Sponsored by:

Dealer selling new bike with Aftermarket catless exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 07:24 PM
jclax01
Road Warrior
Received 481 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Wizardofaus
What about that guy Harley refused a clutch service clam because he had an American flag

As I said Harley refused .... No mention of the dealer in this post
Isn't this exactly what I was saying?

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Larry (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 09:11 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

According to EPA on the posted like there is no such thing as off road legal use. There position that the rules apply to the boundaries of the US.

That was the main issue with H-D in their law suit that no legal provisions exist for off road use.

Some one did not read the link.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:16 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by lh4x4
According to EPA on the posted like there is no such thing as off road legal use. There position that the rules apply to the boundaries of the US.

That was the main issue with H-D in their law suit that no legal provisions exist for off road use.

Some one did not read the link.
Read again. It refers to "registered" which means the regulations are to be enforced by the State Agencies that register motorcycles for road use. No registration (therefore no inspection) is required for motorcycles used on the track or for off-roading.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:32 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,383 Likes on 4,003 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammerhead59

I am curious to ask, what do you have to gain by spending so much time on here telling everyone how the HD warranty works (from your view). This is what, your 4 or 5th huge write up? Who has this kind of time?
Just sharing info... there's a lot of confusion and apparently dealers aren't being honest with customers...

Skip my posts if you wish, won't hurt my feelings.....

Heatwave (04-25-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 12:44 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

[QUOTE=Uncle Larry;16174197]What about that guy Harley refused a clutch service clam because he had an American flag

This is exactly my point ... They are in the drivers seat and as such can make it difficult ( read impossible ) for you to get satisfaction should they decide to take exception. Could they be wrong? Maybe. Do you have deep enough pockets to go to battle with them?[/QUOTE

Hell no , but buyer restiance is something Harley can't manage or balance market share of.
No matter how big there pockets are If ya don't buy there product on the grounds of unreasonable warranty refusal they or any company goes bust.
I hope Harley ain't that arrogant that they think people will follow them through bad customer bad dealer and bad company service just cos it's a Harley. There fools if they think that

StevieRay59 (07-21-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 06:25 AM
guapo
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After reading all the stuff on what is going on with the EPA and my 2017 UC, in Purple Fire and Black Cherry, I am gonna wait until they go on sale and see what I can save. I only have 145 miles on my bike and don't want to void any thing.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:58 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,505 Likes on 4,415 Posts

[QUOTE=Wizardofaus;16175355]
Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
What about that guy Harley refused a clutch service clam because he had an American flag

This is exactly my point ... They are in the drivers seat and as such can make it difficult ( read impossible ) for you to get satisfaction should they decide to take exception. Could they be wrong? Maybe. Do you have deep enough pockets to go to battle with them?[/QUOTE

Hell no , but buyer restiance is something Harley can't manage or balance market share of.
No matter how big there pockets are If ya don't buy there product on the grounds of unreasonable warranty refusal they or any company goes bust.
I hope Harley ain't that arrogant that they think people will follow them through bad customer bad dealer and bad company service just cos it's a Harley. There fools if they think that
Consumer Reports published an article on reliability and customer loyalty. despite HD being mid pack in reliability, they ranked #1 in Customer Loyalty and stated over 70% of HD owners would buy another Harley despite below average reliability. Now that was a pre M8 report and as these new issues and concerns have surfaced they may impact that somewhat but wouldn't go so far as to agree with "I hope Harley ain't that arrogant that they think people will follow them through bad customer bad dealer and bad company service just cos it's a Harley. There fools if they think that"

Old 04-26-2017, 07:15 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,561 Likes on 5,153 Posts

There have been regulations they could enforce for years but did not. If you remember Jesse James was run out of CA with a huge fine for his so called 1 off bikes.
He got away with it until he drew to much attention . The one off and or race loop hole was something EPA could close anytime they wanted and they have been in some cases slowly doing so.
I think it was Dynojet that got spanked some years back and fined 1 million also forced to made some changes on their tuner by CA.
State and Federal EPA could shut down every bit of aftermarket exhaust and tuners if they wanted with current regulation if enforced. Even if the chnage is EPA compliant with EPA standards the chnage it's self is the violation not the results.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:25 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

[QUOTE=mjwebb;16175775]
Originally Posted by Wizardofaus

Consumer Reports published an article on reliability and customer loyalty. despite HD being mid pack in reliability, they ranked #1 in Customer Loyalty and stated over 70% of HD owners would buy another Harley despite below average reliability. Now that was a pre M8 report and as these new issues and concerns have surfaced they may impact that somewhat but wouldn't go so far as to agree with "I hope Harley ain't that arrogant that they think people will follow them through bad customer bad dealer and bad company service just cos it's a Harley. There fools if they think that"
Loyalty and stated over 70% of HD owners would buy another Harley despite below average reliability.

So where did the other 30% went with there money ? Just think 30% @ $13,000 a bike ( is what I paid for my 1200 custom ) is $390,000.
Please tell me any company can afford this kind of missed opportunity in sales because of 1 or 2 bad experiences with the brand.
Loyalty is one thing, but bad service and support makes people buy elsware.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:46 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,505 Likes on 4,415 Posts

not saying negative press and experiences won't have an impact of some kind, stands to reason it would..just reporting a study from an article

Quick Reply: Dealer selling new bike with Aftermarket catless exhaust