Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush Big Louie

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 09:12 PM
Mitsutuner
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rush have a stepped baffles. 3" necked down to 2 or 2.5" I cannot remember.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:14 PM
Mitsutuner
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone finds a way to make the m8 louder please please let me know!

Old 06-14-2017, 09:25 PM
azbob09
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Beretta52
Yea, You're right about the baffles. I believe now they all come thru with 2.5" baffles. There were some sound issues, or exhaust flow issues, in the past with one side being louder, or having more air flow than the other from what Mike@ Westendmotorsports.com mentioned to me. Since then they have changed all the baffles to accommodate sound perfection & even air flow exhaust pressure out of both pipes now. Mike has sound clips on his site for numerous slip-ons with our M8's. All sound pretty good but I was sold on Louie's due to longer tip extensions that I need. Not sure if the M8's will ever get the same "sound" like my 15 SGS had, but these new motors have a lot of other perks to make me happy. I love my M8 RGS.
That's all true. I got a pair of those that I got for-sale that I only ran on my 2017 Tri glide for about 500 miles & where to loud for my taste but powered out well .They are slash down.
Due to the TG's adapter, they are the same size ID to header intake & will fit all 2016 touring models & older but with different size baffles(2.5" on right & 3" on left side) as recommended by Rush to compensate for the difference in exhaust flow as mentioned above.
They are in the classifieds section with photo's. I'm leaving town for a month trip Saturday morning early so if any of you all are interested in them PM me soon. I'd like $295 plus shipping.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:31 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitsutuner
Trade it in on a 2016! All kidding aside, the M8 just doesn't put out that killer sound. Orange county choppers just did a charity touring bike with the M8, they put a turn down open header that stopped at the floorboard and even it did not have the sound I was expecting.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:36 AM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

I know it won't sound the same as a TC. But the TC doesn't sound as good as the Evo. We now have a much needed more modern motor with 8 valves. The good outweighs the bad. If the sound is your big problem, then you're lucky. When I get one I will have FM air kit and head pipe with Big Louie slip on.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:02 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
Trade it in on a 2016! All kidding aside, the M8 just doesn't put out that killer sound. Orange county choppers just did a charity touring bike with the M8, they put a turn down open header that stopped at the floorboard and even it did not have the sound I was expecting.
You're right the M8 is a much tamer exhaust note than the TC's for sure. Without head work and a cam I doubt that will change much. It's Ok by me as that is my touring motor and I while I want to hear it I don't want it forefront in my head for 12 hours.

Another thing to consider also is that the bigger mufflers that are the trend now put out a deeper tone but they lack the punch that was more common in the TC days with the 3.5 and 4" cans. I personally don't care for the sound of any of the 4.5 offerings. the smaller cans have more projected volume than do the 4.5's when you lay into it. At idle they are all similar.

Last edited by todd-67; 06-15-2017 at 08:04 AM.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:38 AM
BlkHillsBagger
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitsutuner
Are you in Rapid City? When Fuel Moto installed the Wood 222 cam in mine, it got noticeably louder, and thats with the decibel killers still in. I'm still not sold on liking the overall sound of it now. Riding it, I feel like I'm getting this "hollow" blat-blat-blat sound. To me it sounds like when someone puts crappy mufflers on a Jap big bore bike. Im hoping as time goes by, better options will come along. If you're in Rapid City, you're welcome to take a listen to mine. We can pull the Db killers to see what you think of that as well.

Old 06-17-2017, 05:36 PM
olbkid
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ended up getting the big louies and I am very happy with them. They have a nice deep sound. The few clips of them are pretty acurate. They report when you want them to but in my opinion they aren't what Id call obnoxious. Nothing near stock sound. They in no way interfere with the tunes on the highway. Thank yall for the imput

Last edited by olbkid; 06-17-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:02 AM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by olbkid
Ended up getting the big louies and I am very happy with them. They have a nice deep sound. The few clips of them are pretty acurate. They report when you want them to but in my opinion they aren't what Id call obnoxious. Nothing near stock sound. They in no way interfere with the tunes on the highway. Thank yall for the imput
Did you put 3" baffle on the left side?

Old 06-18-2017, 10:43 AM
olbkid
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
Did you put 3" baffle on the left side?
These have a stepped baffle. 2.5 - 3 in each

Quick Reply: Rush Big Louie