Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 01:48 PM
CheefASRC
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Brewtality
here you go.

love the speedo/tach! what model is that? the flush gas cap/gauge is a mod for sure!

Old 06-23-2017, 02:00 PM
duoglider
Road Warrior
Received 300 Likes on 181 Posts

My 03. The bike was stripped in 04 and redone in a '58 DuoGlide theme with HD Nostalgic boards, mirrors, air cleaner, beach bars, etc added. Mustang solo seat with passenger seat & luggage rack (only on when needed)
Bassani True Duals installed in '13 when the OEM rear header broke at the turn mount.
Bassani fishtails installed about 5 weeks ago.
Rear end redone with tombstone tail light and turn signals relocated to fender braces with shotgun LED signal lights.

Last edited by duoglider; 06-23-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:24 PM
Saguaro
Advanced
Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Firebolter
They do run down through the bars. If you follow them from the turn signal, you'll see they go into the control pods and then those wires all go down through the bars into the nacelle. One of the guys on here did that mod, I'd pm him as he would know best.
Thanks I'll try to track down the post.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:23 PM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CheefASRC
love the speedo/tach! what model is that? the flush gas cap/gauge is a mod for sure!
Dakota Digital MVX-2011

The following users liked this post:
6113_ (09-12-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 07:41 AM
Hagg22
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Header pipes

Hi guys. Just picked up my RKS about a month ago love this bike. Changed out the muffler for Supertrapp Kerker stout slip-ons. Love the sound quality but still too quiet. Thinking about changing out the header pipes and obviously removing the cat with that (and maybe a stage 1 too). I'm wondering how much more sound will I get out of the pipes by changing out the header. Was thinking about removing baffles from my slip-ons but I do like the sound right now and I don't want to diminish performance. I know too that as the packing burns off, these should get a bit move volume

thanks.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:52 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,542 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by Hagg22
Hi guys. Just picked up my RKS about a month ago love this bike. Changed out the muffler for Supertrapp Kerker stout slip-ons. Love the sound quality but still too quiet. Thinking about changing out the header pipes and obviously removing the cat with that (and maybe a stage 1 too). I'm wondering how much more sound will I get out of the pipes by changing out the header. Was thinking about removing baffles from my slip-ons but I do like the sound right now and I don't want to diminish performance. I know too that as the packing burns off, these should get a bit move volume

thanks.
you live in Milwaukee, you should be telling us what to do! LOL..I'm sure those things you mention will increase the sound, but possible just means increasing noise..you said twice how much you like the current sound..I'm a fan of SuperTrapp exhausts..maybe just give it a little time, see if they grow on you even more before you make more changes that will undoubtedly kick your warranty to the curb or require all kinds of tweaking and tuning to correct, unless you don't really value that for the next two years..good luck and enjoy the great new bike!

Old 06-24-2017, 08:03 AM
Hagg22
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
you live in Milwaukee, you should be telling us what to do! LOL..I'm sure those things you mention will increase the sound, but possible just means increasing noise..you said twice how much you like the current sound..I'm a fan of SuperTrapp exhausts..maybe just give it a little time, see if they grow on you even more before you make more changes that will undoubtedly kick your warranty to the curb or require all kinds of tweaking and tuning to correct, unless you don't really value that for the next two years..good luck and enjoy the great new bike!
lol on the milwaukee comment. Too true. I am actually planning to wait on changing out the pipes but wondered if anyone who has done it can give me an idea of how much louder the bike gets. Dealers don't have enough info yet on the milwaukee 8 - so I've been told. I've got 1,200 miles on the bike so far. Will see how it goes. But there are a lot of loud Harley's cruising these streets so I've grown accustomed to loud bikes.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:26 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,542 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by Hagg22
lol on the milwaukee comment. Too true. I am actually planning to wait on changing out the pipes but wondered if anyone who has done it can give me an idea of how much louder the bike gets. Dealers don't have enough info yet on the milwaukee 8 - so I've been told. I've got 1,200 miles on the bike so far. Will see how it goes. But there are a lot of loud Harley's cruising these streets so I've grown accustomed to loud bikes.
yeah, others should chime in shortly I suspect, and in the meantime there's been quite a bit of discussion here so you could root around this forum for info....and with the Milwaukee rally coming up you'll have a fantastic opportunity to hear more and talk to owners, etc., very fortunate in that regard..good luck

Old 06-24-2017, 12:55 PM
BLKDLX
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Question

I am about 1 inch away from joining the road king special owners group. I have located and have a acceptable deal on a Vivid Black RKS, I have to tell him if I am going to pull the trigger or not. I love what they have done with bike. There is another thread concerning problems with the M8, way too long for me to read. Also I know how it can be with things being exaggerated. So I wanted to come to this thread and just cut through the Chase. First of all from what I did read
it appears like many of the problems were with stage 3 &4 upgrades. I will not be doing either. Since this thread is specifically for the bike I want to buy, has there been many issues with the RKS? I'm not trying to start a argument, I'm just looking for some straightforward answers. Not sure if it matters, but this bike just arrived at the dealer a week ago, I don't know if they've done anything different from the MOCO or if there ever really was any problems. I appreciate any help or advice, I think that RKS is one of the coolest Harley Davidson I've seen. Past bikes were 05 deluxe and 09 ultra.
Thks.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:07 PM
Mike3411
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default V&H hi outputs

Hi guys new to the forum, should be picking up my olive gold RKS this coming week and looking to change the end pipes to get the Harley sound! I really like the V&H hi outputs but not really seen them over here, (UK) especially on stretched bags, anyone got any them? Pleased? Picks would be great to!!

cheers guys

The following users liked this post:
Poodie (11-05-2017)

Quick Reply: The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD