for there troubles and having to put up with the idiot from HD that killed the warranty. Also while we were at the dealer I bought new rain gear and the wife picked up a new hoodie. We wanted to help defer the cost the dealer incurred fixing my bike. I will be calling the dealer next week and ordering a few other bits from them and having them shipped to my office in Tulsa.

The dealer was very forth coming with paper work and documentation concerning the whole ordeal. I have ALL the numbers concerning this issue. The dealer is Boss!

I wanted to link up some videos of the bike. Please understand the cell phone mic is very hot. The mic gain is turned way up and I can't find away to adjust it correctly.

This vid is at the 200 mile mark and it's already going bad. The Eliminator 400's and FP3 are on it as the drum beat of motor and warranty death are sounding.

At 540 miles it was going down hill fast. Two days later it made it's first trip back to the dealer concerning the noise and failing oil pressure.

I did not get a vid of it's thrash and trash state six weeks ago when I took it back for it's second time. I should of and I'm sorry I didn't. The pistons were slapping, valves going in a great clatter of a engine dying. Why it wasn't smoking none of us have a clue.

Here is the bike as I picked it up today. And getting ready to ride 90 miles home in flooding rain, thunderstorms, wind.

Made a quick stop 30 miles into the ride home just to get hit with another monsoon event as we got back on the hwy. The rain gear did great! I was dry when I got home. The OEM Dunlops are pure evil in the rain!

I have nothing but gratitude and respect for my dealer. Thank You Glen, Harvey, Frank, Zack and others that went through this drama.

Lesson: Don't put a after market tuner on your new 2017 Harley unless your ready to fork out some massive bucks or have a great dealer behind you. My bike has been restored to proper health and running order by a great dealer! It's in better shape now than it was the day I bought it.

Thank You BCS! http://www.bartlesvillecyclesports.com/

The following users liked this post:
SS Twin (05-02-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 04:41 AM
Hammerhead59
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by psyshack
Bartlesville cycle sports you guys do rock!

Psyshack, happy you finally got her back. Enjoy brother..

Old 04-30-2017, 10:23 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

The lesson learned is
DON'T SHOW UP AT A DEALER FOR WARRANTY WORK ON YOUR 17-up BIKE WITH AN AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION IN YOUR ECM...and expect them to go against a legal agreement they have with the Feds...guaranteed you will lose...that is until It is tested in the courts.
Since the act of defeating emmisions is illegal, I doubt there is a winnable fight for the consumer.
Bob

The following 2 users liked this post by FLTRI17:
mjwebb (04-30-2017), SS Twin (05-02-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 10:46 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,153 Likes on 6,213 Posts

Prot I have no plans to sell the bike.

I'm looking forward to riding it to New Iberia and riding with some Cajun buddy's of mine this summer. Hang out south of I-10. Maybe you could join us?
The reason I ask is often when somebody buys a bike, car, truck, etc. brand new and there is something seriously wrong with it, even after the repair has been made they feel the bike or whatever it is is tainted and sell it.

I hardly ride anymore. My health gets a little better and I get some great rides in, then I have more health problems or relapses which cause me to have to park it for a while again. If I didn't already have a bike, I certainly would not buy one because I have more bad days then good ones these days.

In the New Iberia area, take a ride around Lake Peigneur and stop for lunch at Cafe Jefferson which is in Rip Van Winkle Gardens. They have outdoor seating on the lake.

Another nice thing to do is head west to Lake Arthur and stop for lunch at Regatta Seafood which is on the lake.

Last edited by Prot; 04-30-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:59 AM
SomeOld Biker
Road Master
Received 268 Likes on 202 Posts

Hi psyshack,

Glad you are back in the wind on your "new" M8. That is a very cool dealer to take care of you and your attitude was great too. That kind of loyalty pays off in the long run.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:03 PM
Hammerhead59
Banned

Originally Posted by FLTRI17
The lesson learned is
DON'T SHOW UP AT A DEALER FOR WARRANTY WORK ON YOUR 17-up BIKE WITH AN AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION IN YOUR ECM...and expect them to go against a legal agreement they have with the Feds...guaranteed you will lose...that is until It is tested in the courts.
Since the act of defeating emmisions is illegal, I doubt there is a winnable fight for the consumer.
Bob
Totally agree with your statement on the tuner.. Curious though, do you think the outcome would have been different had the HD rep showed up and saw an aftermarket headpipe with a factory cal in the bike... either stock cal or SE street tuner?

I know he didn't have one, just curious as to opinion of outcome.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:30 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Hammerhead59
Totally agree with your statement on the tuner.. Curious though, do you think the outcome would have been different had the HD rep showed up and saw an aftermarket headpipe with a factory cal in the bike... either stock cal or SE street tuner?

I know he didn't have one, just curious as to opinion of outcome.
If it was a open head pipe with no cat, Wham warranty gone.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:38 PM
Hammerhead59
Banned

If it was a open head pipe with no cat, Wham warranty gone.
I agree. I think people have the false impression that running the SE tuner with a headpipe is going to save them. That is why I questioned bob.

Me personally, I know the risk I am taking and am doing it freely. If something happens to my bike, in a trailer it goes and I'll bring it to Fuel Moto for one of their kits, installed, fully dyno tuned.

Quick Reply: M8 Dying? The whir grrr whir clatter clatter