Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FP3 brought me back to life!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 08:45 AM
Harttoo
Road Master

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts

Street tuner does smart tune and if You have the cables and want to get depressed.Compare the tables of the street tuner to the tables of the FP3.You will find that they are exactly the same.Remember, Vance and Hines does race tuning for Harley Davidson.So much for FP3 coming alive.Make sure that you autotune with Your FP3.Also experiment with AFR adjustment.Set all the 14.? to 14.0 and You will see Your bike come alive.This is what You can't do with street tuner.

The following users liked this post:
riderboy1961 (04-23-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 08:47 AM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

The 2017 SEPST does smart tune [ auto tune ] anyone that says otherwise is just wrong.

The SEPST has no basis to support anything but HD components, running aftermarket parts and tune with SEPST will be a crap shoot.

I ran Power Vision on my 2014 RK and later up-graded it to Target Tune, Played with that Tuner a lot. My new bike is All HD and runs Out Standing.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:58 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,515 Likes on 4,421 Posts

Agree, 100% HD SE here and runs amazingly well, couldn't be happier. Not getting all the butthurt from folks that go aftermarket, have issues then bitch about the MOCO position on it all

Old 04-20-2017, 10:27 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by Harttoo
Street tuner does smart tune and if You have the cables and want to get depressed.Compare the tables of the street tuner to the tables of the FP3.You will find that they are exactly the same.Remember, Vance and Hines does race tuning for Harley Davidson.So much for FP3 coming alive.Make sure that you autotune with Your FP3.Also experiment with AFR adjustment.Set all the 14.? to 14.0 and You will see Your bike come alive.This is what You can't do with street tuner.
"so much for the FP3 coming alive" I could care less what table says what or what AFR is set to what, all I care about is my bike running in a way that makes me happy and it was far from that point. If the tables were the same then something was horribly wrong because it went from running like a dying horse to a galloping black stallion! So yes, in my case it was the FP3 that came alive. I in no way get butt hurt over anyone's comment or opinion, I welcome it, all I can tell you is my bike ran like crap before, made the change and it is outstanding now so that tells me I removed the problem.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:35 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by mjwebb
Agree, 100% HD SE here and runs amazingly well, couldn't be happier. Not getting all the butthurt from folks that go aftermarket, have issues then bitch about the MOCO position on it all
Absolutely no butt hurt here, I simply stated the street tuner did not work for my bike, that is why I said if it works for you then that's great. FP3 works awesome for my bike, others may not like it, I can just give my opinion. My stamp of approval is obviously gonna go to the product that works for me. Didn't you just post recently asking about changing your street cannons for aftermarket?

Old 04-20-2017, 10:40 AM
strat10
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Im a bit confused here. Did your bike run like crap out of the box, or did it start running like crap when you added aftermarket parts and tried to tune via the SE tuner?

Also, have you compared using a dyno? Do you know what your power output is now that its running correctly?

Old 04-20-2017, 10:42 AM
Hammerhead59
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bradn
Mine is going in today to have a Fuel Moto catless headpipe installed. The SE tuner is coming off, a PV tuner is going on, and then dyno tune. Can't wait to get it back.

Glad you got your bike the way you want it.
Curious what your full setup will be when completed? SE Torque Cam? or Power? FM Headpipe, and what slipons?

Sounds like a nice setup! Can't wait to see the dyno numbers.

Last edited by Hammerhead59; 04-20-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:03 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by strat10
Im a bit confused here. Did your bike run like crap out of the box, or did it start running like crap when you added aftermarket parts and tried to tune via the SE tuner?

Also, have you compared using a dyno? Do you know what your power output is now that its running correctly?
Sorry for the confusion. I put RCX slip ons and ran with stock tune for about 4k miles, ran fine. I then put an HD high flow kit on and ran a couple of days with stock tune, ran really good. Then had dealer put the street tuner on and it went down hill from there. Not gonna bash HD's product, it just did not work for me. The service manager strongly advised me not to put the street tuner on but I was trying to do the right thing. He said FP3 was his choice if I was gonna stay stage 1 or TTS tuner if I was gonna go into the motor. I have not had my bike on a dyno so I'm not sure of power numbers.

The following 2 users liked this post by Quik:
riderboy1961 (04-23-2017), strat10 (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 11:08 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,515 Likes on 4,421 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
Absolutely no butt hurt here, I simply stated the street tuner did not work for my bike, that is why I said if it works for you then that's great. FP3 works awesome for my bike, others may not like it, I can just give my opinion. My stamp of approval is obviously gonna go to the product that works for me. Didn't you just post recently asking about changing your street cannons for aftermarket?
yeah, i wasn't directing the butthurt comment directly at you, just in general since there's been a fair amount of reports with folks having issues. I love the sound of the Kerker muffs over the canons but won't swap due to concerns of risk of not playing nicely

Last edited by mjwebb; 04-20-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:15 AM
strat10
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
Sorry for the confusion. I put RCX slip ons and ran with stock tune for about 4k miles, ran fine. I then put an HD high flow kit on and ran a couple of days with stock tune, ran really good. Then had dealer put the street tuner on and it went down hill from there. Not gonna bash HD's product, it just did not work for me. The service manager strongly advised me not to put the street tuner on but I was trying to do the right thing. He said FP3 was his choice if I was gonna stay stage 1 or TTS tuner if I was gonna go into the motor. I have not had my bike on a dyno so I'm not sure of power numbers.
Thanks, Im in the same boat right now. I have the Street Cannons on right now, and the High flow should get here today. Seems that you are the exception to the rule, but does give me pause.

Quick Reply: FP3 brought me back to life!!