Sponsored by:

FP3 brought me back to life!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 08:06 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts
Default FP3 brought me back to life!!

My SGS has ran like S$#t since installing the pro street tuner. I'm not sure what the deal is but some run it and have no problems, my bike was the complete opposite. I have 6k miles on my bike with no problems so I figured I would roll the dice and try a Vance and Hines FP3, WOW!!! Now this is what I'm talking about, my bike is alive again! It is literally like a completely different motorcycle. The more I twisted the throttle, the bigger the grin got on my face. This thing is awesome and so easy to use. I fell in love with my bike all over again this afternoon!

The following users liked this post:
LoneRiderFLH (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 08:25 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

Good summary. So, do you want an anemic performing and sounding bike that stays in warranty. Or just f-k it and have some fun?

As observed from my other posts, I'm likely to add an M8 RK to my garage. I'll probably not get an ESP. Then swap in just SE Street Canons, until the warranty expires. Then I'll have some fun!!

Old 04-19-2017, 08:36 PM
LoneRiderFLH
Road Warrior
Received 949 Likes on 412 Posts

PowerVision, and I suspect FP3, stores original tune so it can be flashed back to stock tune. Add slip-ons, flash stock improved map and enjoy with no worry about warranty and no need for SE tuner

Old 04-19-2017, 09:12 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,252 Likes on 3,626 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
My SGS has ran like S$#t since installing the pro street tuner. I'm not sure what the deal is but some run it and have no problems, my bike was the complete opposite. I have 6k miles on my bike with no problems so I figured I would roll the dice and try a Vance and Hines FP3, WOW!!! Now this is what I'm talking about, my bike is alive again! It is literally like a completely different motorcycle. The more I twisted the throttle, the bigger the grin got on my face. This thing is awesome and so easy to use. I fell in love with my bike all over again this afternoon!
Why did you install the tuner on a stock bike?

Old 04-19-2017, 09:25 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneRiderFLH
PowerVision, and I suspect FP3, stores original tune so it can be flashed back to stock tune. Add slip-ons, flash stock improved map and enjoy with no worry about warranty and no need for SE tuner
I would suspect there is an encrypted code, that indicates if a non EPA tuner has been connected. Once it is activated it stores a code in NVM that can not be altered. Dont ask how I know this.

Ok...fine.. you pressured me. If you buy a non OEM toner cartridge for certain printers whose name starts and ends with the same constant, and the print quality sucks &/or you do not get as many prints...then you'll understand.

TexasMotorcycleRider (04-20-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 09:39 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
Why did you install the tuner on a stock bike?
Sorry, guess i didn't mention I have RCX 4.5's and HD high flow filter.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:44 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,252 Likes on 3,626 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
Sorry, guess i didn't mention I have RCX 4.5's and HD high flow filter.
So I guess the issue is that the Pro Street tuner won't tune in with the mufflers?

Old 04-19-2017, 09:50 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
So I guess the issue is that the Pro Street tuner won't tune in with the mufflers?
That could be the problem. Some guys here that are happy with the street tuner are running street cannons, my RC's are much more open than the cannons (I put street cannons on first but quickly changed them). The street tuner only list street cannons as an option for the stage 1 canned map, the RC's could be why it didn't play nice with my bike. It is solved now and I couldn't be happier!

Old 04-19-2017, 09:52 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,542 Likes on 4,431 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Good summary. So, do you want an anemic performing and sounding bike that stays in warranty.
wow...don't own one but drew came to this conclusion..wow

Old 04-19-2017, 10:13 PM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 487 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
wow...don't own one but drew came to this conclusion..wow
I don't think he meant all M8's are an anemic performing and sounding...just the owner's that switched to the FP3. Who clearly stated his "ran like S$#t since installing the pro street tuner".

mjwebb (04-20-2017)

Quick Reply: FP3 brought me back to life!!