Sponsored by:

FP3 brought me back to life!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 10:16 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,252 Likes on 3,626 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
That could be the problem. Some guys here that are happy with the street tuner are running street cannons, my RC's are much more open than the cannons (I put street cannons on first but quickly changed them). The street tuner only list street cannons as an option for the stage 1 canned map, the RC's could be why it didn't play nice with my bike. It is solved now and I couldn't be happier!

This info is good to know.. Did you try any smart tunes with the street pro tuner?

Old 04-19-2017, 10:17 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,528 Likes on 4,425 Posts

Originally Posted by YammyDrummer
I don't think he meant all M8's are an anemic performing and sounding...just the owner's that switched to the FP3. Who clearly stated his "ran like S$#t since installing the pro street tuner".
gotcha'..yeah, couple isolated weird reports..definitely the exception not the rule

Old 04-20-2017, 05:02 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
This info is good to know.. Did you try any smart tunes with the street pro tuner?
I was told by the dealer that the street tuner would not do any auto tuning. They explained the "smart tune" just recorded info but would not flash it, I'm not sure if that is true or not. I was so unhappy with the street tuner I don't think I would have tried it anyway. I said screw it and got what I wanted to begin with.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:29 AM
Johnny!
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The 'canned' SE tuner tune on my stage 2 that my dealer uploaded made good power but was kinda flat off idle then pulled hard above 3K rpm's
I ran a smart tune session myself a few days later, uploaded the updated tune myself and it's a night and day difference in power and the way it's delivered across the rpm band.
Did you smart tune your SE tuner or do a dyno tune session?

The following 3 users liked this post by Johnny!:
mjwebb (04-20-2017), Road_Hawg (04-27-2017), SirWraithe (05-05-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 07:43 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny!
The 'canned' SE tuner tune on my stage 2 that my dealer uploaded made good power but was kinda flat off idle then pulled hard above 3K rpm's
I ran a smart tune session myself a few days later, uploaded the updated tune myself and it's a night and day difference in power and the way it's delivered across the rpm band.
Did you smart tune your SE tuner or do a dyno tune session?
As stated above, I was told by the dealer it would not do any auto tuning. I was so disgusted how it made my bike run that I really didn't want to spend any more time with it anyway, let alone spend $35 more for cables for the street tuner. I am not knocking anyone who runs it and likes it, thats great if it works for you. For what ever reason it simply did not work for my bike and when my grin became a frown when riding, it was time to fix the problem.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:00 AM
Steve Helton
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

As stated above, I was told by the dealer it would not do any auto tuning. I was so disgusted how it made my bike run that I really didn't want to spend any more time with it anyway, let alone spend $35 more for cables for the street tuner. I am not knocking anyone who runs it and likes it, thats great if it works for you. For what ever reason it simply did not work for my bike and when my grin became a frown when riding, it was time to fix the problem.
Glad you got it running good i installed the power vision you can set the rpm's no more street tuner for me either.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:07 AM
Drodrigueznyc
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

funny you brought this up.. I just ordered an FP3 for my SGS. I have a stage 1 V&H power dual headers & mufflers, heavy breather intake, and SE tuner.. then went to a stage 2 torque cam kit. Bike runs great, plenty of power but I kept getting an check engine light / 02 sensor code.. I'm told it's not unusual for Harleys when you swap out exhaust but once cleared it kept coming back after 100 or so miles so I brought it back to them to investigate further. honest to God, I was told the SE tuner would not autotune and/or fix that issue and because it already had the right map for my combo there was nothing else they could do. WTF?? AFter all the money I spent I can't get a frikin engine light to stay off? In comes the FP3. I have a lot experience with it and am more than happy to put this on to fix my problems. I confirmed with V&H that the tuner will store the factory map and/or current default map from the SE tuner and can revert if needed.. (as most tuners do..) I do not know if HD can tell if any other tuner has been used on the bike. So for now my plan is to use the FP3 to autotune and flash back if and when I ever need to take the bike back to Harley. I don't think they're giving us much of a choice.

The following users liked this post:
Road_Hawg (04-27-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 08:16 AM
Steve Helton
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Drodrigueznyc
funny you brought this up.. I just ordered an FP3 for my SGS. I have a stage 1 V&H power dual headers & mufflers, heavy breather intake, and SE tuner.. then went to a stage 2 torque cam kit. Bike runs great, plenty of power but I kept getting an check engine light / 02 sensor code.. I'm told it's not unusual for Harleys when you swap out exhaust but once cleared it kept coming back after 100 or so miles so I brought it back to them to investigate further. honest to God, I was told the SE tuner would not autotune and/or fix that issue and because it already had the right map for my combo there was nothing else they could do. WTF?? AFter all the money I spent I can't get a frikin engine light to stay off? In comes the FP3. I have a lot experience with it and am more than happy to put this on to fix my problems. I confirmed with V&H that the tuner will store the factory map and/or current default map from the SE tuner and can revert if needed.. (as most tuners do..) I do not know if HD can tell if any other tuner has been used on the bike. So for now my plan is to use the FP3 to autotune and flash back if and when I ever need to take the bike back to Harley. I don't think they're giving us much of a choice.
This may be something people already know the street tuner will still work i had bought the cables playing around with it.The power vision marries to the ecu but i flashed the street tuner back just to see if it would work it did so the people worried if harley can tell if you have a different tuner if street tuner is flashed back don't see how they could tell.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:17 AM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

Mine is going in today to have a Fuel Moto catless headpipe installed. The SE tuner is coming off, a PV tuner is going on, and then dyno tune. Can't wait to get it back.

Glad you got your bike the way you want it.

The following users liked this post:
Road_Hawg (04-27-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 08:33 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,252 Likes on 3,626 Posts

I was told by the dealer that the street tuner would not do any auto tuning. They explained the "smart tune" just recorded info but would not flash it, I'm not sure if that is true or not. I was so unhappy with the street tuner I don't think I would have tried it anyway. I said screw it and got what I wanted to begin with.
Prostreet does smart tune. When I had The stage 2 added to my RK, the dealer's mechanic did do one smart tune before I got it.. I've done one since but it really didn't change the way the bike ran..For me the bike runs great with the tuner. MPG went up slightly tho I would have expected that as the motor loosened up.

I reason why I went with the HD tuner was to keep the warranty.. Since the bike runs fine, glad I did..

Quick Reply: FP3 brought me back to life!!