Sponsored by:

Decided to get the New Stretched/extended bags

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 06:49 PM
Beretta52
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Decided to get the New Stretched/extended bags

I put a post up some weeks back seeking info on the extended stretched saddlebags that an HD forum sponsor sells on here. Vendor is Advan Black & they do extended bags, tour packs, extensions, custom painted & etc. I am happy to say that I "bit the bullet on these" so too speak, & just got mine delivered today from Hong Kong ( distribution & manufacturing location). ONLY TOOK 1 WEEK. They are 4.5" stretched & extended, and they are flawless!!!!!!!!!!! I mean there isn't an imperfection anywhere on these bags inside or outside. The paint match is perfect in Velocity Red. And the price with free shipping worked out to $475.00. These bags were definitely worth the money, & to say they are just as strong, & thick as the OEM bags is absolute truth. I used my existing lids on the new bags, & will sell the old OEM ones. Pics are attached & if you guys were contemplating on getting these, I will throw a big thank you out to Advan Black, & recommend them. I did extremely well by them. A chopped tour pack will be on order down the road. Here's a few pics. Last photo is with old bags.

The following users liked this post:
Johnny Goodlife (10-16-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 07:19 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 994 Likes on 591 Posts

Looks good! I doubt those would work with my SE mufflers though.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:09 PM
96slowbra
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

They look great. Thanks for the review, I was really thinking the extra money for harley was worth it.. But that's a big price difference..

Old 05-01-2017, 08:24 PM
Beretta52
Tourer

Originally Posted by 96slowbra
They look great. Thanks for the review, I was really thinking the extra money for harley was worth it.. But that's a big price difference..

Yea, I was very skeptical on these at first because there aren't many reviews on them. I decided what the hell, I can always return them, return shipping included, so what's the worst that could happen? Glad I made the choice to get them. They look even better than what the photos show.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:39 PM
guapo
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok so a different question, do you like the Cobra NH slip ons. How loud are they really. What other mods did you do. Did you tune and if so what one. I have a 17 Ultra Classic and am looking at Cobra 909 with K&N and a tune but don't want to void my warranty.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:42 PM
Rokinrider
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

Man those look awesome. I don't see Billet Silver listed. My only concern is wiil they hinder cornering clearance, I like to corner aggressively? The price is good also.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:03 PM
goblue90
Road Master
Received 334 Likes on 193 Posts

That looks nice! I almost purchased a set as well but opted for the angled extended bags by Arlen Ness.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:43 PM
Beretta52
Tourer

Originally Posted by guapo
Ok so a different question, do you like the Cobra NH slip ons. How loud are they really. What other mods did you do. Did you tune and if so what one. I have a 17 Ultra Classic and am looking at Cobra 909 with K&N and a tune but don't want to void my warranty.
I like the Cobra NH slipons. They sound "throaty" not obnoxious, but you can still hear the sound system. Head pipe is stock presently, no tune necessary when doing slipons. Even if you change out headpipes no tune is really necessary. Some will debate this fact but my indy guy who is a former master Harley mechanic says unless you mess with the breather box save the money for later down the road when you do a stage kit. When I make any changes to the breather then that's when I'll tune & add a stage one kit. No matter what ANYONE tells you, you cannot void out warranty changing pipes. ( unless you remove the cats.) Yea, you must use a Harley tuner now because of that major lawsuit they got hit with & the EPA crap. But changing pipes or doing a stage kit will not void warranty. (just use Harley tuner). If the Dealer tells you otherwise they are lying outa their butts. Harley corporate dictates what voids warranty not the dealer. Too many guys have been lied too about what voids out warranty & such. They'll sell you the stuff so why would they void out your warranty? Getting back to the NH slipons, I just realized the tips are up against the extended bags now. . Hope they don't cause any problems. Worse case I'll go back to my stock pipes & sell the Cobra's.

Old 05-01-2017, 10:49 PM
xnysgt
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

Those look fricken amazing and I love how it slams out the look of the bike, making it look lowered but without having to do it. I'm glad you rolled the dice and came out on top, especially with the concerns you had over the reviews mentioning how much thinner than OEM the bags were.

Now all you need (famous last words) is an Arlen Ness rear fender extender so the fender meets the bottom of the bags and semi-encircles your slip-ons.

I personally went with the 4" extended bags due to an over abundance of caution for the same reasons mentioned by SWThomas... questions about scraping while cornering. But now I wish I did the 4.5". Just awesome, enjoy them!

Last edited by xnysgt; 05-01-2017 at 10:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Beretta52 (05-01-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 11:37 PM
Beretta52
Tourer

Originally Posted by xnysgt
Those look fricken amazing and I love how it slams out the look of the bike, making it look lowered but without having to do it. I'm glad you rolled the dice and came out on top, especially with the concerns you had over the reviews mentioning how much thinner than OEM the bags were.

Now all you need (famous last words) is an Arlen Ness rear fender extender so the fender meets the bottom of the bags and semi-encircles your slip-ons.

I personally went with the 4" extended bags due to an over abundance of caution for the same reasons mentioned by SWThomas... questions about scraping while cornering. But now I wish I did the 4.5". Just awesome, enjoy them!
It will be somewhat of a challenge not to "drop low" on cornering now. LOL. I have already lightly scraped the underside of the Cobra's (minor) exiting my driveway. Here in Florida the driveways dip dramatically at the end to allow rain to drain better. I usually take them on an angle not to bottom out. Last thing I want to do now is bottom out with the lower bags. But I am very happy how they look on the bike.

Quick Reply: Decided to get the New Stretched/extended bags