Sponsored by:

Slip on will void warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 05:37 PM
Turkey75
Stage IV
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BrokenAnchor
There is a solution to all of your problems, move to Canada where we aren't bound by the EPA decree, lol.
I was just going to ask about the warranty in Canada. I just ordered V&S slip-on's as a surprise for my husband and was freaking out when I started reading this.....so warranty won't be an issue here in Canada then?

Old 07-19-2018, 05:46 PM
VDeuce
Road Warrior
Received 403 Likes on 257 Posts

Yes it will.
No it won't.
Try it and find out. Is there anyone here that can really say for certain?

God this is getting old.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:57 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Originally Posted by VDeuce
Yes it will.
No it won't.
Try it and find out. Is there anyone here that can really say for certain?

God this is getting old.

Yes me. 3 engines and a replaced bike under warranty. I always had just slip ons

Old 07-19-2018, 11:22 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,228 Likes on 1,267 Posts

If your muffler change results in defeating the emissions control system, then Harley is absolutely entitled to void your warranty for that. They are not required to, but they may.

If your slip-ons are EPA-compliant, then Harley should absolutely not be voiding your warranty for those (unless somehow they can prove that the mufflers caused the damage).

Old 07-20-2018, 02:07 AM
skeeter86
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 2018 parts catolog

in the screaming eagle parts section you will see a little gray box that says must be installed at time of delivery or your warrant will be void. ! sounds alittle to general . Like they could void it for anything ?

Old 07-20-2018, 04:03 AM
army_eod
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by skeeter86
in the screaming eagle parts section you will see a little gray box that says must be installed at time of delivery or your warrant will be void. ! sounds alittle to general . Like they could void it for anything ?
Yes. I noticed that little small print about installing at time of delivery. That is bogus. So HD is basically telling us that even if you have a HD installed Stage after purchase, it can void your warranty.
That makes no sense. Based on that info, I would never buy any staging product from HD. I would think this will cause HD to lose tons of sales.

Stupid for sure. But I did read the same thing you did. It is right there in their catalog.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:01 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,228 Likes on 1,267 Posts

That's not exactly how it works. If you get a Harley Stage upgrade installed within the first 60 days of ownership, it gets included in your 2-year factory warranty.

If you instead get it installed after 60 days, the parts in the Stage kit will have their own 1-year warranty.

The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 08:03 PM
Uboofer
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Harley has a serious issue going on. They have always had the philosophy of “Make your bike yours”. Now if you “make you bike yours” your screwed.

Between the Millennium problem and their now hard stance on using HD parts only or we void your warranty stuff, I honestly can start to see the downfall coming. In 2017 they were complaining that they were having issues selling bikes. What did they do? Rose the price of their bike significantly. $3000 for a SGS alone.

They need to wake up. It kind of like this: You **** in the cornflakes long enough, people just quit buying cornflakes. That’s what may happen.

Harley riders are dedicated. God knows I love mine but everyone has their limits. Keep it up your going to be walking to the unemployment office.

Last edited by Uboofer; 07-20-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:02 PM
Toolmaster
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I DON'T CARE ANYMORE >>> put on Vance and Hines Eliminator 300 slip ons and a basic Harley tuner.

Back to new.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:04 PM
rhagerbaumer
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Not to add to the confusion - but after reading about 100 responses all contradicting each other - I remain confused. I talked to my service guy today - mind you not the guy in charge - just the guy at the desk. I asked him if slip-ons voided the warranty, he looked at me and said no, they sell them at the shop. Then I asked if I needed to tune with slip-ons. He said yes and they do Power Vision tuning there. I asked if that would void the warranty (having read the only approved tuner was the Screaming Eagle) and he said 'yes, we just had an issue with that last week.'

I'm considering putting my stock slip-ons back on. That would really suck! I really like the look and sound the S&S MK45's. Maybe not though. I'm okay with the noise compliance warranty being voided. Boo Hoo. I also think the only problem with slip-ons is that if they cause damage upstream, that will not be covered by warranty. Just like the slip-ons will not be covered by damage done by a warrantied part.

I hate even having to think about this crap.

Quick Reply: Slip on will void warranty