FP3 brought me back to life!! - Harley Davidson Forums



Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion

FP3 brought me back to life!!

Reply
 
 
 
P
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-19-2017, 09:06 PM
Quik Quik is online now
Road Master
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: On my bike!
Posts: 773
Thanks: 0
Thanked 184 Times in 138 Posts
Default FP3 brought me back to life!!

My SGS has ran like S$#t since installing the pro street tuner. I'm not sure what the deal is but some run it and have no problems, my bike was the complete opposite. I have 6k miles on my bike with no problems so I figured I would roll the dice and try a Vance and Hines FP3, WOW!!! Now this is what I'm talking about, my bike is alive again! It is literally like a completely different motorcycle. The more I twisted the throttle, the bigger the grin got on my face. This thing is awesome and so easy to use. I fell in love with my bike all over again this afternoon!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quik For This Useful Post:
LoneRiderFLH (04-19-2017)
  #2  
Old 04-19-2017, 09:25 PM
TriGeezer's Avatar
TriGeezer TriGeezer is offline
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego County, CA
Posts: 9,330
Thanked 1,543 Times in 899 Posts
Default

Good summary. So, do you want an anemic performing and sounding bike that stays in warranty. Or just f-k it and have some fun?

As observed from my other posts, I'm likely to add an M8 RK to my garage. I'll probably not get an ESP. Then swap in just SE Street Canons, until the warranty expires. Then I'll have some fun!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-19-2017, 09:36 PM
LoneRiderFLH's Avatar
LoneRiderFLH LoneRiderFLH is online now
Road Master
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Missouri
Posts: 944
Thanked 187 Times in 99 Posts
Default

PowerVision, and I suspect FP3, stores original tune so it can be flashed back to stock tune. Add slip-ons, flash stock improved map and enjoy with no worry about warranty and no need for SE tuner
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-19-2017, 10:12 PM
Max Headflow's Avatar
Max Headflow Max Headflow is online now
Elite HDF Member
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: poway
Posts: 4,319
Thanked 509 Times in 429 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik View Post
My SGS has ran like S$#t since installing the pro street tuner. I'm not sure what the deal is but some run it and have no problems, my bike was the complete opposite. I have 6k miles on my bike with no problems so I figured I would roll the dice and try a Vance and Hines FP3, WOW!!! Now this is what I'm talking about, my bike is alive again! It is literally like a completely different motorcycle. The more I twisted the throttle, the bigger the grin got on my face. This thing is awesome and so easy to use. I fell in love with my bike all over again this afternoon!
Why did you install the tuner on a stock bike?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-19-2017, 10:25 PM
TriGeezer's Avatar
TriGeezer TriGeezer is offline
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego County, CA
Posts: 9,330
Thanked 1,543 Times in 899 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRiderFLH View Post
PowerVision, and I suspect FP3, stores original tune so it can be flashed back to stock tune. Add slip-ons, flash stock improved map and enjoy with no worry about warranty and no need for SE tuner
I would suspect there is an encrypted code, that indicates if a non EPA tuner has been connected. Once it is activated it stores a code in NVM that can not be altered. Dont ask how I know this.

Ok...fine.. you pressured me. If you buy a non OEM toner cartridge for certain printers whose name starts and ends with the same constant, and the print quality sucks &/or you do not get as many prints...then you'll understand.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TriGeezer For This Useful Post:
Rocket67 (04-20-2017)
  #6  
Old 04-19-2017, 10:39 PM
Quik Quik is online now
Road Master
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: On my bike!
Posts: 773
Thanks: 0
Thanked 184 Times in 138 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headflow View Post
Why did you install the tuner on a stock bike?
Sorry, guess i didn't mention I have RCX 4.5's and HD high flow filter.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-19-2017, 10:44 PM
Max Headflow's Avatar
Max Headflow Max Headflow is online now
Elite HDF Member
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: poway
Posts: 4,319
Thanked 509 Times in 429 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik View Post
Sorry, guess i didn't mention I have RCX 4.5's and HD high flow filter.
So I guess the issue is that the Pro Street tuner won't tune in with the mufflers?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-19-2017, 10:50 PM
Quik Quik is online now
Road Master
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: On my bike!
Posts: 773
Thanks: 0
Thanked 184 Times in 138 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headflow View Post
So I guess the issue is that the Pro Street tuner won't tune in with the mufflers?
That could be the problem. Some guys here that are happy with the street tuner are running street cannons, my RC's are much more open than the cannons (I put street cannons on first but quickly changed them). The street tuner only list street cannons as an option for the stage 1 canned map, the RC's could be why it didn't play nice with my bike. It is solved now and I couldn't be happier!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-19-2017, 10:52 PM
mjwebb's Avatar
mjwebb mjwebb is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 2,674
Thanked 778 Times in 588 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGeezer View Post
Good summary. So, do you want an anemic performing and sounding bike that stays in warranty.
wow...don't own one but drew came to this conclusion..wow
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-19-2017, 11:13 PM
YammyDrummer's Avatar
YammyDrummer YammyDrummer is offline
Road Captain
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 742
Thanked 74 Times in 63 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwebb View Post
wow...don't own one but drew came to this conclusion..wow
I don't think he meant all M8's are an anemic performing and sounding...just the owner's that switched to the FP3. Who clearly stated his "ran like S$#t since installing the pro street tuner".
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to YammyDrummer For This Useful Post:
mjwebb (04-20-2017)
 
 
 
P
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Other Devices: V&H FP3 Questions... Them Apples The Dyno Room 10 09-01-2017 05:42 PM
Need help deciding Springer66 Tri Glide & Freewheeler Models 7 06-20-2017 07:41 PM
2012 FLHTCU cutting out shortcircuit62 Touring Models 0 06-18-2017 01:55 PM
Trouble with FP3, bluetooth and app crashing missedem Vance & Hines 29 06-10-2017 05:56 PM
Freedom Exhaust and FP3 Dalt10 Softail Models 61 02-16-2016 02:22 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: