Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who's been having to add transmission fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 10:54 AM
MotoJockey
Stellar HDF Member

Received 3,080 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Wonder how long it will take the aftermarket guys to start selling this vent set up with chrome fittings and SS braided hose? That will make all ok then, right?

Old 10-28-2018, 12:46 PM
Rogue1
Road Master
Received 651 Likes on 329 Posts
Default Dipstick

Originally Posted by snowdevil23
when I checked mine around 650 miles, it was just touching the end of the dipstick. added about 5-6 ounces to full. thought it was the dealer not doing the pdi before sending it out. never heard of a trans ever using oil. ive had dirtbikes , quads, and 4 Harleys and they never used ANY oil unless it leaked out. there's no oil on my garage floor since I got it. so wheres it going ?
I pulled my dipstick out and took sandpaper and sand it down the back side so it's not shiny anymore it helped a lot. It's tough to see that almost clear fluid on a chrome dipstick

Old 10-28-2018, 02:59 PM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron (CA)
My story is almost 100% the same as yours. They offered me the same "Joe's Garage" fix and I declined and continue to battle with the MOCO to get my bike fixed correctly. They tell me they do not have any other solutions. What BS!!
So I guess its okay for the fluid (if any) can drain on the drive belt or the rear tire? What a joke the MoCo is becoming. I think I would have refused that fix and bought stonecolds fix

Old 10-28-2018, 05:27 PM
Ron (CA)
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jd05flhtci
So I guess its okay for the fluid (if any) can drain on the drive belt or the rear tire? What a joke the MoCo is becoming. I think I would have refused that fix and bought stonecolds fix
Trying to Reach Stone Cold. Will sit tight until I hear from him

Old 10-28-2018, 08:15 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron (CA)
Trying to Reach Stone Cold. Will sit tight until I hear from him
Ok, now you don’t have to sit tight anymore. Now if you want to PM me you’ll either have to have 25 posts or be a paying member. If you just want information I’ll be happy to answer any questions I can.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:18 PM
MotoJockey
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by MCCHP
it is not a vent setup that fixes the problem I have the fix for the problem it's a new clutch rod. All these problems started when they went to the one their now using since 2014
First off, I didn't say it was a fix for the problem, I was trying to make light of a situation that the MoCo has caused. If I had any faith that the MoCo was going to fix this in a timely manner, I would not have traded my M8 back in for a perfectly running, non fluid transferring, non oil burning TC!

Second, I know you seem to think you have the "Fix", I guess that's why you PM'd me trying to sell me a part that I can buy at the Dealer, but you're late to the game on two counts. 1)- the new/old push rod is NOT the 100% cure, too many have still transferred fluid with it installed. 2)- $tonecold has the "Fix"........... period!!

The following users liked this post:
jd05flhtci (10-29-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 08:27 PM
MotoJockey
Stellar HDF Member

Lol!! I would love to see who purchased my product to where it has not fixed the problem. It has fixed every single one 300 plus. Believe what you want. The other way it is way too time-consuming and way over thought for something that is really simple.
I will believe what I want, and believe that 300+ fixes is bullshit!

Old 10-28-2018, 08:41 PM
$tonecold
Club Member

definitely a lot of jealousy I see. And it's not bullshit...
No jealousy, I hope your pushrod is everything you say it is. It’ definitely simpler to install and less expensive. The only thing is I don’t see where it is different from the three piece 2014 hydraulic pushrod in theory and those don’t always fix the transfer problem. Appears to have about a 75% success rate from the information I have seen.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:44 PM
Ron (CA)
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by $tonecold

Ok, now you don’t have to sit tight anymore. Now if you want to PM me you’ll either have to have 25 posts or be a paying member. If you just want information I’ll be happy to answer any questions I can.
messaged you via linkedin, and another forum. sent you my contact info.

thanks

Old 10-28-2018, 10:45 PM
$tonecold
Club Member

And the rod you're talking about was only used on 14 CVO. Everything else from there on out has what I've made the replacement for.
Well I wish you luck, but the transfer problem really didn't become a major deal until the 2017 models, so there is something besides a different pushrod causing it. In the 2015-16 models the MOCO seemed to be able to cure transferring bikes by replacing the engine main seal. From what I heard for those models that worked, but it doesn't work very often on the 2017's and up. I think the inner side cover has quite a bit to do with it, but they have been using it since 2013. It doesn't allow fluid to drain back into the transmission so it takes the path of least resistance down the mainshaft. By making the pushrod larger you have made that path more resistant, but not impassable.

Quick Reply: who's been having to add transmission fluid?