Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M8

Old 04-25-2017, 08:47 PM
Mbarz
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default M8

Got the M8 and have 3500 miles on it and everything been good the only thing I was curious about is my fan is constantly running in slow traffic or when I ever I stop when the temps are above 60 runs ok no issues does anybody else have there fan going on all the time it runs for about 15 seconds when I shut the bike off I have the 107 ultra limited

Old 04-26-2017, 05:24 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbarz
Got the M8 and have 3500 miles on it and everything been good the only thing I was curious about is my fan is constantly running in slow traffic or when I ever I stop when the temps are above 60 runs ok no issues does anybody else have there fan going on all the time it runs for about 15 seconds when I shut the bike off I have the 107 ultra limited
I do not really notice the fan on mine when I am riding which may be because I am rarely in slow moving traffic. However if its above 65 or so then fan does run for a bit when I shut it off if I have been going slow for a bit before killing it, like slowely going through a parking lot etc... I notice it mostly when I park in my garage, my driveway is about 75yds log with a few turns and most times I am going slow (1st gear) down the drive and into the garage, when I shut it down the fan usually kicks on

Old 04-26-2017, 05:52 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,557 Likes on 5,153 Posts

The fan running for a short time after shut down was to help prevent so called puking

Old 04-26-2017, 06:23 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Honestly, I'm enjoying the ride/music so much, I don't even notice. I can only tell it's on while sitting at a light when I, purposely, turn the music down out of politeness for those right beside me. If it's in the driveway/parked and running when I return from a ride, I can hear it because the music is down. I'd imagine you are fine and this is a benefit of buying a "wet" head ....to help keep the temps down

Old 04-26-2017, 06:25 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by sfcmo357
Honestly, I'm enjoying the ride/music so much, I don't even notice. I can only tell it's on while sitting at a light when I, purposely, turn the music down out of politeness for those right beside me. If it's in the driveway/parked and running when I return from a ride, I can hear it because the music is down. I'd imagine you are fine and this is a benefit of buying a "wet" head ....to help keep the temps down
Yep I can relate to that

Old 04-26-2017, 06:36 AM
henryg
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My Ultra Limited does the same.

H

Old 04-26-2017, 06:46 AM
sumncguy
Road Warrior

Received 213 Likes on 128 Posts

RTFM Fellas !
​​​​​​​There is feature .. not sure what it's called where you can shut one cylinder off in "hot" conditions. The cylinder the acts as an air pump to cool the engine. I'm at work but will look it up later. Not sure for all m8 models but 100 percent sure for 16 and 17 ultras..check you manual.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:46 AM
sumncguy
Road Warrior

Received 213 Likes on 128 Posts

RTFM Fellas !
​​​​​​​There is feature .. not sure what it's called where you can shut one cylinder off in "hot" conditions. The cylinder the acts as an air pump to cool the engine. I'm at work but will look it up later. Not sure for all m8 models but 100 percent sure for 16 and 17 ultras..check you manual.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:44 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by sumncguy
RTFM Fellas !
WOW....is RTFM....read the F'n manaul? If so, you may need to read it too. He's not talking about cylinder deactivation....he's talking about the actual fan on "wet heads" The cylinder deactivation just shuts down the rear cylinder so that it isn't giving off heat. I'm no mechanic....but it doesn't act like an air pump ---it just shuts down so it's not pushing heat on your leg. My 13 SG had the same feature---it's not new. But he's talking about the fan...

As for the rear cylinder acting like a air pump ....check your manual

Last edited by sfcmo357; 04-26-2017 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:56 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,492 Likes on 4,409 Posts

Originally Posted by sfcmo357
WOW....is RTFM....read the F'n manaul? If so, you may need to read it too. He's not talking about cylinder deactivation....he's talking about the actual fan on "wet heads" The cylinder deactivation just shuts down the rear cylinder so that it isn't giving off heat. I'm no mechanic....but it doesn't act like an air pump ---it just shuts down so it's not pushing heat on your leg. My 13 SG had the same feature---it's not new. But he's talking about the fan...

As for the rear cylinder acting like a air pump ....check your manual
my understanding is EITMS cuts out the injector on the rear cylinder which continues to act as an air pump

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: M8