Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my new RK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 10:37 PM
bigsteve113
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations ! My RK is an '07......it's still my favorite bike I ever had !!!!

Old 06-05-2017, 11:18 AM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,082 Likes on 3,324 Posts

Originally Posted by Williare
I had a 2014 Road King that I bought new. It was totaled on 8/7/2016 when I was hit by a car. I waited until April of this year before ordering a new bike (I had some health issues diagnosed right after my accident that weren't related to the accident, which seemed to have cleared up).

Picked it up yesterday and rode it into work. Spent yesterday evening in the driveway, adding on new rider and passenger foot boards, highway pegs, Sundowner Seat, and Rider's Claw for my cellphone. I only have about 90 miles on it right now (odometer showed 1 mile when I picked it up).

I'm keeping it stock until next month. When I take it in for the 1000 mile service, I'm adding Screamin' Eagle exhaust, Street Canon slip ons, and Screamin' Eagle intake. Adding a mount for my Zumo GPS that I still have from my 2014 RK.
Great choice and enjoy !

Old 06-23-2017, 06:25 PM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,082 Likes on 3,324 Posts

Originally Posted by Williare
I had a 2014 Road King that I bought new. It was totaled on 8/7/2016 when I was hit by a car. I waited until April of this year before ordering a new bike (I had some health issues diagnosed right after my accident that weren't related to the accident, which seemed to have cleared up).

Picked it up yesterday and rode it into work. Spent yesterday evening in the driveway, adding on new rider and passenger foot boards, highway pegs, Sundowner Seat, and Rider's Claw for my cellphone. I only have about 90 miles on it right now (odometer showed 1 mile when I picked it up).

I'm keeping it stock until next month. When I take it in for the 1000 mile service, I'm adding Screamin' Eagle exhaust, Street Canon slip ons, and Screamin' Eagle intake. Adding a mount for my Zumo GPS that I still have from my 2014 RK.

How do you like the Sundowner? I just ordered one and curious. Do you have anyone riding two up with you ? I mainly got this so my wife is happy back there.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:07 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,658 Likes on 943 Posts

Sweet bike!

Old 06-25-2017, 07:22 AM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

That classic saddle looks good. Somewhere in touring parts for sale there's a set of RK Classic wheels with the www's for sale @$250. Great value, but I don't have the $$$ to put into them. Yours would look great with the spokes.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:36 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

Congrats on the King....Now chrome those front forks..a unforeseen mod that riders never do....Best choice.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:54 AM
Williare
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stixvrad
How do you like the Sundowner? I just ordered one and curious. Do you have anyone riding two up with you ? I mainly got this so my wife is happy back there.
I really like tha sundowner. I kept the stock seat on my 2014 RK, and now I see why people complain about the stock seat.

i no longer experience the discomfort and shifting around I did on my 14.

The following users liked this post:
stixvrad (06-26-2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 07:56 AM
Williare
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stixvrad
And I forgot to add--I only ride solo, so I can't answer any questions about 2 up.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:57 AM
Williare
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Steel Wheels
That classic saddle looks good. Somewhere in touring parts for sale there's a set of RK Classic wheels with the www's for sale @$250. Great value, but I don't have the $$$ to put into them. Yours would look great with the spokes.
I do miss the spoke wheels and white walls I had on my '14. When it's time to replace the tires, I'm going to have to make a decision about that.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:00 AM
Williare
Intermediate

Originally Posted by duglaura&flhti
Congrats on the King....Now chrome those front forks..a unforeseen mod that riders never do....Best choice.
Damnit! I've been thinking about doing that, and now I'll probably have to, just because you recommended it.

stop spending my money! I spend enough all on my own😁

Quick Reply: Finally got my new RK!!!