Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How I got my 17 FLHX under MSRP with slip-ons installed (and you can too)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 06:19 AM
fiddypal
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How I got my 17 FLHX under MSRP with slip-ons installed (and you can too)

*Warning* - This is going to be a long one, skip to the end if you want the short/sweet summary *Warning*

This probably will not last long once the word is out there, so if you are looking to get a new bike act fast. My dealer was pissed when i pulled this little stunt on them but they can kiss my *** because they thought i was a sucker and they were trying to pull a fast one on me. In the end it was I who pulled the fast one!

So, how did i get a brand spankin new 2017 street glide at the start of the riding reasons for UNDER MSRP with Rhinehart slip-ons installed?

I haggle with the sales guys, and they end up settling on MSRP as they sale price (+ all their bullshit fees). So then i get into the finance office and the price jumps up 2-3k. I question all the BS fee's, we go back and forth a while, then he says "let me do this.... Harley likes all new bikes to have a 3 year warranty on them so i will reduce the fee's to the amount the extended warranty is so you get that for free". I am getting tired at this point so i agree, he hands the sheet back to me to sign and looking at the numbers something is not right, the price went UP slightly.

So i punch some numbers in the calc on my phone and am like "WTF dude how is the price now higher you said you were lowering the fees so the warranty would net to 0$ this is higher now" to which he replied "ohh ohh i forget to reduce one fee my bad one sec" at which point he snatches the paper away from me so i cant compare it to the new one hes going to give me.

At this point i know the ******* is trying to get every penny he can out of me by trying to sneak **** in there and hope i am not paying attention. So when he gives me the new contract its actually lower than what he said it would be (probably because he knew i was onto his games).

Now stupid me didn't pay attention to the interest rate they set me up at, NINE F'ING PERCENT!!! Why am i so mad??? Because my credit score is just shy of 800 and there is no way in HELL 9% is a reasonable rate for someone with my credit score. This is just more points the dealer is trying to make off you. (in the end this did not really matter since i paid the bike off before the first payment on the loan was due, but the principal alone of them trying to screw me on the interest rate is what really did it)

This sent me over the edge when i got home and i scoured every last word on every contract, finding the secret weapon i would ultimately use to destroy them.

As it turns out, the extended warranty contract had language in it that allows me to cancel it and receive a full refund as long as no claims have been made within 60 days of purchase. So i printed out a written request as stipulated in the contract and brought it with me when i went to go pickup the bike. When the finance guy got the paperwork he flipped out on me "you can't do this, i discounted you all those fees we are going to have to charge you those if you cancel the warranty, this is dishonest you knew i removed those fees to do this for you" blah blah blah.

I politely informed him that the extended warranty and the purchase and sale agreement of the bike are 2 separate contracts and that it was his choice to waive those fee's for me, not mine. Told him he should have thought about that since HIS contract clearly states i can cancel at any time within 60 day window. They made a big scene in front of everyone by getting the floor manager, then he was like "oh were just gona cancel the sale then" so i said "sure, just show me the terms in the contract which state your allowed to cancel a sale because your mad i cancelled the warranty". They disappeared in the back office for a while then came out and begrudgingly cancelled the warranty. (as they had no choice)

Apparently i am the first one to "do this to them". Well, that's what happens when you are a dishonest piece of crap and try to steal from me, used your own weapons against you.

MORAL OF THE STORY - Trick those f'ers into putting all their rip-off fees into the price of the extended warranty so you can cancel it and get your money back.

The following 5 users liked this post by fiddypal:
GalvTexGuy (05-11-2017), hattitude (05-11-2017), Schex (05-11-2017), snooop1e (07-12-2019), Sturgis67 (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 06:42 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

congratulations on the new bike !

liven the bikers life style.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:42 AM
xcbullet
Road Warrior
Received 261 Likes on 223 Posts

Cool I like it , I hate the extras it's such a rip. I bought a factory demo snowmobile and the charged me frieght & prep. But at that point I wanted it so I hate it, that's how they get us.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:46 AM
fiddypal
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I tell them upfront when i walk in that i have perfect credit and am ready to buy today, that is like GOLD to a dealer, a guaranteed sale. I was very upfront with them "Just give me the total price out the door, i do not like math. You guys know what costs you need to cover, no games give me a total price" which they did not.... so i had to end up doing my favorite thing (math) and they paid dearly for it!!!

Old 05-11-2017, 07:41 AM
GEORGEW
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

How much $$ for the extended warranty ?

Old 05-11-2017, 07:43 AM
PPearl
Tourer
Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts

I love a happy ending!

Old 05-11-2017, 07:49 AM
Dguy
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm happy for you. The way most Harley dealers handles their sales is a disgrace. I'm in Canada and my last 2 bike have been US imports. My local dealer has basically told me " don't come to us for Service" WTF? So I don't....lol. I also don't go there for sales, accessories, oil, filters, parts etc....and nor will I go there when I want a new bike. They've got a real good business plan there.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:53 AM
LoneRiderFLH
Road Warrior
Received 949 Likes on 412 Posts

And when you pay-off the high interest note within 6 months, they get hit again

Old 05-11-2017, 08:07 AM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

F&I people in dealerships definitely are not on your side.Their job is to squeeze every dime out of you.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:10 AM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

Excellent story! Good on you for beating them at their own game.

Quick Reply: How I got my 17 FLHX under MSRP with slip-ons installed (and you can too)