Sponsored by:

Screamin' Eagle High-Flow Exhaust System with Street Cannon Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 08:06 AM
jimhartman
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Screamin' Eagle High-Flow Exhaust System with Street Cannon Mufflers

Has anyone tried the Screamin' Eagle High-Flow Exhaust System with Street Cannon Mufflers on their M8 yet? Just curious how much seat of the pants performance boost they bring.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:34 AM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 504 Likes on 327 Posts

Based on Harleys own dyno charts for the Stage 1 you will gain about 3hp and 5lbs. That is pretty much on the edge of being able to tell a seat of the pants difference. So if people tell you there is a night and day difference in their bike I would be a little skeptical of that. Look at page 10 of the PDF file on this link for the Harley dyno chart.

http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline....ed/2017_SE.pdf

Old 02-09-2017, 09:25 AM
Harttoo
Road Master

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts

I can't tell You that You will feel a difference.Louder exhaust at wot and the 4.5 inch cannons look mean.The high flow A/C is not as loud as on the twin cams.Did I feel a difference going to stage 1 on a Twin Cam? Not really.Just sounds better at wot.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:33 AM
cruisinmann
Road Warrior
Received 1,807 Likes on 627 Posts

Louder always feels faster

Old 02-09-2017, 10:47 AM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

Most of the replies above are referring to a full stage I, which includes, Cannon's, SE breather, and a tuner.

As for a bump from just the Cannon's, probably not much, but they do sound way better than stock. I have them on mine and really like the fact that I can quietly (relative to others) move through the neighborhood and then turn 'em up out on the road, and they do come to life as you pour more throttle to them, and also get louder with time.

If you're looking for a noticeable difference in power, I would recommend a full stage I. Albeit slight, you will notice a difference.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:27 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by jimhartman
Has anyone tried the Screamin' Eagle High-Flow Exhaust System with Street Cannon Mufflers on their M8 yet? Just curious how much seat of the pants performance boost they bring.
He's referring to the new head pipe that Harley has out for the M8. Specifically looking for anyone that has installed it and what difference they've seen.

I haven't read about anyone using it yet, the responses above are mentioning the Street Cannons mufflers alone.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...annon-mufflers

The following users liked this post:
SirWraithe (02-09-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 06:03 PM
MarkBorg
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jimhartman

I had them installed with my stage 4 kit. Should get the bike back next week.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:17 PM
Phalanx06
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I concur with martin10. The difference is not significant. I can't really give a before/after opinion because I had the street cannons, SE high flow-flow intake, and street tune done on my M8 before I picked it up. Which does bring up the point that HD recommends getting the street tune if you get the cannons.

I happen to like the look of the street cannons and the nice thing about the exhaust note is that they bark when you want them to so you can be as loud (or not) as you want to be. My dealer told me that V&H and Rineharts were just slightly louder. Hope this helps.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:24 PM
slimatsea
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I ordered the full high flow system with a 114 kit last week. Bike is being assembled now. I'll post some vids when I get it back. As far as "seat o pants" feel I don't think the full system vs just the mufflers would make any difference on an otherwise stock bike. I really don't expect to see a difference with the 114 kit. I went with it because I hate the look of the stock headpipe and even though harley did a nice job of controlling heat with the M8 cat converter, I still want it further away from me.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:29 PM
grande78
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it would be nice to just get the header pipe and use the street cannons we already have and have to get the complete exhaust system for 1300

Quick Reply: Screamin' Eagle High-Flow Exhaust System with Street Cannon Mufflers