Sponsored by:

Milwaukee 8 Big bore kit install Step by Step by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 07:36 AM
DRBUICK
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Another Old Timer
Can those bikes shown above on this page actually cruise down the HiWay at say 80 or 90 MPH with out over heating or sumping or anything else for longer than a few miles? Are the engines able to keep their oil, etc cool enough? In other words, can these bikes be used for touring or do they become worn out pretty quick.

They sound great for a round town Bar Hopper.
MY 120 made 126 hp and tq, put 20,000 miles in it ran great this NUMBERS that they post are all inflated messing with the dyno. so yes they can be ridden across country, look at some other builds these guys are high on their numbers to sell product that's it SO END OF STORY YOU CAN RIDE THEM

Last edited by DRBUICK; 01-10-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:54 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by Another Old Timer
Can those bikes shown above on this page actually cruise down the HiWay at say 80 or 90 MPH with out over heating or sumping or anything else for longer than a few miles? Are the engines able to keep their oil, etc cool enough? In other words, can these bikes be used for touring or do they become worn out pretty quick.

They sound great for a round town Bar Hopper.
These motors are built to be ridden; for touring bikes not barhoppers. We've built over 100 M8 engines over 135Hp, and quite a few years of big Twin cams making similar output, guys ride these bikes all over the country. Some considerations are our M8 124 & 128 kits have less cylinder pressure than the stock M8 engine, and less dynamic compression than many Stage II & III combinations. It is however important to note that higher performance engines require the proper supportive components, they require additional maintenance, they are going to be more fuel sensitive than a stock engine, and the tune is paramount. In the end you need to answer the question on the combination that best suits your needs, a 140 or 150Hp engine may not the best fit for every rider.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following 6 users liked this post by fuelmoto:
binford6100 (03-24-2019), Decker72 (01-10-2019), Eccool (02-06-2019), Johnny Goodlife (04-16-2019), lp (01-11-2019), RinTin (02-06-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-10-2019, 06:11 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

Damn...I just read this entire thread, Awesome work Jamie. Thanks for the o;got no updates.

The following users liked this post:
fuelmoto (01-10-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 06:15 AM
Another Old Timer
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Thanks Jamie, logical and concise answer. Makes perfect sense.

Old 02-04-2019, 12:23 AM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,004 Likes on 713 Posts

Let's pop this to the top , I need a refresher course.
Peace.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:36 AM
Alexspain
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Today i going to instal 124 big bore from the FM. Hope the quality is perfect .... any way is not way back.... will see

Old 02-06-2019, 06:30 AM
DRBUICK
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexspain
Today i going to instal 124 big bore from the FM. Hope the quality is perfect .... any way is not way back.... will see
I don't think any of there stuff is done in house I could be wrong. I know heads are done by someone else with fuel moto's name to them.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:25 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by DRBUICK
I don't think any of there stuff is done in house I could be wrong. I know heads are done by someone else with fuel moto's name to them.
It depends on what you consider "any of there stuff" and which element is most important. For example no we don't have a foundry to cast cylinders, we don't grind cams, and yes we have several shops that do production CNC work for our port specs. What we do in house is the development work for each engine kit and the many elements that go into them, and we have long lasting relationships with the manufacturers that supply us; some of them even use our designs for some of their own products. We buy the bikes and we build and test to figure out what works. We offer turn key engine building & dyno tuning, we also have a fairly well equipped machine & fab shop in house as well which runs non stop (this will be expanded upon significantly next month when we move info our new facility). Most importantly we have a full staff that supports sales, technical support, & tuning with a huge emphasis on customer service. If you are from the Milwaukee, WI area you are only an hour and a half from us, I would welcome you to drive or ride up sometime.

The following 4 users liked this post by fuelmoto:
Eccool (02-06-2019), GREENOHAWK69 (02-07-2019), Heatwave (02-09-2019), sixguns (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 07:57 PM
BigT12
Cruiser
Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
It depends on what you consider "any of there stuff" and which element is most important. For example no we don't have a foundry to cast cylinders, we don't grind cams, and yes we have several shops that do production CNC work for our port specs. What we do in house is the development work for each engine kit and the many elements that go into them, and we have long lasting relationships with the manufacturers that supply us; some of them even use our designs for some of their own products. We buy the bikes and we build and test to figure out what works. We offer turn key engine building & dyno tuning, we also have a fairly well equipped machine & fab shop in house as well which runs non stop (this will be expanded upon significantly next month when we move info our new facility). Most importantly we have a full staff that supports sales, technical support, & tuning with a huge emphasis on customer service. If you are from the Milwaukee, WI area you are only an hour and a half from us, I would welcome you to drive or ride up sometime.
Thanks for all the testing you do! It’s nice being able to buy a proven set of parts that you know are going to work well together hp/tq wise. Ive been riding and wrenching a long time an unfortunately not always gotten the results I’ve expected when doing performance builds. I just finished installing your 124” big bore kit and will be getting it tuned late next week.

The following users liked this post:
fuelmoto (02-08-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 06:31 PM
Alexspain
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We finished the build 124 set. Configured through Power Vision. Previously, the cam was S & S 465 and decided to leave it for this kit. Of course not exist graphics. But I feel that the moment is higher than 3000 rpm and I do not like it. Heads did ported. The kit is maximum. Which cam would you advise? I want the maximum moment in the range of 2000-3000
Thank!

Quick Reply: Milwaukee 8 Big bore kit install Step by Step by Fuel Moto