Sponsored by:

New M8 oil cooler cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 10:01 AM
Hephaestus
Road Captain
Received 59 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
Got some miles in today, cover does not rattle or cause any problems that I can tell. I'm glad its a keeper because I think it looks awesome on the bike.
Thanks for the update. You have me wanting one now. I just have to decide on chrome or black. That oil cooler can definitely use the protection.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:54 PM
blacktop37
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
looks good and the protection is a great idea, would have got one if it fit the fan assist cooler..loose doesn't sound good tho..
I cant believe it. Why would they not design it to fit with fan assist??? I looked at the parts picture, the radiator looks the same from the front as the non fan. Maybe it just needs a little "southern engineering

Old 02-20-2017, 07:47 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,518 Likes on 4,422 Posts

Originally Posted by blacktop37
I cant believe it. Why would they not design it to fit with fan assist??? I looked at the parts picture, the radiator looks the same from the front as the non fan. Maybe it just needs a little "southern engineering
yeah, it may be part of an upcoming product release..probably held off to see what the demand was going to be on the fan assist cooler before designing a special part..who knows

Old 02-20-2017, 09:52 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Ordered mine today. They had the chrome in stock but not the black. Ofcourse with a black denim bike and pipes I needed a back cover.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:43 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 993 Likes on 590 Posts

F it. I'm just gonna order a black one and modify it to fit the fan-cooler.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:37 AM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,076 Likes on 3,319 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
4 screws on the bottom and just a tab up top that fits behind the regulator, that's where it's a little loose, the bottom is tight. I don't think it will be a problem but will keep an eye on it. The mesh is very open so I don't think there will be any reduced air flow at all, HD description says the same, no air flow restriction at all. Protection will be much better than the plastic junk that came on it which provided pretty much zero protection.

Looks great ! I'm glad HD came to their senses and put the mesh in it. I was looking at mine this weekend and thinking how much cr*ps going to get stuck in the fins over time...For the loosesess, maybe lay a few small mounds of silicone on the back side let it firm up then install it so it acts like a damper/spacer for a firm fit?

Old 02-21-2017, 09:19 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,903 Likes on 17,471 Posts

I'm buying one for mine but it does **** me off they don't come stock with it, that's just plain wrong.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:25 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,518 Likes on 4,422 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I'm buying one for mine but it does **** me off they don't come stock with it, that's just plain wrong.
if HD made bikes loaded with the right stuff stock they'd be cost prohibitive for most and they'd have folded loooong ago..probably make more on merchandise than they do on their bikes..it's a crazy culture being a Harley fan boy

The following users liked this post:
SWThomas (02-22-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 11:33 AM
Beretta52
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

A friend of mine just put one on his 17RGS in chrome. Looks good. However I plan to take the stock cover off & have it Carbon fiber dipped. Harley wants $150 & tax. for the chrome cover. I can get the stock one dipped for app $100 & just re-use it.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:41 AM
Drodrigueznyc
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
F it. I'm just gonna order a black one and modify it to fit the fan-cooler.
I think it looks great! I also thought about modifying it to fit the fan assisted oil cooler. Not sure why it wouldn't fit but i'm told it doesn't.

I can't imagine it being that difficult to modify to make it work. would be nice to get one just to see how much work it would require. i'll wait till i get my bike back from the shop. maybe i'll just pick one up.

Quick Reply: New M8 oil cooler cover